UT Signs Ten Four Star Recruits

Sorry, but their is no other way to describe this class other than it is a bust.

Reactions: 1 person
What the hell are you talking about. THERE are NOT, let me repeat NOT 10 4 star recruits in this class. What planet are you speaking from today?

I don't think the class is a bust. We won't know that for 2-3 years. I do think signing day was a bust. We missed on just about everyone we targeted, particularly on the defensive side where our need was greatest.

I actually think this is a solid, if thin, class.

Won't make any difference if the results look like today. Let's face facts Dobbs is a 3 star and that is Butch's surprise????

Lets face facts, you are a dumbass. Dobbs is a 4 star highly ranked player by all sites but rivals, and rivals admitted his ranking was more due to lack of evaluation because they thought he was going to play pro baseball
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
You can count stars if you want to, but I have been watching HS football for 50 years and If Cameron Sutton is a 3 star then somebody is not paying attention. I will take a whole team full of 3 stars like Sutton anytime.:loco:

You can count stars if you want to, but I have been watching HS football for 50 years and If Cameron Sutton is a 3 star then somebody is not paying attention. I will take a whole team full of 3 stars like Sutton anytime.:loco:

He's probably a 3star because he's very raw. He's not ready to play yet.

Where are all the sunshine and rainbow people today?

Its only a matter of time (a short time) before we will be told of how great this signing class is notwithstanding the ranking and relative ho-hum signing day.

We should just quit. Lets all give up. What's the use. I mean the ONLY way to be successful and rebuild is to expect things to fall in our lap and have the best recruiting classes. Who needs coaching??? Coaching is way overrated. A good coach can't turn around a down program. A good coach can't win with fundamentals and technique. A good coach can't motivate players to out perform other players. A good coach can't scheme and adjust to the opponents game plan. We are doomed forever and the only teams that will ever be successful in college football are the ones who are at the top right now.
I mean look at Urban Meyer at Utah. He clearly had the best talent in the country the day he took over. His successful seasons at a school half the world didnt even know had a football team were strictly due to superior talent from day one. Even Charlie Strong...why did he even bother playing against Florida in a bowl game!? He should have quit because they were severely out matched at every position and coaching can't make up for that.
I feel bad if a lot of you have kids. Think of the lessons you are teaching them with these ignorant attitudes that we don't belong because our coach, who has been here barely a month, couldn't pull a recruiting class like teams that have all been in the national title hunt the last few years and because of that reason alone we CAN'T win.

Where are all the sunshine and rainbow people today?

Its only a matter of time (a short time) before we will be told of how great this signing class is notwithstanding the ranking and relative ho-hum signing day.

Hey look, it is another one of the dumbasses that thought gruden was coming.

Hey look, it is another one of the dumbasses that thought gruden was coming.

Real classy vol.....real classy....

So you resort to name calling and you got throw Gruden in there too. At least I know that you aren't intelligent enough to post anything but a personal attack against me.

What the hell are you talking about. THERE are NOT, let me repeat NOT 10 4 star recruits in this class. What planet are you speaking from today?

The original thread post is edited to include source references for those who dispute facts when they do not know what they are talking about.

This Site:

QB - Josh Dobbs
QB - Riley Ferguson
WR - Paul Harris (EE)
WR - Ryan Jenkins
WR - Marquez North
OL - Austin Sanders
DE - Jason Carr
DE - Jaylen Miller
LB - Corey Vereen (EE)
S - Jalen Reeves-Maybin (EE)

Check the Signing Day thread. You can't average more than 3.00 stars without a four star from somewhere, or just cross reference ESPN, Scout, Rivals, and 247 to get the same result.

Probably closer to 6 total 4*. The 5 on Rivals and Dobbs makes 6. Really the only thing that matters is we are ranked 10th in SEC. Or 3 biggest rivals have at least 15 4* or better recruits. We didn't make up ground...we only fell further behind.

Probably closer to 6 total 4*. The 5 on Rivals and Dobbs makes 6. Really the only thing that matters is we are ranked 10th in SEC. Or 3 biggest rivals have at least 15 4* or better recruits. We didn't make up ground...we only fell further behind.

It's ten. Why take that away?

4*s by site:
247 (1) Ryan Jenkins, (2) MarQuez North, (3) Jalen Reeves Maybin
ESPN (not yet listed) (4) Jaylen Miller, (5) Austin Sanders, (6) Riley Ferguson,
(7) Corey Vereen
Rivals (not yet listed) (8) Paul Harris
Scout (all already listed)

Depending on the four listed sites, 60% are official 4*s. Call it what you will but since Jabo didn’t get playing time because of injury his Sr. year and was evaluated a 3* based on his Jr. record, and with his speed an what he shows on the tapes, I consider him an under the radar 4*. Woody Quinn is a beast of an athlete and didn’t play much football, but did great last year showing his ability. He’s not ranked except a minimum 2* by rivals because of lack of playing time, ... but watch his tapes!

So, no, unless other recruiting services are ranking players not on the above lists of 4*s we officially got eight. I’ll add an unofficial 2 under the radar players to that and we have ten (unofficially of course). As far as I'm concerned, as of today, half the current recruiting class has 4* skills. Who knows what will fall out in the coming days and weeks? Academics, an all the rest on and off the field.

In my book their all 0 stars until they get on the field and prove they belong there....

4*s by site:
247 (1) Ryan Jenkins, (2) MarQuez North, (3) Jalen Reeves Maybin
ESPN (not yet listed) (4) Jaylen Miller, (5) Austin Sanders, (6) Riley Ferguson,
(7) Corey Vereen
Rivals (not yet listed) (8) Paul Harris
Scout (all already listed)

Depending on the four listed sites, 60% are official 4*s. Call it what you will but since Jabo didn’t get playing time because of injury his Sr. year and was evaluated a 3* based on his Jr. record, and with his speed an what he shows on the tapes, I consider him an under the radar 4*. Woody Quinn is a beast of an athlete and didn’t play much football, but did great last year showing his ability. He’s not ranked except a minimum 2* by rivals because of lack of playing time, ... but watch his tapes!

So, no, unless other recruiting services are ranking players not on the above lists of 4*s we officially got eight. I’ll add an unofficial 2 under the radar players to that and we have ten (unofficially of course). As far as I'm concerned, as of today, half the current recruiting class has 4* skills. Who knows what will fall out in the coming days and weeks? Academics, an all the rest on and off the field.

Oh God please make them stop! You left out Dobbs and Carr.

The only thing that will stop all this whining and complaining is for this staff to coach the talent they have and inspire them to play better than what they have have been before (which is what good coaching is all about) and win. Fulmer failed in 'coaching up his players' and he had good classes. Kiffin and his staff actually coached up his players and we must be honest if he would have stayed he would have won more games. Dools and staff failed. Those guys could not make anyone better. The only improvement we saw was in the third year with the running backs and the O line. Bray did not improve. He was raw talent. The kid never did learn to read a defense. Can this current staff coach? WE HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE. And until all of the 'experts' on this board become the next coach and staff, I guess we will just have to read the crying and complaining. (I know, I know. I don't have to read it. But how else can I get such great entertainment?)

Everyone was happy with Lane Kiffin's class. Two years later, it was a bust of major proportions. Time will tell gentlemen, time will tell.

Now lets allow coaching to move players from 3* (based on some analyst) to 4* (and beyond) by utilizing the weight room, cafeteria, being placed in the right position on the team, schemed well and motivated.

Except for being short in quantity, this class is fairly similar in quality to our past three classes, each with about half the class at four stars or better in at least one of the rankings. The 2013 (to date) has ten such players.

Unfortunately, UT has not done particularly well with blue chip players, signing one or two at best in each of the last four classes including this year's. For discussion purposes, I am counting five star or consensus four star (in every ranking) players only as "blue chip" recruits. North, by that definition, is our only blue chipper this year.

All said an done though, Coach Jones will be able to put an SEC quality starting line up on th field next year, just with a pretty thin depth chart compared to the current power houses. Let's get behind the coach in what he does best... and that is making the most of the roster he has. The more that happens, the more the blue chip recruits we land in the future.

Four Star Signees (not including 247):

QB - Josh Dobbs (Scout, ESPN)
QB - Riley Ferguson (ESPN)
WR - Paul Harris (Rivals)
WR - Ryan Jenkins (ESPN)
WR - Marquez North (Scout, ESPN, Rivals)
OL - Austin Sanders (ESPN, Rivals)
DE - Jason Carr (Scout, Rivals)
DE - Jaylen Miller (ESPN)
LB - Corey Vereen (ESPN)
S - Jalen Reeves-Maybin (Scout, Rivals)

Apply your trick to the Florida squad and I bet every recruit is a 4 star.

VN Store

Back