Vol uniform/helmet design discussion (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here ya go, I also put a white helmet on with orange facemask just to show it.

FootballVolUniformOrangeOut2_zps8dba3c72.jpg

That is atrocious

Reactions: 4 people
Can you fix that carbon fiber helmet CleVOLander?? Would love to see what you can do with it. Get rid of the claw marks and contour the "T" to the helmet. I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat to go with my regular one.

I could, but it is the thought and design of someone else and I'd not want to step on their toes or anything along those lines. If they don't mind me taking what they'd done so far and doing as you've asked, I'd gladly work on it.

By all means, have at it CleVOLander! I wanted to snazz it up a little more (and especially cover the cat scratches), but don't have a lot of time here at the office right now. Not stepping on my toes at all. :D

By all means, have at it CleVOLander! I wanted to snazz it up a little more (and especially cover the cat scratches), but don't have a lot of time here at the office right now. Not stepping on my toes at all. :D

Ah, okay, thank ya....not that I really have the time here at work either, but I'd rather play with Vols stuff all day than do work. : )> I'll go grab what you've done thus far and tinker with the image some more.

we need these again

Rexvol, I put that throwback uni together on here a few weeks back, not sure how deep into the mess you'd have to go looking for it, but all my stuff links back to my Photobucket, so you should be able to use the root URL to see all the uniforms and helmets in one spot.

Reactions: 1 person
Rexvol, I put that throwback uni together on here a few weeks back, not sure how deep into the mess you'd have to go looking for it, but all my stuff links back to my Photobucket, so you should be able to use the root URL to see all the uniforms and helmets in one spot.

word, if I remember correctly the NCAA wont let us wear them any more

I think it was too much orange (primary color) for a road jersey. I think you're only allowed a certain percentage. DeerPark would know for certain.

This is a prime example of an NCAA rule that should be repealed posthaste. With the possible exception of universities with very similar color schemes, such as Tennessee and Texas, there is no valid reason to compel the road team to wear white jerseys. That archaic rule made perfect sense in the days of black and white television, but it is woefully antiquated now. The Third Saturday of October should again feature Tennessee in its orange jerseys vs. Alabama in their crimson jerseys.

I think we could wear those jerseys in any of our games next year (with the possible exception of Mizzou, if they wore their gold jerseys) and have no conflict of color with our opponents jerseys

This is a prime example of an NCAA rule that should be repealed posthaste. With the possible exception of universities with very similar color schemes, such as Tennessee and Texas, there is no valid reason to compel the road team to wear white jerseys. That archaic rule made perfect sense in the days of black and white television, but it is woefully antiquated now. The Third Saturday of October should again feature Tennessee in its orange jerseys vs. Alabama in their crimson jerseys.

If both teams agree, it is now allowed for both to wear color jerseys. NCAA changed the rule three years ago. If both teams don't agree, the penalty is a loss of a timeout in each half.

The 70's throwback jerseys aren't allowed because the orange extends down to the chest. A modified version with a smaller orange area would be fine.

If both teams agree, it is now allowed for both to wear color jerseys. NCAA changed the rule three years ago. If both teams don't agree, the penalty is a loss of a timeout in each half.

The 70's throwback jerseys aren't allowed because the orange extends down to the chest. A modified version with a smaller orange area would be fine.[/QUOT

At the rate we are losing games and the clock management issues we can't afford to lose time outs.

Reactions: 1 person
Instead of black outlines. Why not outline in checkerboard with helmets to match

Because that would make it even harder to discern the number. That’s the only reason I want the outline. I want to be able to tell what number the guy is wearing.

I think Butch could attract more fans to the O&W game if we wore alternate unis. We could even have catalogues with the coolest alternates and have the TRUE VFLs vote on what we wear vs AP or HC. Go Vols! I love these alternates some of u have designed! Why on Earth we dont utilize them AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR is beyond Webbvol.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

word, if I remember correctly the NCAA wont let us wear them any more

Ahhh, I wasn't aware. I see later in the thread where it has to do with the orange along the neckline being too much orange if I'm reading it correctly. Guess they could always alter it to have less orange along there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back