UT Plane(merged)

It looks like Pat Summit took the plane to Indy for an awards dinner on the 19th University of Tennessee Women's Basketball Official Athletic Site I would assume that she flew back on the same plane, but the stop over in Raliegh is curious. The only uncommitted women's hoops prospects in NC who are talented enough to attract the lady Vols attention are in Charlotte. The Stillwater thing is also interesting. My first thought was that it might have to do with Oku, but his hometown is much closer to OK City than Stillwater.

Just asking here, cause I don't really know, but is this plane just for the Athletic Department? I mean, could the univeristy use the plane for anything else not involving athletics?

Just asking here, cause I don't really know, but is this plane just for the Athletic Department? I mean, could the univeristy use the plane for anything else not involving athletics?

I think it is for any legitimate University use, athletic or not.

"If we had a UT guy as AD, he would have called this fight several games ago (if not last year), and he would have announced that this will be Coach Fulmer's last season. That way, we could all wish Fulmer well on his way out, and the AD could openly begin a search for a new coach. Ridiculous."

I don't think Mike Hamilton should be underestimated. He is UT through and through, and honestly, he has much more of a connection to the university than a lot of his critics on this board. I don't care where he went to school. He is a UT guy.

To the best of my memory, he has been involved in three important hires as AD and he has done extremely well each time. Both the hiring of Sam Winterbotham (Men's Tennis) and Todd Raleigh (Baseball) were highly contraversial and both have turned out very well so far. And, of course, his hiring of Coach Pearl in the face of the very loud and very public support for Coach Peterson (much of it by big-time "UT guys" and girls) is the stuff of legends.

I think Hamilton is the exactly right guy for this situation. I just hope his hiring backbone/skill/luck continues into the future because I remain unmoved about the need for a new direction in football because of last Saturday's win. In any other year, beating Mississippi State would have been a given. That's the way the good Lord intended it and we need to get back to that truth.:matrix:

So is this a story or what? I mean so the UT plane has jetted to a few strange locations, what does this mean? Does anyone know what they ate or drank on the plane? What in flight movie was watched? Is the name of the plane "Thunder I" or Haslaam II? What is the deal, good lord people give me the scoop!

Wow, all this money and we don't have a Jet...I mean a twin prop, really? Wow:(

To put this into perspective for those who dont follow the price of planes.

A Kinga Air 200 (very good servicable plane) will run around 5 or 6 million depending on bells and whistles.

A Gulf Stream 550 or G5 (One of the top of the line Jets that will get you near 7000 mile range and just under Mach 1. I think around .8 or .9 Mach speed which is gettin it) will run you over 50 million depending on bells and whistles.

So it's not like UT is slumming with a King Air.

So is this a story or what? I mean so the UT plane has jetted to a few strange locations, what does this mean? Does anyone know what they ate or drank on the plane? What in flight movie was watched? Is the name of the plane "Thunder I" or Haslaam II? What is the deal, good lord people give me the scoop!

It just gives us something to do.

It was surely for Pat going to Indy for Anosike, and I'm assuming the quick stopover in NC was to drop off some people who were there.
As for OK...Who knows. Maybe the University is in search of a new Provost, as our previous one is going to be the Chancellor at UMASS

No story. I made a joke about the plane in another thread yesterday - I think the OP was just curious about it.

VN Store

Back