VFL Ovince Saint Preux Fights August 8 in Nashville

Few thoughts...

His kicks were too slow and led to takedowns.

His ground game needs to improve alot and he needs to learn to defend a take down attempt.

Needs to use his reach advantage more and not go for take downs.

Would have won fight if fight had not went to the ground.

Well, that sucked. First time I've watched an OSP fight where he looked out-classed.

Few thoughts...

His ground game needs to improve alot and he needs to learn to defend a take down attempt.

Bad game plan if he wanted to fight on the ground.

Reactions: 1 person
Outclassed in skill and conditioning. By a mile. OSP was so tired that he continually went for sloppy takedowns. Honestly, he's lucky he didn't get knocked out with those sorry attempts.

Until he gets his cardio up, he's going to be stuck in the second tier of fighters. I know he doesn't want to, but switching camps might be for the best too.

Reactions: 2 people
Until he gets his cardio up, he's going to be stuck in the second tier of fighters. I know he doesn't want to, but switching camps might be for the best too.

I was thinking the same thing. He may have reached his peak at that gym. Who knows. Cardio was very bad.

Bad game plan if he wanted to fight on the ground.

Honestly haven't seen a fighter get taken down that easily in years. He was like a dead finish when lifted.

I dont know if he was thinking hed sneak in a quick guillotine once on the mat or what but it wasn't good.

Sucks. ..wanted the guy to win.

Agree with other poster though also...needs cardio improvement and wrestling to get out of second tier.

Seems to me that osp needs a lot more training. I don't watch ufc as I mentioned, but the other fighter just seemed to be better all around while osp was going for the big knock out, which in boxing is clear indication of a "rookie" move

Few thoughts...

Only way he was going to win that fight was after the body kick. He couldn't do it. After that he kept throwing that kick and Glover was waiting on it.

His conditioning was bad. He was spent halfway through the 1st round, which led to really bad takedown attempts, not being able to stop a takedown and then his strikes started to really slow down.

Hate to say it, but OSP needs a new camp. He isn't making the progress a guy with his natural abilities should. His conditioning is always suspect, his gameplans are often poor, and the way he let Glover get to mount a few times tonight was pretty much unacceptable. On a couple of those takedowns and scrambles he let Glover get to mount way too easily, and should have been able to prevent them easily. There's a reason you haven't heard of any other fighters from that gym. If he wants to get past gatekeeper status, he needs to get with a world-class gym.

Seems to me that osp needs a lot more training. I don't watch ufc as I mentioned, but the other fighter just seemed to be better all around while osp was going for the big knock out, which in boxing is clear indication of a "rookie" move

Glover probably came out of the womb practicing Jui-Jitsu. OSP is relatively new when you compare them.

Hate to say it, but OSP needs a new camp. He isn't making the progress a guy with his natural abilities should. His conditioning is always suspect, his gameplans are often poor, and the way he let Glover get to mount a few times tonight was pretty much unacceptable. On a couple of those takedowns and scrambles he let Glover get to mount way too easily, and should have been able to prevent them easily. There's a reason you haven't heard of any other fighters from that gym. If he wants to get past gatekeeper status, he needs to get with a world-class gym.

Yeah, it's now or never for him.

Reactions: 1 person
You can see his talent and athleticism is there. I was shocked he was gassed after the first round. Greg Jackson could do wonders.

He's 32, he may only have another couple years in him. Put him with an elite camp and they will have him pounding a guy like Glover. There's a lot to work with physically but I'll be honest, that was the worst I've seen a UFC fighter look in a long time. Was there a game plan?

I was thinking the same thing. He may have reached his peak at that gym. Who knows. Cardio was very bad.

He has the physical tools, and they have served him well, but he needs a top team to help him reach his full potential. His cardio has not improved at all, so it makes me wonder how much they really push him.

He's 32, he may only have another couple years in him. Put him with an elite camp and they will have him pounding a guy like Glover. There's a lot to work with physically but I'll be honest, that was the worst I've seen a UFC fighter look in a long time. Was there a game plan?

Dooley draws up the game plan.

I agree with Darkgables other post about Jackson's, though I hate that guy, he could make OSP the fighter he should be. Yeah he looked really really bad, especially for a top 6 guy. Game plan was punch and kick him hard, you the man. Seriously though he needs direction.

Honestly haven't seen a fighter get taken down that easily in years. He was like a dead finish when lifted.

I dont know if he was thinking hed sneak in a quick guillotine once on the mat or what but it wasn't good.

Sucks. ..wanted the guy to win.

Agree with other poster though also...needs cardio improvement and wrestling to get out of second tier.

Agreed

VN Store

Back