Vol uniform/helmet design discussion (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havnt seen what it looked like yet. (2004 / UNLV game) Anybody have a link?

I wish the NCAA would let us do something like this for our road jerseys.

884043028357.jpg

I dont like the "all orange" uniform that much. Maybe that half and half jersey top could help those orange pants.

IMO there's not much of anything that could make orange pants look like a good idea.

Can you imagain how busy the funural homes would be with all the blue hairs falling over if they did something like that.Oh heavens no let's not try anything different:eek:hmy:

Black is now a part of our color scheme, get used to it.

We use it as trim on away jerseys, the new seats at TBA are black and the Bball Vols have a black jersey in the arsenal that WILL be worn at some point this season.

If it's acceptable for the Lady Vols to add the baby blue, then it shouldn't be a big deal that we add black. Well, rephrase that, it ISN'T a big deal, b/c it's already happened.

Dude the only reason the black is there is so the numbers will be better defined, period. That is all.

id like to see us break out those jerseys that started off the 04 season against UNLV more often

I think there was some NCAA rule about those uniforms being out of compliance or some nonsense. That is why we only wore them once.

NCAA won't let us wear those 04' jerseys anymore. They have too much Orange to be an away jersey and not enought for a home jersey. I'm pretty sure we tried to wear them again that year and the NCAA turned it down. They said it was a one time thing for us. Wish we could somehow get them out again, I loved those.

NCAA won't let us wear those 04' jerseys anymore. They have too much Orange to be an away jersey and not enought for a home jersey. I'm pretty sure we tried to wear them again that year and the NCAA turned it down. They said it was a one time thing for us. Wish we could somehow get them out again, I loved those.

We should tell the NCAA to shove it up their *ss.

I think that we can wear those, but a decision would have to be made that those are our every game road jerseys. I thought the deal with the NCAA was the same as it was in the NFL with the Titans. It was an alternate jersey that could be worn once a year. I like it and say they should bring it back. I have always wondered what the home jersey would look like with the numbers outlined in black. Would just like to see what it looks like. Please do not bring back the orange pants, and please keep the helmet white. BTW, I thought I did read somewhere that in the early 1900's Tennessee wore black jerseys. Can anyone confirm? I say if we change anything for sure, it would be go back to the one, wide stripe on the pants and not the 2 thin ones that are on there now.

It looked like South Carolina was beating auburn to me. It would have been hilarious if they'd loss.:focus:

I think that we can wear those, but a decision would have to be made that those are our every game road jerseys. I thought the deal with the NCAA was the same as it was in the NFL with the Titans. It was an alternate jersey that could be worn once a year. I like it and say they should bring it back. I have always wondered what the home jersey would look like with the numbers outlined in black. Would just like to see what it looks like. Please do not bring back the orange pants, and please keep the helmet white. BTW, I thought I did read somewhere that in the early 1900's Tennessee wore black jerseys. Can anyone confirm? I say if we change anything for sure, it would be go back to the one, wide stripe on the pants and not the 2 thin ones that are on there now.

I'm pretty positive we have never worn black uni's in football. I believe it was 99; when we played Memphis at home we wore all orange and almost lost. Fulmer said something about having black uni's in storage but that since we played so horrible in all orange that he doubted we'd break out the black uni's any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back