Volapalooza - Friday Before O&W Game

We brought 3-6 the year before Tyga. And you know how many people went to the Tyga year? Like 2K, guarantee we break 5K with this year's lineup and that's with a low turnout. But what's the point, I probably can't persuade someone who thinks that Riff-Raff, Tyga, and Waka are better rappers than Lupe.

2 out of the 3 would be a better show than Lupe. Only 1 is actually better than Lupe. And yeah no one went bc they start at 5:45. Just like no one will go this year bc the bands/artist is almost as bad as last year..

No. Not even close. Music is more than beats and the same regurgitated lyrics on every track.

Okay you're argument is covering a lot of artists now. But just because Lupe doesn't fit that mold doesn't mean he's better than someone that does even. He's just flat out not good. But sticking to the argument nothing on Careless World is regurgitated by him because it's his first album.

Okay you're argument is covering a lot of artists now. But just because Lupe doesn't fit that mold doesn't mean he's better than someone that does even. He's just flat out not good. But sticking to the argument nothing on Careless World is regurgitated by him because it's his first album.

It is covering a ton of artists. Again, there is more to it you're missing. Lyrically, Lupe has always been better than most artist. His newest album, lyrically, is much better than Lasers. He is MOST CERTAINLY better than any trash Tyga has put out. His flow is better, but not by much. Every other track on Careless World is about the same subjects. Therefore, regurgitation. At least Lupe has the gall to rap about something other than money, women, drugs, and possessions (not to say he doesn't rap about those things, but he'll actually mix it up). But Young Money forever tho, amirite. If you want to continue, I'll meet you in the music forum.

It is covering a ton of artists. Again, there is more to it you're missing. Lyrically, Lupe has always been better than most artist. His newest album, lyrically, is much better than Lasers. He is MOST CERTAINLY better than any trash Tyga has put out. His flow is better, but not by much. Every other track on Careless World is about the same subjects. Therefore, regurgitation. At least Lupe has the gall to rap about something other than money, women, drugs, and possessions (not to say he doesn't rap about those things, but he'll actually mix it up). But Young Money forever tho, amirite. If you want to continue, I'll meet you in the music forum.

I would loosely use "lyrically" and "most" in your first sentence. And not necessarily true if you listen to it which I doubt you have. As I have not listened to anything but half of Lasers before not being able to take it anymore. And no, just no to YM. They're trash now, but two artists happen to be two of the best ever, and came from them. But lead the way to the music forum if you're serious.

2 out of the 3 would be a better show than Lupe. Only 1 is actually better than Lupe. And yeah no one went bc they start at 5:45. Just like no one will go this year bc the bands/artist is almost as bad as last year..

Lol. You're right, clearly a grammy-award winning artist sucks! And the Tyga year it started at 7 and he went on at like 9:30/10, yet only 2K people showed up, how peculiar!

The only reason it's early this year is because noise ordinances require it to be done at 11 and when you have 7 bands playing you kinda gotta start early. The three that are listed don't even start to go on until 6:30/7. But you are correct, I'm sure come April 24th WFP will be empty and there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth because we couldn't get a hack rapper that sounds good after you've had your nightly wine enema.

And to be clear, I thought Tyga had a great live performance and was a good artist. But if you think that that was a "High point" of Vola then you are clearly mistaken. Countless other years had better turnouts and the only one with less than Tyga's was last year's.

Last edited:
I'm trolling because I don't like Lupe? Consider the majority of people trolls I guess.

You think garbage like Tyga is listenable. And better yet, you say he's better than one of the best lyricists/rappers of the past several years.

May as well be a Creed fan. Let's get them at "Vola", so tight.

I find it hilarious...

Trying to make a case for valid/successful music careers of performers giving (virtually) FREE concerts in Knoxville, Tennessee...

Real "Gangsta"..."YO!"

El Oh El!

I don't want to hear any complaints. My freshman year of 2006-2007, Cake played Volapalooza. Cake. I'd gladly take Lupe over that crap, and I don't even like rap.

I find it hilarious...

Trying to make a case for valid/successful music careers of performers giving (virtually) FREE concerts in Knoxville, Tennessee...

Real "Gangsta"..."YO!"

El Oh El!

Are the rappers giving "(virtually) FREE concerts" or is the University?

People automatically think that because some rappers or other artists are more lyrically diverse that it makes them better than the rest. I've listened to Lupe, he's good and has some very strong lyrics especially compared to Tyga, Waka, and Riff Raff but I would choose those three over him. It's all preference. For example, Led Zeppelin was good and they were super talented but I've never cared for them even though I've grown up with classic rock.

People automatically think that because some rappers or other artists are more lyrically diverse that it makes them better than the rest. I've listened to Lupe, he's good and has some very strong lyrics especially compared to Tyga, Waka, and Riff Raff but I would choose those three over him. It's all preference. For example, Led Zeppelin was good and they were super talented but I've never cared for them even though I've grown up with classic rock.

I agree, there's a lot of rappers better lyrically than Lupe but Tyga is not and never will be one of them.

2 years ago they get Tyga in his prime... been downhill ever since. Plus they start at 5:45 :confused:

Only read the first 20 posts of this thread so I don't know if this has been addressed, but a 30 years past his prime Lupe would be >>> prime Tyga. Then again arguing about musical talent with someone who has Riff Raff as his avi is probably an exercise in futility.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back