Vols are better football team than Gators, Barrett Sallee

I find it pretty annoying having Lizards come on here wallowing in their misery and playing down this game. It shows a willful ignorance on their part and is disrespectful to Vols given the context of our teams' recent successes, or lack thereof. I don't need any of those guys to tell me how much this game doesn't matter. It matters, a tremendous amount. I'm sure there are plenty of Florida boards for you guys to go and discuss your 1st world problems and your current boredom with your program. Trust me, we can one up any "problem" you think you have.

Just get ready to get a mud hole stomped up in ya. I hate Florida.

I guess I'm just getting bored with this "rivalry." I miss the days when it mattered nationally. I miss the days when it mattered as to who would win the entire SEC. I miss the days when it mattered to who won the East. And now I miss the days when it figured into which team went to the Outback or Citrus Bowls, versus which went to the Gator Bowl.

Now we are fighting for also-ran status in the middle of the pack of our pretty average conference division. Meh. Just meh.
While this is true, I'm like most, and not expecting much this year. However, I will get some enjoyment out of seeing our team fight, claw and battle while minimizing mistakes and getting better. If we can do that, regardless of what record turns out to be this year, it will give me some optimism toward the future. Regressing further is not an option, and I don't think Pruitt will allow it.

Reactions: LibertyVolance
I'm not sure we're better than Florida top to bottom. However, I trust Guarantano over Franks by a wide margin. That and Neyland at night bodes well for the Vols IMO

Reactions: sameolvol
I am inclined to suspect you are doing your best to play this game down to lower our spirits, lawgator. Something tells me you will have your Gator pom-poms in hand and at the edge of your seat in a little more than 24 hours regardless of what you are expressing here. We better be on guard against this ploy. I have seen enough of these Gator/Vols matchups to think your team is coming to Neyland like a group of sad sacks. I expect emotions will run high at game time. That's one prediction I can make that I am confident in.

I sincerely hope that you and all the fans have a great time at or watching the game. Nothing like a night game and SEC football !!

But I have this picture in my head of the way it used to be. I used to gauge how much fun I had by how many cool plays, great catches and runs, and how many scores we put up. Now the measure is how much I can avoid wincing or throwing my hands up in disgust at our ineptitude. It has not been fun for awhile. It has instead been annoying.

I am inclined to suspect you are doing your best to play this game down to lower our spirits, lawgator. Something tells me you will have your Gator pom-poms in hand and at the edge of your seat in a little more than 24 hours regardless of what you are expressing here. We better be on guard against this ploy. I have seen enough of these Gator/Vols matchups to think your team is coming to Neyland like a group of sad sacks. I expect emotions will run high at game time. That's one prediction I can make that I am confident in.

sorry, double post

I guess it's nice to read a positive take on the Vols, but this is just silly. Did he watch the game or even read the stats? How, exactly, does he think it went "sideways" in the first place? Apparently he thinks it was "smart defense" that led to it "getting sideways"...

"defensively they played pretty well against a really tough West Virginia team in the opener before it got sideways"

I guess it's nice to read a positive take on the Vols, but this is just silly. Did he watch the game or even read the stats? How, exactly, does he think it went "sideways" in the first place? Apparently he thinks it was "smart defense" that led to it "getting sideways"...

"defensively they played pretty well against a really tough West Virginia team in the opener before it got sideways"
I think he meant before the game got sideways. As in when they started getting a lead on us. He was saying we did good before the half but once the second half came and they started to play we didnt play so well.

LawGator writes like all the Gators I hear here in Florida. This is what makes me so sick. They gripe and complain that they don’t have a chance and that we will beat them and the game doesn’t matter anyway, then for the rest of the year talk about how superior their team is to ours. I’m sick of these Gatas and hope that we trounce them tomorrow night!

I guess I'm just getting bored with this "rivalry." I miss the days when it mattered nationally. I miss the days when it mattered as to who would win the entire SEC. I miss the days when it mattered to who won the East. And now I miss the days when it figured into which team went to the Outback or Citrus Bowls, versus which went to the Gator Bowl.

Now we are fighting for also-ran status in the middle of the pack of our pretty average conference division. Meh. Just meh.

Don’t be scared.

42244403_10217227433620230_4105907998180769792_n.jpg

I think they are better OVERALL. Unfortunately the OL and DL are so bad it may not matter.

And yet here you are again just like every year!?!

What are you talking about? Some say this is the key matchup to determine 6th place in the SEC!

Vandy is jealous that they aren't eligible.

Honestly, aside from the 3 hours of entertainment it represents tomorrow night, I attach zero significance to the game for either team. We are both average and I suspect that both Mullen and Pruitt have big plans to overhaul both teams over the spring and summer.

Neither team a year from now is going to look much like it does this year. At best, it sets you up for a meaningless crap bowl, which either (or both) teams would be looking past the moment it gets scheduled.

Both teams, right now, are already in the rearview mirrors of these programs, on the whole.

God, I hope so.

I can't speak for the Gators, but I disagree that our team is in the rearview mirror -- I fully expect MOST of these current players to be playing big roles next year, as we are very young as the two deep is currently constituted. The offense is young all over, and while the D loses a few seniors, there are 3 frosh and 2 sophomores in the secondary alone.

I expect the Vols to win. I want to see improvement from game 1 from the vols. I am still seeing if our coaching is for real. If they play Tennessee football they should have a punchers chance in every game it's really that easy.

I sincerely hope that you and all the fans have a great time at or watching the game. Nothing like a night game and SEC football !!

But I have this picture in my head of the way it used to be. I used to gauge how much fun I had by how many cool plays, great catches and runs, and how many scores we put up. Now the measure is how much I can avoid wincing or throwing my hands up in disgust at our ineptitude. It has not been fun for awhile. It has instead been annoying.
Just come on over to the good side. We still care. We'll call you LawVol.

VN Store

Back