UT Signs Ten Four Star Recruits

Volru

Except for being short in quantity, this class is fairly similar in quality to our past three classes, each with about half the class at four stars or better in at least one of the rankings. The 2013 (to date) has ten such players.

Unfortunately, UT has not done particularly well with blue chip players, signing one or two at best in each of the last four classes including this year's. For discussion purposes, I am counting five star or consensus four star (in every ranking) players only as "blue chip" recruits. North, by that definition, is our only blue chipper this year.

All said an done though, Coach Jones will be able to put an SEC quality starting line up on th field next year, just with a pretty thin depth chart compared to the current power houses. Let's get behind the coach in what he does best... and that is making the most of the roster he has. The more that happens, the more the blue chip recruits we land in the future.

Four Star Signees (not including 247):

QB - Josh Dobbs (Scout, ESPN)
QB - Riley Ferguson (ESPN)
WR - Paul Harris (Rivals)
WR - Ryan Jenkins (ESPN)
WR - Marquez North (Scout, ESPN, Rivals)
OL - Austin Sanders (ESPN, Rivals)
DE - Jason Carr (Scout, Rivals)
DE - Jaylen Miller (ESPN)
LB - Corey Vereen (ESPN)
S - Jalen Reeves-Maybin (Scout, Rivals)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Sorry, but this is disingenuous. You've gone through each ratings service and picked the highest for each player. You could also go through and pick out the lowest rating for each, which would suggest something different.

Reactions: 11 people
Sorry, but this is disingenuous. You've gone through each ratings service and picked the highest for each player. You could also go through and pick out the lowest rating for each, which would suggest something different.

Works like that for credit ratings too.

I prefer to hear the highest values. :) IJS.

I don't disagree, but the same would be true all but a very few programs. Blue chip players (five star and consensus four star) are few and far between.

Except for being short in quantity, this class is fairly similar in quality to our past three classes, each with about half the class at four stars or better in at least one of the rankings. The 2013 (to date) has ten such players.

Unfortunately, UT has not done particularly well with blue chip players, signing one or two at best in each of the last four classes including this year's. For discussion purposes, I am counting five star or consensus four star (in every ranking) players only as "blue chip" recruits. North, by that definition, is our only blue chipper this year.

All said an done though, Coach Jones will be able to put an SEC quality starting line up on th field next year, just with a pretty thin depth chart compared to the current power houses. Let's get behind the coach in what he does best... and that is making the most of the roster he has. The more that happens, the more the blue chip recruits we land in the future.

While the positive view is a stretch I like the attitude a lot better then crying about how horrible everything is.

Go Vols!!

Reactions: 2 people
10 4 stars?? Which site?

This Site:

QB - Josh Dobbs
QB - Riley Ferguson
WR - Paul Harris (EE)
WR - Ryan Jenkins
WR - Marquez North
OL - Austin Sanders
DE - Jason Carr
DE - Jaylen Miller
LB - Corey Vereen (EE)
S - Jalen Reeves-Maybin (EE)

Check the Signing Day thread. You can't average more than 3.00 stars without a four star from somewhere, or just cross reference ESPN, Scout, Rivals, and 247 to get the same result.

Last edited:
It is safe to say that Vandy got us.
And heck, even Auburn killed it with having a really bad record last year and a new coach.

I am a little disappointed.
(To be out done by Ole Miss, has to be just a freak recruiting year for them!!!)

VN Store

Back