Volnation getting some love (or hate) from the AJC today

I don't know....the Clawfense was as horrid as Ted Cain's offense at Vandy--only difference was UT had talent.

TT might have very well failed as OC but I can't imagine him being worse than Clawson--at least Taylor motivated his players....I guess.
TT would have recruited better than Clawson.

Reactions: 2 people
if we lose them then place the blame where it is due on Dooley. Everything is an afterthought with this guy. Maybe he should have at least reached out way before now even if it was to James. He spouts VFL but he doesn't live the credo. Dooley is a day late and dollar short. Dooley is all hat and no cattle. I mean he needs a message board to tell him to reach out to a family that is real Tennessee.

Exactly, for some reason there are a few here that refuse to blame him for anything. Recruits don't have to look here to see negative comments about him, journalist all over the country have reported he is on the hot seat so reading it here isn't news.

Last edited:
Exactly, for some reason there are a few here that refuse to blame Dooley for anything. Recruits don't have to look here to see negative comments about Dooley, journalist all over the country have reported Dooley is on the hot seat so reading it here isn't news. Fans that are fed up with Dooley are called "negavols". IMO the negavols are the ones that don't think The University of Tennessee cant do better than Dooley.

Now when you quote Fiji I wont see it.

Good! Negavols like you cant handle the truth.

No, dumb asses like you can't handle the truth. Which is the reason you chose to post in threads like this, but chose to ignore threads that don't seem to fit your agenda. Where are you in the Camion Patrick thread? Or the threads of any other big time commit that we have gotten?

James Berry is a 100% VFL...all his sons will be Vols! You can take that one to the bank baaaaaby!

We're talking 2014...just chill...Trooper is po'ed he didn't get the OC job down there. He will be bumping chests some place else by '14

I have NEVER....NEVER understood anyone thinking TT is a good coach and qualified to be a D-1 OC...He's been passed over for that position by Vols, Ok. State and now the Barn.....When will he ever learn that it takes more than just chest-bumping and barking like a dog to be a legitimate coach...:salute:

So wait a minute, EB being critical of Dooley on Twitter is VN's fault? The fact that the Berry twins like an unethical dog turd like TT is VN's fault as well? Wow, Freak must feel like a freakin' god with all the power he possesses on this almighty board. I want to see these kids in orange, but suggesting VN factors into their recruitment is ludicrous. They are being wooed by big time schools and Dooley is gonna have to work his ass off to get these kids. In the end, nothing said on VN will be what makes their decision for them. Until a recruit comes out and says "I was going to go to UT but changed my mind when I saw someone post something about me on VN.", then I refuse to believe this board has all the power some of you appear to think it does.

So wait a minute, EB being critical of Dooley on Twitter is VN's fault? The fact that the Berry twins like an unethical dog turd like TT is VN's fault as well? Wow, Freak must feel like a freakin' god with all the power he possesses on this almighty board. I want to see these kids in orange, but suggesting VN factors into their recruitment is ludicrous. They are being wooed by big time schools and Dooley is gonna have to work his ass off to get these kids. In the end, nothing said on VN will be what makes their decision for them. Until a recruit comes out and says "I was going to go to UT but changed my mind when I saw someone post something about me on VN.", then I refuse to believe this board has all the power some of you appear to think it does.
This discussion has happened many times before. What people say does have an effect. Maybe not a huge "this was the #1 deciding factor" effect, but it can be a piece of the puzzle. Coaches all the time print off message board fodder and show them to potential recruits. I've read stories from LWS in which coaches had to field questions from a few very concerned recruits about something opposing coaches printed off and showed them from a message board. And that's only one example out of many.

“He couldn’t really talk to them because they are just sophomores" What can they expect....can we suggest NCAA on Auburn...and CTT?

TT is twice the recruiter Rondney Garner is. He left UT stockpiled with talent that Fulmer squandered.

Signed,
Gerald Jones

The whole Berry twins thing got way over-blown. If Eric had a problem, perhaps calling CDD would have been better than *****ing about it on Twitter. Does anyone honestly think chasing after '14 class recruits is the best use of the coaching staff's time 2 weeks before NSD for '12?? If things don't go well this season, CDD won't be here to worry about the Berry kids in the first place!

Pretty sure James Berry isn't the type of person to force his kids into a choosing a college - so no - its very likely that they could end up somewhere else.. and even more likely if Dooley is still here come signing day.

If Dooley is still the coach in 2014, then I would think things are better with the football program.

if we lose them then place the blame where it is due on Dooley. Everything is an afterthought with this guy. Maybe he should have at least reached out way before now even if it was to James. He spouts VFL but he doesn't live the credo. Dooley is a day late and dollar short. Dooley is all hat and no cattle. I mean he needs a message board to tell him to reach out to a family that is real Tennessee.

Doubt CDD is getting his orders from this message board.

How is it you know so much about how Dooley conducts his business? Assuming you're stating all this as fact, that is.

I'm sure if we r winning by '14 NSD then we won't need to worry about them not being in orange. Also I'm sure if they don't come here it has little to do with CDD not having contact with them at this pt.

I honestly I'll be happy to never see TT in orange again...

Can someone give me the lowdown on the Hosley (s?) recruitment issues? Thanks.

I'm sure if we r winning by '14 NSD then we won't need to worry about them not being in orange. Also I'm sure if they don't come here it has little to do with CDD not having contact with them at this pt.

I honestly I'll be happy to never see TT in orange again...

Can someone give me the lowdown on the Hosley (s?) recruitment issues? Thanks.

Basically we offered late, and EB made some comments onTwitter about UT not offering.

VN Store

Back