UT Nationally Valid AGAIN! Pruitt is MORE than we asked for!

I hated Butch, like Pruitt. But the same could be said about Pruitt, if Stidham doesnt force two bad passes and Tennessee gets a lucky bounce on that fumble TD, we could still be winless in the SEC. Pruitt is a long way from being a proven HC yet. The multiple special teams penalties against Georgia, over and over were infuriating, and WR's lining up wrong yesterday negating Ty Chandler's big play still worry me. I like Pruitt and think he will be a solid HC but I wouldnt anoint anyone as the savior yet. Long way to go. Not trying to be a negavol but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
I agree still have a ways to go but we're getting better each week which is normal after a coaching change. Stidham threw 2 interceptions and fumbled because of the pressure we put on him he didn't give us those turnovers we forced them.

Reactions: jlawso21
I figured there'd be posts like this on here today. I will say this, we finally saw something positive yesterday and that's a good thing.

Maybe Pruitt can coach at a high level, maybe not. To proclaim the Vols are nationally relevant is quite a ridiculous take though. We still had a touchdown called back because we cannot line up properly. Still made a ton of costly mistakes. Auburn just made a lot more. Still, it feels great not to be the absolutely worst team in the league.

Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt just completed the most rapid turnaround of a program in football history. I had my doubts and secretly hoped for other big name coaches. It took Meyers, Saban, and others much longer than the 6 games this man needed to get back on the college football map. Even Pruitt himself thought it would take longer! I hoped for Frost but he is 0-6 in a WEAK conference.

Two thoughts:
1. It feels good to be a national power again
2. I wish we could play Florida again since the turnaround

Butch had a win over a top 5 South Carolina team in his first year, and that was not with Dobbs. Everyone was saying we were back that week. We ended the season 5-7, getting blown out by Mizzou, Bama, Auburn, and a loss to Vandy. It feels great to beat a ranked SECW team on the road, but pardon me for still being skeptical. Let’s see how we keep improving each week before saying “biggest turnaround in UT history.” LOL

Not here to lick your boots and tell you you are great. I'd love to see our rivalry become relevant nationally again and UGA going back to being irrelevant. Both UF and UT have long ways to go.
Why are you here? Rhetorical question.

Reactions: Behr
I think we can say with relative certainty that Pruitt is a better football coach that Jones or Dooley. That's a pretty low bar so it is no guarantee of a turnaround or success.

That was a great 1st SEC win. Remember that Butch beat Georgia and Florida in 2016, then tanked from then on. Saturday was a big step forward, but we still have a ways to go.

Rumor has it that Dan Mullen watched video of the Auburn-Tennessee game on the flight home from Nashville and soiled himself.

More than once.

Just a rumor though
Nothing more than what other jort Florida players did on television!😂

Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt just completed the most rapid turnaround of a program in football history. I had my doubts and secretly hoped for other big name coaches. It took Meyers, Saban, and others much longer than the 6 games this man needed to get back on the college football map. Even Pruitt himself thought it would take longer! I hoped for Frost but he is 0-6 in a WEAK conference.

Two thoughts:
it's great to be positive but please pump the breaks.

We went from Butch's team against West Virginia, to an improved team against Florida (not the score but fundamentals), to a conditioned and poised team yesterday.

Watch what happens against Alabama. Not sure we'll win but they'll know what we are now. I say, at worst, we run out of juice and they come from behind late, if at all.

6 turnovers and 6 penalties against florida
was fundamental improvement?????
Auburn was a great win hopefully it helps us get to 6 wins and a bowl!

I still see no guaranteed SEC victories ahead of us.

We won yesterday thanks to our WRs winning 1 on 1 jump balls and poor QB decisions from Auburns overrated QB.

We aren’t there yet. A long journey ahead.

In fairness the staff must have seen something on Auburn’s Secondary because they practiced back shoulder throws the whole two weeks.

We weren’t practicing back shoulder throws before that. So I think you should re-evaluate your statement about the Wide Receivers. Those weren’t lucky catches. They were planned.

Two thoughts:
Completed???? National power again??
Not even close!
2 years from now , yeah , at least I hope and think so.

Mason approached his injured player, then instigated the UF sideline which prompted a response. Yes he was angry, because he will not accept any bullying from the other side. And the difference is ? Mullen was down by 11 points, he goes on to score 27 more points and win by 10. Hitting a board infront of your team like a loser is very different from fighting back at the other coach who is instigating you.

I like this new world order where Vanderbilt bullies Florida.

Reactions: Gatornator and Behr

Two thoughts:
I am super happy too but come on...Seriously...He's won ONE conference game...Doesn't mean he's turned anything around....Great win for sure but lets not elect him jesus yet.

We tooled Auburn but can't beat Kentucky and Vanderbilt? The only other "guarantee" is that Alabama is worried.
Dude, Auburn is going to end up between 7-5 and 5-7. That is the definition of mediocre. Since we are used to getting boatraced by mediocre SEC teams there is definite progress but Kentucky is legit good this year, they are currently 6-1, to consider them a guaranteed win at this point is beyond nuts.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
A little too simple. Here are the other reasons we won....

-excellent QB play
-3 forced turnovers
-good front 7 pressure all day long
-auburn ran for 58 yards on their first possession, but only 68 for the rest of the game/their last 10 possessions
-much better defensive execution from a much improved, energized defense
-a legit SEC kicker where a 40-45 yard routine field goal attempt is just that...routine.
-an outstanding game plan and very good game management from Coach Pruitt and staff.
THIS! is what point I've tried to make! Saturday was different. This team changed. Either get behind us or get off!

A little too simple. Here are the other reasons we won....

-excellent QB play
-3 forced turnovers
-good front 7 pressure all day long
-auburn ran for 58 yards on their first possession, but only 68 for the rest of the game/their last 10 possessions
-much better defensive execution from a much improved, energized defense
-a legit SEC kicker where a 40-45 yard routine field goal attempt is just that...routine.
-an outstanding game plan and very good game management from Coach Pruitt and staff.

How refreshing it is to feel good about that! How many games over the past 3 years could have been won with just this?

Yea anyway, good list.

10 months.

In 3 years we wii be in the national picture.

IN PRUITT I TRUST!!!

VN Store

Back