USA Today Preseason Poll is out

Maybe those who were saying this team should be in the elite 8 should take a look at this. Not saying I don't have high hopes for this team, but maybe some should temper expectations a bit.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe those who were saying this team should be in the elite 8 should take a look at this. Not saying I don't have high hopes for this team, but maybe some should temper expectations a bit.

Temper expectations based on what? A preseason poll where the usual suspects are rewarded based on their history? I maintain that we still have a great team that will be ranked early into and for the remainder of the season.

Reactions: 1 person

True but this is a talented and experienced team. IMO we should at least win 22 to 25 regular season games with this roster. No bubble talk whatsoever.

You mean to tell me they don't have us in the top 25? And they have an unproven Kentucky team at #1? Get out of here..

Temper expectations based on what? A preseason poll where the usual suspects are rewarded based on their history? I maintain that we still have a great team that will be ranked early into and for the remainder of the season.

I agree they will be ranked, and as I said I have high hopes. My point was simply, you typically don't see a team who's "expected" to make the elite 8 unranked in preseason polls.

If you asked 50 national analysts to pick 8 teams that they expect to make the elite 8 how many times do you think Tennessee's name would be called?

True but this is a talented and experienced team. IMO we should at least win 22 to 25 regular season games with this roster. No bubble talk whatsoever.

Agree 100%, and that's about where that ranking has us. Being a top 30 team would have you likely winning 20+ games and making the NCAA tournament.

There's a big difference between a tourney team and an expected elite 8 team.

So typical for the kitties & gators to be overrated! This Vol team should be very good. Wouldn't be surprised to see them win 25 or more. Who does ky have that can play with Stokes & Maymon?

I'm just irritated that we don't get to play the cats twice this year, and only get them at rupp. Oh well, hope we drill them at rupp!!! GBO!!! Where is chris lofton when we need him......(he destroyed the cats in rupp every time he played them).

Last edited:
I'm just irritated that we don't get to play the cats twice this year, and only get them at rupp. Oh well, hope we drill them at home!!! GBO!!! Where is chris lofton when we need him......(he destroyed the cats in rupp every time he played them).

ehh its just added motivation to make a run in the SEC tourney.

So Gators got a 2 seed? Sweet.
You and other anti-Kentucky fans will like this.

Florida center Patric Young sent a message to the Kentucky Wildcats and their top-ranked recruiting class:

"I hope they think they can just walk on the court and they're going to beat everybody," Young said Thursday at SEC media days. "I hope that's what they think.

"As soon as they play a real top team, they're going to see it's not just a walk in the park. One and done is not for everybody."

I find it ridiculous Tennessee isn't ranked in the top 25... Another year to prove people wrong.

Florida wins the SEC this season, I think. Kentucky struggles with a super young team more than people think.

For the first time, I actually agree with you. I still think Tennessee has a great shot to win the SEC this year.

You and other anti-Kentucky fans will like this.

Florida center Patric Young sent a message to the Kentucky Wildcats and their top-ranked recruiting class:

"I hope they think they can just walk on the court and they're going to beat everybody," Young said Thursday at SEC media days. "I hope that's what they think.

"As soon as they play a real top team, they're going to see it's not just a walk in the park. One and done is not for everybody."

Patric Young gets it.

VN Store

Back