Video and notes from 10-6 practice!

They asked us not to post anything related specifically to what happened in practice anywhere. So I'll just say a few non specific things:
Thanks for your post and info, I appreciate it. Do you know why they wouldn't let you talk about practice?

They asked us not to post anything related specifically to what happened in practice anywhere. So I'll just say a few non specific things:

1) Tyndall brings intensity. All of the assistants bring intensity. He is hard nosed. Praises good play but really really lets you hear it on your bad plays.

2) We will never play man. Press falling back into the match-up zone.

3) On that note, our zone is really complicated. The rotations are difficult to pick-up because everything is situation specific. The guys seem to be doing an okay job of learning it. It seems likely to me that many guys will not play because they cannot execute the defense correctly.

4) Huge emphasis on rebounding and boxing out. We aren't really doing it at the moment.

I won't say much else but if you see me being adamant about certain things in other threads you'll know it's based on something that I saw.

Boxing out is tough out of zone. Glad we're working so hard on it.

Because players read message boards. No joke.

I figured it was bc a lot of coaches are worried about people talking about their practices like it is some kind of top secret James Bond type of stuff. Why do they care that the players that were at the practice might read it?

I figured it was bc a lot of coaches are worried about people talking about their practices like it is some kind of top secret James Bond type of stuff. Why do they care that the players that were at the practice might read it?

If you get on here and say so and so looked like $hit, this guy won't ever see the court, this guys not SEC, and the player knows it's from someone who was in attendance at practice it might not go over well.

There's also gonna be things that go on in just about every practice that coaches would prefer not be put all over the internet, because your casual fan would blow it out of proportion and think it's something out of the norm.

If you get on here and say so and so looked like $hit, this guy won't ever see the court, this guys not SEC, and the player knows it's from someone who was in attendance at practice it might not go over well.

There's also gonna be things that go on in just about every practice that coaches would prefer not be put all over the internet, because your casual fan would blow it out of proportion and think it's something out of the norm.

That's what I was guessing on both accounts bc they might know who posted it but was curious what they told CAVOL.

I don't really understand them being concerned about fans blowing things out of proportion bc that will happen regardless. I mean, hell, we have already praised and bashed him to a point and he hasn't even coached his first game.

That's what I was guessing on both accounts bc they might know who posted it but was curious what they told CAVOL.

I don't really understand them being concerned about fans blowing things out of proportion bc that will happen regardless. I mean, hell, we have already praised and bashed him to a point and he hasn't even coached his first game.

Without saying too much I can tell you there's things that weren't shared that if shared would've been blown out of proportion, much more than what you're suggesting.

Obviously the coaches?

They don't need everything that goes on in practice being shared, seems pretty simple to me.

I agree with that and most coaches feel that way but if he is concerned message board fans may overreact then he may not have the stomach for the job. The last one allowed fans to get to him and we need one more secure and mentally tough.

I agree with that and most coaches feel that way but if he is concerned message board fans may overreact then he may not have the stomach for the job. The last one allowed fans to get to him and we need one more secure and mentally tough.

It's not about whether he cares or not, it's about avoiding unnecessary b!tching or scrutiny if possible, it's very simple.

Reactions: 1 person
It's not about whether he cares or not, it's about avoiding unnecessary b!tching if possible.

Why would u care.....take care of business and the rest takes care of itself....I teach my 6th grade daughter that. That's honestly really weak being put that way.

Why would u care.....take care of business and the rest takes care of itself....I teach my 6th grade daughter that. That's honestly really weak being put that way.

So in your opinion every practice by every sports team should be open to fans and media? That's the dumbest thing I have EVER heard, if that's truly what you're implying.

There's some things coaches would just prefer didn't get out, I don't understand what part of that is so unclear. I'm not trying to sound like an a&&, but I really just don't get where you're coming from on this, this isn't 6th grade girls basketball.

Last edited:
So in your opinion every practice by every sports team should be open to fans and media? That's the dumbest thing I have EVER heard, if that's truly what you're implying.

There's some things coaches would just prefer didn't get out, I don't understand what part of that is so unclear.

I never said any of that....I simply stated being worried about fan criticism is weak sauce. I want a coach that doesn't give a sh&t what we think. It doesn't mean he has to have all open practices. He will be criticized plenty and people will be wanting him fired if we win 15 games which everyone knows is a possibility. He has to have the balls to handle it. The last coach did not.

I never said any of that....I simply stated being worried about fan criticism is weak sauce. I want a coach that doesn't give a sh&t what we think. It doesn't mean he has to have all open practices. He will be criticized plenty and people will be wanting him fired if we win 15 games which everyone knows is a possibility. He has to have the balls to handle it. The last coach did not.

There's a difference between bringing some of that on yourself, and being able to avoid it. Obviously everyone can see everything with games, but coaches can control what is seen on other aspects. Do you think coaches should mic themselves 247 and have cameras following them like an episode of Hard Knox?

There were likely things that were said and seen that Tyndall would prefer not every person knew about, so he asked for those in attendance to please not share, it's pretty simple.

You mean like "so much for CDT letting them play loose" type comments from people that didn't even see a practice?
How ironic that you are talking about casual fans blowing things out of proportion.

Reactions: 2 people
You mean like "so much for CDT letting them play loose" type comments from people that didn't even see a practice?
How ironic that you are talking about casual fans blowing things out of proportion.

It amazes me how that post continues to fly over so many heads, including yours, blue font really is a must huh?

Reactions: 1 person
It amazes me how that post continues to fly over so many heads, including yours, blue font really is a must huh?

You weren't being sarcastic. That's your go to line when you make comments like that. And who argues over "sarcastic" comments for pages after if they are sarcasm. People see through it, so stop.

Reactions: 4 people
You weren't being sarcastic. That's your go to line when you make comments like that. And who argues over "sarcastic" comments for pages after if they are sarcasm. People see through it, so stop.

"I was drunk posting" is his check-down when "blue font/sarcasm" won't work. I agree though, it's become his go-to move.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back