Vols are better football team than Gators, Barrett Sallee

I am inclined to suspect you are doing your best to play this game down to lower our spirits, lawgator. Something tells me you will have your Gator pom-poms in hand and at the edge of your seat in a little more than 24 hours regardless of what you are expressing here. We better be on guard against this ploy. I have seen enough of these Gator/Vols matchups to think your team is coming to Neyland like a group of sad sacks. I expect emotions will run high at game time. That's one prediction I can make that I am confident in.
I read this in the voice of "Eugene" from the "Walking Dead". We can never trust this vile, gator scum.

I guess I'm just getting bored with this "rivalry." I miss the days when it mattered nationally. I miss the days when it mattered as to who would win the entire SEC. I miss the days when it mattered to who won the East. And now I miss the days when it figured into which team went to the Outback or Citrus Bowls, versus which went to the Gator Bowl.

Now we are fighting for also-ran status in the middle of the pack of our pretty average conference division. Meh. Just meh.

I do miss the days when you couldn't spell Citrus without UT.

Honestly, aside from the 3 hours of entertainment it represents tomorrow night, I attach zero significance to the game for either team. We are both average and I suspect that both Mullen and Pruitt have big plans to overhaul both teams over the spring and summer.

Neither team a year from now is going to look much like it does this year. At best, it sets you up for a meaningless crap bowl, which either (or both) teams would be looking past the moment it gets scheduled.

Both teams, right now, are already in the rearview mirrors of these programs, on the whole.

God, I hope so.

Getting to a bowl is extremely important this year. It gets us 15 extra practices, plus it helps to build credibility with recruits in terms of what direction the program is headed. No, we're not competing for an SEC championship this year but there's certainly things at stake with this game. A win tonight is crucial if we are to hope to reach a bowl.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
Sallee: Vols are "better overall football team" than Gators

Here is an eve of game prediction in our favor from one of the CBS supposed experts. Sallee is just one more football prognosticator, but it's a good read on a Friday even if a prediction carries no real weight in the outcome.

Florida is on their 8th coach since 2001. Tennessee is on number 5 in that time frame. Similar turnover issues.

Recruiting the past 10 yrs is about even.

UT is 1-4 in the last 5 having lost 2 games on basically the last play, poor officiating etc...and blew a 9-0 lead and 27-14 leads in the 4th quarter. UT has been the better team and should have 5 in a row. New sheriff in town with new attitude and new bounce of the ball, great coaching staff.

Tennessee 31
aight
Gators 17

:eek:

That settles it, other than you being wrong. The 2006(23), 2009(10), 2010(9), 2012(17), 2014(5), and 2018(20) rankings were nearly identical to years coming off successful seasons on the field. The 2007(3), 2008(35), 2016(15), and 2017(15) classes were not that noticeably higher rated other than the 2007 class but it was similar to the 2014 class, two completely different seasons. The 2008 class was the lowest rated class out of the group coming off of a 10 win season no less

That settles it, other than you being wrong. The 2006(23), 2009(10), 2010(9), 2012(17), 2014(5), and 2018(20) rankings were nearly identical to years coming off successful seasons on the field. The 2007(3), 2008(35), 2016(15), and 2017(15) classes were not that noticeably higher rated other than the 2007 class but it was similar to the 2014 class, two completely different seasons. The 2008 class was the lowest rated class out of the group coming off of a 10 win season no less
So when we win today, will you STOP posting?

I find it pretty annoying having Lizards come on here wallowing in their misery and playing down this game. It shows a willful ignorance on their part and is disrespectful to Vols given the context of our teams' recent successes, or lack thereof. I don't need any of those guys to tell me how much this game doesn't matter. It matters, a tremendous amount. I'm sure there are plenty of Florida boards for you guys to go and discuss your 1st world problems and your current boredom with your program. Trust me, we can one up any "problem" you think you have.

Just get ready to get a mud hole stomped up in ya. I hate Florida.

Duh! We are usually better than them but we still manage to lose
This is nothing new

I guess I'm just getting bored with this "rivalry." I miss the days when it mattered nationally. I miss the days when it mattered as to who would win the entire SEC. I miss the days when it mattered to who won the East. And now I miss the days when it figured into which team went to the Outback or Citrus Bowls, versus which went to the Gator Bowl.

Now we are fighting for also-ran status in the middle of the pack of our pretty average conference division. Meh. Just meh.
Just go grocery shopping with your boy friend.

On of our biggest challenges is the record vs fla over the past 10 or 15 years. It sucks that this rivalry is nothing compared to what it used to be. I just hope our boys will have a winning attitude and play every snap with their ears pinned back. Nothing to lose!

With the score being 23-3 right now. How can anyone say UT has a better team than Florida?

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back