VFL Ovince Saint Preux Fights August 8 in Nashville

I agree with Darkgables other post about Jackson's, though I hate that guy, he could make OSP the fighter he should be. Yeah he looked really really bad, especially for a top 6 guy. Game plan was punch and kick him hard, you the man. Seriously though he needs direction.

And he needs it soon.

Reactions: 1 person
Until he gets his cardio up, he's going to be stuck in the second tier of fighters. I know he doesn't want to, but switching camps might be for the best too.

Beat me to it. I completely agree. I know he loves Knoxville (and I love him for it), but at 32, like another poster said, it's probably now or never. Looks like he's peaked with his current camp, but I think a number of the big gyms could help him get to the next level.

Beat me to it. I completely agree. I know he loves Knoxville (and I love him for it), but at 32, like another poster said, it's probably now or never. Looks like he's peaked with his current camp, but I think a number of the big gyms could help him get to the next level.

Hopefully he makes the switch after this fight.

As posted in the UFC thread, Daniel Cormier just invited him to his camp. He'd be a fool to pass on that.

Reactions: 1 person
As posted in the UFC thread, Daniel Cormier just invited him to his camp. He'd be a fool to pass on that.

I agree with this. You can't turn down expert help. He's got to come up with a better way to both avoid and escape from takedowns. The ol' let them take you down and explode upwards method only works a couple times and then you're wore out. OSP certainly went to the well too many times with the liver kick, but to be honest, I believe Glover would have taken him down repeatedly anyways. I was hoping the Cummings fight had signaled a new improved OSP, but it's clear there's a lot of work to be done. On a positive note, Glover really didn't want none of OSP in a standup battle.

VN Store

Back