Vanderbilt ....

She is a great recruiter and It will be a problem, but she has not had to sell Vanderbilt women BB at her previous job. ND pretty much sells itself and you just have to try to keep everyone happy. See Kaintuckee for reference.

Reactions: 1 person
Going from assistant to HC is totally different and Vanderbilt is a good school but its no notre dame.

Going from assistant to HC is totally different and Vanderbilt is a good school but its no notre dame.

Neither was UConn before Geno, or Notre Dame women's before Muffet, Baylor before Kim Mulkey, Louisville before Waltz. You have to start somewhere, I would put my money on her based on what she has been able to do on the recruiting trail.

Neither was UConn before Geno, or Notre Dame women's before Muffet, Baylor before Kim Mulkey, Louisville before Waltz. You have to start somewhere, I would put my money on her based on what she has been able to do on the recruiting trail.

I would too...I mean Vandy wasn't a terrible team under Balcomb....now they get Ivey with offense and recruiting which is scary

ONLY time will tell and are you sure she is the next head coach as they have not told anyone who it will be ..

If this is true it may be a problem for us on the recruiting trail locally, Ivey has done a great job recruiting (responsible for Peters, McBride, Loyd, Diggins all WNBA players) as well as Lindsay Allen, Brianna Turner, and the 2 young ladies they have coming in this year. We have to lock up the local talent asap!

All we have to do is beat Vandy when we play them and the recruits will know where they want to be...

Uncertainty makes people wonder... Performance gives them confidence...Whip Vandy (And everyone else) and it is a moot point.

Reactions: 4 people
According to raoul on Twitter. Niele Ivey will be staying at Notre Dame

Latest I've heard on the Vanderbilt WBB job is that Niele Ivey will be staying at Notre Dame.

Last edited:
According to raoul on Twitter. Niele Ivey will be staying at Notre Dame

Latest I've heard on the Vanderbilt WBB job is that Niele Ivey will be staying at Notre Dame.

Good! We do not need her walking the sidelines of Vandy and possibly resurrecting a program plus battling her for instate recruits. She's an excellent recruiter and I think she can coach also. Notre Dame always have excellent guard play especially since she's been on staff. Bringing that Princeton offense to the SEC and the possibility of snagging elite recruits could of been a nightmare for the rest of the SEC. The way she interacted with Skylar Diggins during her career makes her seems like a player's coach. Now when Holly retires, I would love to see her walk the sidelines of TBA.

I guess if Ivey is staying at Notre Dame that keeps them in the hunt for number one player Meghan Walker.

I think Stephanie White will be the coach and will be announce during the break of the WNBA season and the Olympics. She would be able to see if her Fever are good enough to win or will they be a lottery team and will then be able to pass it to Gail Gestenkors as she heads to Vandy

I knew this would be the outcome when they announced her as a candidate. I am interested to see who she adds to her staff and her camps and things she's held in the Indiana area will help her on the recruiting trail

Solid hire. Will make the SEC more competitive.

Nice hire isn't she going to be cutting it close though. Especially if the Fever make the playoff this year, starting late September possibly going to late October. Then she has to get her staff together and implement a new offensive and defensive schemes. And getting a late start on recruiting the 2017 class.

Peck is going to go hard on the recruiting trail. Vandy will be going hard after Harrison and Hayes. Hopefully, Reaves can reel in both. In state recruiting will be interesting.

Still can't find anything solid about any new hires except the swish article.

VN Store

Back