USC's Garcia fully reinstated

So who brought up the Colquitt issue & unless I'm mistaken he was suspended for a few games. I just think it's funny how y'all defend him when the rest of the world sees him as an ass clown.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
After Britton Colquitt, we sort of lost the moral high ground on stuff like this.
:wavey:

I didn't bring up Colquitt. I'm not saying what he did is okay, I'm saying it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

I'm not saying it's the worst thing in the world either but after 5 suspensions for pretty much the same thing he should at least have been suspended for a few games if not dismissed from the team. There's a ton of college kids who can drink & have a good time & not be totally stupid about it. I guess you could label it as situational discipline where they say your suspended but don't actually get punished.

I'm not saying it's the worst thing in the world either but after 5 suspensions for pretty much the same thing he should at least have been suspended for a few games if not dismissed from the team. There's a ton of college kids who can drink & have a good time & not be totally stupid about it. I guess you could label it as situational discipline where they say your suspended but don't actually get punished.

He's done some stupid things, but I don't think CSS has handled them the wrong way. Sitting him for Spring Practice takes away from meaningful practice time with the team, which hinders both the team and Garcia. We needed Garcia practicing this Spring to help work out his many kinks. Now, he only has a matter of weeks to work out said kinks.

He's done some stupid things, but I don't think CSS has handled them the wrong way. Sitting him for Spring Practice takes away from meaningful practice time with the team, which hinders both the team and Garcia. We needed Garcia practicing this Spring to help work out his many kinks. Now, he only has a matter of weeks to work out said kinks.

OK, so that potentially hurts the team, and him in his role as quarterback. What did it do to address what seems to be an underlying problem with his health and his future? IMO, all it's doing is putting more pressure on someone who may not handle pressure very well. "You had to sit out the spring practice season, so we're not where we ought to be, so you'd better suddenly turn in a miracle or two!" That might make anyone reach for a cold one.

There's what might be good for the team and SC's win-loss record, and there's what might be good for the individual. If they conflict, which is the right action?

And again, it might be that there's not a real problem. But holy cow, after that many public (who knows what we didn't hear about?) embarrassments, if it were you, would you keep on doing the same stupid sh!t? And getting caught?

I'm sorry, but tell me that big-time college sports aren't often ready to crunch up and spit out players for the sake of the W/L record.

Good lord, how old is Garcia? He's been at South Carolina forever. I thought I heard he had died of natural causes, but I guess not.

If Garcia were a punter I'm sure he would have been disciplined or booted off the team. it's obvious what's going on in this situation.

So Tennessee looks even worse for letting Britton continue his career here?

OK, so that potentially hurts the team, and him in his role as quarterback. What did it do to address what seems to be an underlying problem with his health and his future? IMO, all it's doing is putting more pressure on someone who may not handle pressure very well. "You had to sit out the spring practice season, so we're not where we ought to be, so you'd better suddenly turn in a miracle or two!" That might make anyone reach for a cold one.

There's what might be good for the team and SC's win-loss record, and there's what might be good for the individual. If they conflict, which is the right action?

And again, it might be that there's not a real problem. But holy cow, after that many public (who knows what we didn't hear about?) embarrassments, if it were you, would you keep on doing the same stupid sh!t? And getting caught?

I'm sorry, but tell me that big-time college sports aren't often ready to crunch up and spit out players for the sake of the W/L record.

If nobody knows about it, is it really that embarrassing?

I don't know what they did, if anything, to help the kid. I know he had X amount of requirements he had to meet to return to the team this fall, though I do not know what those requirements were. The kid appears to have his life pretty well in order. He already has his college degree in hand, which tells me he was taking care of business where he needed to. He has faults, as we all do, but they're not near as bad as many blow them up to be.

No, you don't care because jg pretty much blew your point out of the water.

What point was that? I believe the tennessee player you mentioned actually sat out a few games. He wasn't getting busted for the same crap numerous times the entire time he was at school. Your guy has been suspended 5 times & yet to be punished. Figure that one out.

Last edited:
What point was that? I believe the tennessee player you mentioned actually sat out a few games. He wasn't getting busted for the same crap numerous times the entire time he was at school. Your guy has been suspended 5 times & yet to be punished. Figure that one out.

You said:

If Garcia were a punter I'm sure he would have been disciplined or booted off the team. it's obvious what's going on in this situation.

jg said:

So Tennessee looks even worse for letting Britton continue his career here?

You said:

It's over dude. Nobody cares.

Reading comprehension, you need it. Oh, and please quote the post where I ever brought up a UT player this thread for comparison.

You said:

jg said:

You said:

Reading comprehension, you need it. Oh, and please quote the post where I ever brought up a UT player this thread for comparison.

Im saying it was done because nobody cares but if you must keep it going. If you didn't say anything why did you chime in? Anyway. How did Tennessee look worse for letting britton stay on the team? He was suspended & actually sat out games. How many times has garcia been suspended & how much playing time has he missed. None.

VN Store

Back