*****VolNation as an app on mobile, and push notifications*****

I am so very thankful for each and everyone one of you Vol Fans with IT skills that make all this happen. I enjoy the connection with other fans during sporting events. My wife and I get to LOL at some hilarious comments and lea4n more about the program, players, and coaches. Again…Thank you!

Some of you may have noticed a message at the bottom of your browser asking you if you want to enable push notifications. It's a new feature of the board where you can install the website as a web app and you can get push notifications on your mobile device, ipad or laptop/desktop computer.

My plan for this is to set up Breaking News Alerts that will be pushed to your phone. More on that at a later date.

On your mobile phone (iphone or Android) go to the main VolNation forum page and then click on the share button. On iOS it looks like a box with an arrow pointing up. Click the button and then select add to home screen. On Chrome for Android I had to click the three dots at the top right to go into settings and then click add to home screen. You should see a new icon on your phone. Click on that to open the site. A message will appear asking to enable notifications. Pick yes.

Here’s a picture of the share button on an iphone.

View attachment 574892

Here is what the new home icon should look like on your phone.

View attachment 574893

On desktop, all you should have to do is click the message at the bottom of the screen to enable push notifications.

Next. go into your preferences under your profile and check the boxes next to the items you'd like to be notified of via "push".

View attachment 574894

Let me know if you have any issues or questions or if there's anything I need to clarify in the instructions above. I know one person that did have to update their iphone to the latest software version to get it to work, but I'm not sure whether that's the norm or not.
My add process on Chrome/Samsung/Android was a step or two different but, it worked and thank you very much!

My add process on Chrome/Samsung/Android was a step or two different but, it worked and thank you very much!
What was your process? I get a pop-up about push notifications but if I select it nothing happens, and I'm not seeing anything at the bottom of the main page that looks like a share option except this:
SmartSelect_20230904-075614_Chrome.jpg

What was your process? I get a pop-up about push notifications but if I select it nothing happens, and I'm not seeing anything at the bottom of the main page that looks like a share option except this:
View attachment 575825
I wish I could help you, I didn’t write the steps I took down but, I was trying to follow freak’s guide and I know there were a couple things I did differently. It seemed logical and I think I hit a share button at least once. Hope you get it figured out.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I wish I could help you, I didn’t write the steps I took down but, I was trying to follow freak’s guide and I know there were a couple things I did differently. It seemed logical and I think I hit a share button at least once. Hope you get it figured out.
I got it. I had to select the 3 dots at the top next to the url, and from that select install app. Thanks.

Reactions: Freak
Excited to use this! Will be interesting to see how the notifications work. First, I have to get one…

Edit: Oooooooh, that’s nice.

Last edited:
I’m assuming this is not working for Chrome on iPhone? Does it have to be safari?
It should work the same for chrome on iphone, as far as I know. I know you can add the web app, but I'm not positive the notifications work. I'll do some testing.

Anyone trying this, MAKE SURE you go to the main forum page before you add it.

Link to main forum page: VolNation.com

Hey @Freak when using the app on a long thread like tonight’s game thread we need a jump button on the bottom of the thread to advance pages.

Hey @Freak when using the app on a long thread like tonight’s game thread we need a jump button on the bottom of the thread to advance pages.
There is one. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Can you instruct on how to use it? I had to keep going to the page button to go to next page on my iPhone

Yes, but during the game that was not at the bottom of the thread concerning the game, so I had to keep going back up to the top and clicking on where it said what page I was on, and then advancing to the next page, and there was not one of those at the bottom of the page thread

Yes, but during the game that was not at the bottom of the thread concerning the game, so I had to keep going back up to the top and clicking on where it said what page I was on, and then advancing to the next page, and there was not one of those at the bottom of the page thread
It's there. No reason it would be missing during the game, but I'll check into it. Which device are you using and what skin do you have selected (light or dark)?

Anybody else having this issue?

VN Store

Back