VolNation needs to calm down

Patience? It's been 7 years since we've been relevant and far more than that since we've been dominant. I think the "we have the most impatient fans in the country" argument is a load of sh1t.

Yall we just lost to the number 3 team with the number one defense. Yall we had no chance at winning that game. How do you expect us to keep up with a top ten team when you play 23 freshman. I know I'm probably about to get flamed but hey we are going to get curb stomped against Alabama this week too. I'm just looking forward to the last 4 games against USC, Missouri at home, Kentucky at home, and Vandy on the road. We can still make a bowl game. Keep the faith guys!!! Go Vols!!!!

If you're gonna post this stuff--then you must be ready for differing opinions....I definitely DIDN'T expect us to win this game, but I DID expect us to be extremely competitive and play hard.

Our defense played very well--well enough to give us a chance to win...

I didn't expect our offense to dominate, but there were plays to be had and BOISE STATE played better against Ole Sis offensively than we did.

1. We completed 2 passes all night to TEs that gained 6-8 yds each time--those passes don't take a lot of time and give the QB time to get rid of the ball quickly. I would've liked to have seen more of them.

2. There were running plays to be had...long Hurd run was just an example....OUR OFFENSIVE SCHEME doesn't give our freshman OL a chance to make blocks. We just expect them to line up and muscle bigger, stronger, and more mature DL out of the hole and it's stupid. Our OC can't or won't adjust.

3. The Double REVERSE was a stupid call....the stupidity was in it being a DOUBLE REVERSE! A SINGLE REVERSE WOULD have been a GREAT CALL--even if it is 2 games too late!

Watch the film--if Pearson keeps the ball on that play as a single reverse he probably scores....the Double Reverse just brought the ball back into the defensive pursuit....STUPID THOUGHT IN making it a DOUBLE reverse.

4. Our OC obviously DOESN'T HAVE A BOOTLEG in the playbook....I doubt if he's even heard the word...or even knows how to evaluate a defense to see their susceptibility to that play...it was open all night against Ole sis and would have given us an opportunity to take advantage of some weaknesses in Ole Miss's defense.

5. We ought to be running the read-option against teams like Ole Sis--leaving one of their DL or DE unblocked to create a double team on the DT and seal off the inside pursuit to allow us a chance to actually run the ball....but Bajakian obviously doesn't have a clue what this means.

6. Worley just made some STUPID decisions that cost us dearly....I really respect his toughness, but he has regressed since the UGA game....I do know that rolling him out to his RIGHT SIDE would be better than having him roll to the left and throw across his body....See aforementioned discussion about bootlegs....

7. Do they even know how to line up in two tight ends--blast the DEs to keep them from getting out of the blocks too fast--and then getting into a delayed 5-6 yd pattern in the middle or out in the short flat? This would've put some pressure on the LBs to cover and ACTUALLY opened up the field for a more effective middle screen to Hurd.... our OC obviously DOESN'T know how to do this either..

8.. Running WR screens that are not out wide enough and that have the WRs run back INTO THE PURSUIT is stupid, too.....expecially when the outside running lanes are open.

Overall---Bajakian is EXTREMELY INCONSISTENT....AND in my opinion is completely OUTMATCHED in the SEC. Other than the 2 UGA games--there is absolutely NOTHING that he has done to give evidence that he is able to get it done in the SEC.

It is what it is--and yes, better players will help our performance on the field...but won't necessarily produce wins!!!!

What's our OVERALL GOAL? Is it to just be competitive in the SEC, or is it to WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS?

Just read that we haven't scored a TD in our last 8 quarters of SEC play....that's just unbelievable and unacceptable......COMPLETELY!

PLEASE EXPLAIN to me how Bajakian is our man....

Just my opinion....it doesn't really matter if I'm right or not in the long run, but I don't think THIS OFFENSE will ever win the EAST, must less the SEC crown.

GO VOLS! :salute:

Last edited:
Nope...never said that (neither did The Count).

But...he should be feeling the heat he should be feelin'.

Right now...he is a loser. I want him to be a winner. in order to be a winner...he needs to make "Progress" during his "Process".

ZERO TDs in his last 2 SEC Games is ZERO "Progress" in the "Process". In other words...he's looking more and more like this was too much for him to bite off and chew. That's not always a bad thing...some folks can still succeed from that standpoint. But, they show some semblance of accomplishments during that "Process".

Butch continues to Coach like a scared cat...shows very little creativity...and continues to push an offense that he does NOT have players suited for...

In other words...he is NOT getting it done. He needs to start getting it done... or he WILL hear from me and Legends of others that it is time to Fire The Butch.

Just sayin'...
couldn't have said it better

Patience? It's been 7 years since we've been relevant and far more than that since we've been dominant. I think the "we have the most impatient fans in the country" argument is a load of sh1t.

Not argueing because I don't know How CBJ will turn out.
But in all fairness, he was nowhere near here for the majority of the timeframe you posted.
Doesn't make me any less frustrated, just trying not to take it all out on him.

Not argueing because I don't know How CBJ will turn out.
But in all fairness, he was nowhere near here for the majority of the timeframe you posted.
Doesn't make me any less frustrated, just trying not to take it all out on him.

Not saying its all CBJ's fault either, but I was more commenting on the fact that showing some frustration at the team in general is more than justified. Its far from a lack of patience in my opinion.

The same people throwing fits right now are the same people who said it would be a miracle to even make a bowl game this year.

Which confuses me, because we have won/lost the games we were supposed to so far. With much better scores then anyone said we should(except maybe ole miss). But somehow the sky is falling?

The same people throwing fits right now are the same people who said it would be a miracle to even make a bowl game this year.

Which confuses me, because we have won/lost the games we were supposed to so far. With much better scores then anyone said we should(except maybe ole miss). But somehow the sky is falling?

The only one that upset me was Florida, and I'm over it.

You need to talk to the people who before the Ole Miss game "had a feeling" we were going to beat them.

I get positivism and all but this place is hilarious how before games like this, it's all about how we're going to upset them, we're due, any given Saturday, etc. Then after the game many of the same people are all asking why anyone expected us to win.
I really don't get this or why are posters so hung up with these type of posts, I posted in that and I believe I'm a realist I knew in my heart and told many people I don't think Tennessee stands a chance against the Rebs, especially after watching A&M get dismantled by them.
But you type of guys come here and bash the guys who believes.. Any giving Saturday and circumstances a team not so good can beat a better team! I guess it's I told ya so crowd or people who like to be always right crowd those types are usually women they always like to be right..
Just please stfu y'all guys are ridiculous..

I'm starting to think a lot of posters are sequestered in a soundproof booth every Saturday, only receiving a telegram with a "W" or "L" after every game.

Why not?

I'm a UT fan. Doesn't mean I have to like losing, shrug my shoulders and say, wait till next year

I hate losing as much as anyone......when kiffin was here, he stated that his second yr was going to be worse than his first.....Kiffin didn't make it to yr two and we hired the idiot Dooley which definitely didn't help us build back up from our talent shortage.....Of Dooleys 2011 and 2012 classes only 23 players remain and hardly call most of those avg let alone above avg players.

I have no idea if Butch is the answer but also realize he is rebuilding from a Dooley driven Death penalty type sentence....it is in our best interests to allow the man to rebuild the talent and grow our program.

If I could choose any football players and any coach I wanted playing for the tennessee vols right now I would pick the ones we have now. Because I support my team and thats what being a fan does. That way in 2016 when we make every one whizz in their pants by us just walking on the field, I can scream rocky top at the top of my lungs knowing I wasnt trying to undercut my coach and team players just years earlier when they were just yearlings. They are exactly where the experts predicted and the experts say we are someone on the rise. I did not hear them say that about doofus and kiffley. Enjoy the ride guys, it just makes the victories that much sweeter. :good!:

Reactions: 5 people
cc022bbb8cdeb99ab7935abaef6eda57e305906be9ddbf74a09144d7cbcf2f9e.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back