*****VolNation as an app on mobile, and push notifications*****

It's there. No reason it would be missing during the game, but I'll check into it. Which device are you using and what skin do you have selected (light or dark)?
Anybody else having this issue?
I have iPhone 13 and light skin

Hey Freak thanks for the app and all your work for Volnation. I’m not an app guru so it could just be me.

Hey Freak thanks for the app and all your work for Volnation. I’m not an app guru so it could just be me.
Can you take a screenshot next time you see it so I can see exactly what you are seeing?

I’ll check some of our firewall settings. I have a lot of other countries banned from accessing the site because of the massive number of spammers. That’s probably not the issue in your case though since you’re able to access it.
Did you change some settings? It's working now.

In any case. You are doing a awesome job Freak!!!
Keep up the good work.

It happened in the Its gameday thread. I clicked on the clown mask with the gator in his mouth that Backdoc posted.

What’s crazy is now I can see the X and other options so nevermind.

It was white background with no options. I am also on iphone

Thats what I see now too. Like i said it was all white background and no options to x out or download or anything. No clue what happened.

Thanks for checking though.

Reactions: Freak
Some of you may have noticed a message at the bottom of your browser asking you if you want to enable push notifications. It's a new feature of the board where you can install the website as a web app and you can get push notifications on your mobile device, ipad or laptop/desktop computer.

My plan for this is to set up Breaking News Alerts that will be pushed to your phone. More on that at a later date.

On your mobile phone (iphone or Android) go to the main VolNation forum page and then click on the share button. On iOS it looks like a box with an arrow pointing up. Click the button and then select add to home screen. On Chrome for Android I had to click the three dots at the top right to go into settings and then click add to home screen. You should see a new icon on your phone. Click on that to open the site. A message will appear asking to enable notifications. Pick yes.

Here’s a picture of the share button on an iphone.

View attachment 574892

Here is what the new home icon should look like on your phone.

View attachment 574893

On desktop, all you should have to do is click the message at the bottom of the screen to enable push notifications.

Next. go into your preferences under your profile and check the boxes next to the items you'd like to be notified of via "push".

View attachment 574894

Let me know if you have any issues or questions or if there's anything I need to clarify in the instructions above. I know one person that did have to update their iphone to the latest software version to get it to work, but I'm not sure whether that's the norm or not.
hey Freak who won the bowl pick contest I know I was right there

VN Store

Back