Volapalooza - Friday Before O&W Game

Never heard of any of those bands. When I was at UT we used to bring in the good show bands like Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts, the Tams, Charlie Daniels,Otis Day and the Knights, The Impressions...you know good groups.

And some dude was saying what's up with this crap. I remember when they had the Glenn Miller Orchestra. That was a good group.

2 years ago they get Tyga in his prime... been downhill ever since. Plus they start at 5:45 :confused:

What!? They had Tyga?? Odd story, I actually saw his concert in Germany. I was a big Tyga fan and I seriously thought he would suck live but he was pretty good.

Why all the fuss about rappers? I say bring on the good music... The Eagles, at least groups you can understand what they're saying and not have thumping thumping in your head... and no my hearing aid is fine thank you, LOL ...

How about Kenny Chesney? :pepper:

I was in school when they had Asher Roth (sucked), Flogging Molly (great), and Passion Pit (also great). They haven't had a lineup as good as that one since.

Although Lupe is good live, I saw him at Va Tech.

Sorry about the Blue hairs, David. They just honestly don't listen to music anymore. Btw you wrinkle magnets, Cold War Kids has played every major festival in the US and just released a new album. I'm sorry that the Volapalooza committee didn't want to spend a lot of money on a washed up rock band that no student wants to see. Lupe Fiasco is top 5 lyricists of the past ten years and I know for a fact that more people will be at this Vola than the others. Unless you blue hairs wanted to see Tyga again. This was a landmark year for Volapalooza and it's being set on the right path finally.

And you guys are complaining about being behind the times? Wale played here 4 years ago lol

For Vola or what?! Juicy J and Waka have been here in the past 3 but not for Vola. Also a technicality on Waka but whatever. Juicy J was well worth the 50 dollar ticket.

Edit: If we got Wale at Vola 4 years ago thats tight.

Last edited:
For Vola or what?! Juicy J and Waka have been here in the past 3 but not for Vola. Also a technicality on Waka but whatever. Juicy J was well worth the 50 dollar ticket.

Every single one of your posts reads like one of the frat bros that got busted for buttchugging a few years ago.

Reactions: 3 people
In all fairness he hasn't been relevant for 4-5 years.

If you didn't think Old School Love was a great song, I really don't know what rap or hip hop you like. Ed Sheeran destroys that hook.

People dis Lupe for the same reason Talib Kweli or Mos Def get great album ratings consistently and are some of the better writers but don't have enormous top 10 songs. The Difference is Lupe gets a top 20 song on just about every album he's done since Kick, Push.

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry about the Blue hairs, David. They just honestly don't listen to music anymore. War Kids has played every major festival in the US and just released a new album. I'm sorry that the Volapalooza committee didn't want to spend a lot of money on a washed up rock band that no student wants to see. Lupe Fiasco is top 5 lyricists of the past ten years and I know for a fact that more people will be at this Vola than the others. Unless you blue hairs wanted to see Tyga again. This was a landmark year for Volapalooza and it's being set on the right path finally.

Excuse me, Sir... this blue hair listens to all different sorts of music... I do not enjoy certain hip hop or rap songs..:bad:

We brought 3-6 the year before Tyga. And you know how many people went to the Tyga year? Like 2K, guarantee we break 5K with this year's lineup and that's with a low turnout. But what's the point, I probably can't persuade someone who thinks that Riff-Raff, Tyga, and Waka are better rappers than Lupe.

Reactions: 3 people
Why all the fuss about rappers? I say bring on the good music... The Eagles, at least groups you can understand what they're saying and not have thumping thumping in your head... and no my hearing aid is fine thank you, LOL ...

How about Kenny Chesney? :pepper:

Ha if we could afford that we would consider it, both of those acts are over the 100K mark each and we have a budget of 60K total.

Excuse me, Sir... this blue hair listens to all different sorts of music... I do not enjoy certain hip hop or rap songs..:bad:

It's for the students. The market isn't 40-59 year old men. Listen to Cold War Kids if rap is too "offensive" for you

It's for the students. The market isn't 40-59 year old men. Listen to Cold War Kids if rap is too "offensive" for you

Golly Gee! Thanks.. I'll dye my blue hair and do exactly that.. Where is my walker? Granny will have game. Peace Out Bro!

VN Store

Back