Urban Meyer making a splash

rpeagram

in the faces of Big Ten coaches

Big Ten coaches would like Urban Meyer to stop taking their recruits, please | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo! Sports

For the people who believe that Bret Bielema would ever coach in the SEC, forget about it. This is his cry baby theme and he falls back to it with ease. He made similar comments all directed at the SEC when asked about the 25 scholarship limit that the SEC self imposed. If I was a fan of the Big Ten schools I would wonder why the are sitting around being best friends and acting like they were part of a country club. Get out and do everything possible within the rules to win. Thats what I say; what say you?

I can't stand Meyer or Ohio St, but I don't see a problem with his recruiting tactics. The SEC is the best conferance for a reason. Coaches go all out to get the best players available and will steal from one another to get them if possible. The big ten is not ready for that. Meyer will probably do well up there.

I can't stand Meyer or Ohio St, but I don't see a problem with his recruiting tactics. The SEC is the best conferance for a reason. Coaches go all out to get the best players available and will steal from one another to get them if possible. The big ten is not ready for that. Meyer will probably do well up there.

yea i think so too; there is a much better chance of success for urban in the big 10.

The Big 10 is gonna hate Urban Meyer...sure because of the smirk, but mainly because of the bludgeoning he's gonna drop on them.

I can see Urban laughing his azz off about the coaches complaining about recruiting. He must be thinking "this is like taking candy from a baby".

I'll give it to OSU, if you want to improve your record against the SEC, you hire an SEC coach.( A NC winning SEC coach that is)

The Big Ten doesn't know what is about to hit them. I expect UM will do a good job up there. That being said, I still can't stand the guy and hope OSU loses every game.

Reactions: 2 people
What annoys me are the OSU fans and local radio guys who are now water carriers for him. They HATED him at Florida and called him a cheater, etc. Now they are shameless defenders of him. I wish I could link to a radio segment I heard yesterday of fans calling in to the local radio acting psycho about Bielema.

What annoys me are the OSU fans and local radio guys who are now water carriers for him. They HATED him at Florida and called him a cheater, etc. Now they are shameless defenders of him. I wish I could link to a radio segment I heard yesterday of fans calling in to the local radio acting psycho about Bielema.

I'm an OSU fan and don't ever remember thinking Urban was a "cheater" nor do I remember other OSU fans accusing him of cheating. I remember being pissed that we had our asses handed to us in the NC game but don't remember anyone saying he's a cheater. I do remember a former Vol head coach calling him a cheater though and the Vol fan base getting pretty darn pumped about it.

Lane kiffin calls out Urban Meyer during signing day celebration.... "had to cheat" - YouTube

I'm an OSU fan and don't ever remember thinking Urban was a "cheater" nor do I remember other OSU fans accusing him of cheating. I remember being pissed that we had our asses handed to us in the NC game but don't remember anyone saying he's a cheater. I do remember a former Vol head coach calling him a cheater though and the Vol fan base getting pretty darn pumped about it.

Lane kiffin calls out Urban Meyer during signing day celebration.... "had to cheat" - YouTube

You're the exception to the rule. I live in Columbus and used to hear it all the time

Meyer is pathetic which reason will he leave OSU for family or health or will ego keep him there

At least he won't have the chest pain of playing a SEC team every week. It'll be like playing UK every Saturday :(

I just tell the truth man. We should never have hired a coach named "Joker." Sorry to derail the thread.

I wasnt cussing at u. I hate joker so much. Next year will be painful. Losses against the whole sec.

i do look forward to osu not choking in the BCSNCG. It was getting to a laughable point.

With all the talent in the state of Fla we are not real sure how UM coached he did have a guy named Tebow that carried him now we will see if he can really coach in the big time if OSU is in that category

I think this whole thing is funny. Bret Bielema isn't man enough to admit that he couldn't hang with UM's recuiting. I think it's even funnier that he calls out the best conference in the country. Maybe when the big ten makes it to the NCG and wins then maybe he start to talk a little

The big ten warming up to Meyer.Thats nice.He will grow on them as time goes on.If tough times come he will retire for family reasons.What a douchebag

You mean when he finds he can't win a title without his version of Herschel Walker?

VN Store

Back