UT Nationally Valid AGAIN! Pruitt is MORE than we asked for!

Great win for sure, but Butch had big wins too. We are nowhere near a nation power yet, making progress but a long way to go. Beat Bama this week then maybe.

Butch sucked, got lucky and out talented a few teams... At the end of the day, Pruitt actually has a mind for football and isn't a charlatan.

And, Pruitt could kick his ass... Just saying.

Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt just completed the most rapid turnaround of a program in football history. I had my doubts and secretly hoped for other big name coaches. It took Meyers, Saban, and others much longer than the 6 games this man needed to get back on the college football map. Even Pruitt himself thought it would take longer! I hoped for Frost but he is 0-6 in a WEAK conference.

Two thoughts:
1. It feels good to be a national power again
2. I wish we could play Florida again since the turnaround
I’m excited but he won one game.

Butch sucked, got lucky and out talented a few teams... At the end of the day, Pruitt actually has a mind for football and isn't a charlatan.

And, Pruitt could kick his ass... Just saying.

I hated Butch, like Pruitt. But the same could be said about Pruitt, if Stidham doesnt force two bad passes and Tennessee gets a lucky bounce on that fumble TD, we could still be winless in the SEC. Pruitt is a long way from being a proven HC yet. The multiple special teams penalties against Georgia, over and over were infuriating, and WR's lining up wrong yesterday negating Ty Chandler's big play still worry me. I like Pruitt and think he will be a solid HC but I wouldnt anoint anyone as the savior yet. Long way to go. Not trying to be a negavol but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Reactions: maotai
Old Dominion is not the national program we are and have always been. That was a fluke, yesterday was not.
Fair enough. I agree that it wasn’t a fluke. We still aren’t ready for Bama though. Not with our putrid running game. No doubt things are better though!

Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt just completed the most rapid turnaround of a program in football history. I had my doubts and secretly hoped for other big name coaches. It took Meyers, Saban, and others much longer than the 6 games this man needed to get back on the college football map. Even Pruitt himself thought it would take longer! I hoped for Frost but he is 0-6 in a WEAK conference.

Two thoughts:
Yes.... we are seeing progress, but still will be a 2-3 year project before we can be considered a powerhouse again.... like the way we are headed in year 1 but still see a rocky road ahead to get back to national championship caliber teams.

Don't see anything that suggests you improved enough to beat us. We've beaten two ranked teams since we beat you, and both teams had beaten Auburn this season. Your win is a combination of UT improving at the QB position and Auburn regressing and really becoming awful at this point in time. Congrats on the win, but it is your first SEC win in a long time. So calm down and do not take Missouri / Vandy or South Carolina lightly.
Florida is better than they were when we played too. I do think it would be a good game if we played now but I can’t say for sure who would win. UF would be favored though.

Reactions: Gatornator

Two thoughts:
Slow down tiger

Rumor has it that Dan Mullen watched video of the Auburn-Tennessee game on the flight home from Nashville and soiled himself.

More than once.

Just a rumor though

Reactions: Gatornator
Hold your horses there turbo....when we get into the SEC east conversation then we can talk about being “back”

Lulz "Turbo".

I'm excited too, but this is a little premature, but it ain't hurting anybody so do your thang.

I do wish we had already played Bama. It will be interesting how we rebound afterwards.

Two thoughts:
Huh? We had two weeks to get ready for a turrible Auburn team.

No terrible isn't misspelled, It's Charles Barkley talking.

Well played, 99.

See, THAT is how you act on an opponent's board. Take notes, Gatornator.

There is no transitive property in football.
Absolutely true, especially with the depth of the conference.

That being said, momentum and confidence do have alot to do with future success. I'm not ready to declare us "back", but it sure is great to see results on the field and not "hypothetical or potential" results, which gives us hope to win a few of the final 6 games. Even last week, though hopeful, was hoping to get that one SEC win by the end of the year. Now, we've got some new possibilities.

you're getting ahead of yourself here

No doubt. I cannot for the life of me understand all of the hand waving that occurs after each, individual game—whether it be a win or a loss.

One game doesn’t define a season either way. Let’s see how it plays out.

cart-before-horse-cartoon.jpg
Nice

I still see no guaranteed SEC victories ahead of us.

We won yesterday thanks to our WRs winning 1 on 1 jump balls and poor QB decisions from Auburns overrated QB.

We aren’t there yet. A long journey ahead.
A little too simple. Here are the other reasons we won....

-excellent QB play
-3 forced turnovers
-good front 7 pressure all day long
-auburn ran for 58 yards on their first possession, but only 68 for the rest of the game/their last 10 possessions
-much better defensive execution from a much improved, energized defense
-a legit SEC kicker where a 40-45 yard routine field goal attempt is just that...routine.
-an outstanding game plan and very good game management from Coach Pruitt and staff.

I will go with: we have improved. And : I think we will continue to improve And: 6 wins and a bowl game should be considered a minor miracle considering where we started from

Just not ready to anoint us as a 'National Power' just yet. Time will tell

VN Store

Back