Unofficial TN v next SEC opponent pre-game

What about it? Most analytic models have this game as a wider margin of defeat than the Kentucky game...that could change closer to that game but as of now they’re very similar.

OK. Guess I was thinking more in terms of wins vs. losses. Rupp wins have been few and far between lately. If I had to pick likely wins, I would pick today over KY at Rupp.

I agree, but as you know these are the types of game you gotta win to get to the big show. we've lost to two ranked teams, hopefully our guys aren't as intimidated by good records as they are by rankings.

Intimidated by rankings? They took it to both teams for most of the game. Failure to close is not the same as being intimidated.

Auburn at the TBA
Tuesday, January 2, 2018
7:00PM
ESPNU

Auburn is yet another guard oriented opponent that TN will face. I'm glad that Forbes or Shay aren't doing the scouting and game planning for Bruce.

TN has a size advantage.

UT classes begin Wednesday, January 10, 2018
=====================================

2017-18 Auburn Tigers Roster and Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

2017–18 Auburn Tigers men's basketball team - Wikipedia

It would really suck to lose to Bruce... he leaves TN in the ****ter and gets it rolling at Barn.

Last edited:
How about the Cat poster putting up some comments about what to expect and such? I never know who's playing for KY anymore. Where is TN at it's biggest advantage and disadvantage?

It's Kentucky Week people. Bruce isn't going to ever coach at TN and what use is predicting the necessary NCAAT résumé before the regular season is even half over?

On Basilio... KY has NEVER lost 3 consecutive games in the TBA (even Jesus Pearl didn't pull that one off).

There was a Stokely Curse happening before the move to the Thompson-Boling Arena. KY lost there 1979 through 1985. So props to Devoe in his first 7 years.

On Basilio... KY has NEVER lost 3 consecutive games in the TBA (even Jesus Pearl didn't pull that one off).

There was a Stokely Curse happening before the move to the Thompson-Boling Arena. KY lost there 1979 through 1985. So props to Devoe in his first 7 years.

Your Pearl bashing is getting old. Everyone knows you don't like him. No need to keep going on and on with it in every thread.

Reactions: 2 people
Your Pearl bashing is getting old. Everyone knows you don't like him. No need to keep going on and on with it in every thread.

Pretty sure that I'm not bringing him up. Who bumped that BBB garbage? And it's true... Pearl never won three straight versus KY in the TBA. "Jesus" is directed at the Pearl-ites, not Mister Pearl. They worship him if you haven't noticed.

But thanks for patrolling the posts. :good!:

Last edited:
And just because I've pointed out his flaws and failures, that doesn't mean I don't like him. I just don't want him back. He let me down and I wish he'd never be suggested as a potential TN coach again. Cuonzo might have worked out had Bruce and the nonsense stayed away. I will admit that I don't really like the kid though.

And just because I've pointed out his flaws and failures, that doesn't mean I don't like him. I just don't want him back. He let me down and I wish he'd never be suggested as a potential TN coach again. Cuonzo might have worked out had Bruce and the nonsense stayed away. I will admit that I don't really like the kid though.

Who is talking about bringing back Pearl? I haven’t seen any posts about that. Maybe y’all are reading different threads than me.

Of course I’m wise enough to not even open threads titled “bring back Bruce” but that’s maybe not everyone’s method.

Who is talking about bringing back Pearl? I haven’t seen any posts about that. Maybe y’all are reading different threads than me.

Of course I’m wise enough to not even open threads titled “bring back Bruce” but that’s maybe not everyone’s method.

Two very contradictory statements there.

Anyone with a basketball IQ doesn't want him back. Don't get upset when(Nguyen) one of football posters start the BBB talk. I think Pearl is a great coach, but I sure don't won't him back.

Anyone with a basketball IQ doesn't want him back. Don't get upset when(Nguyen) one of football posters start the BBB talk. I think Pearl is a great coach, but I sure don't won't him back.

Ditto
His teams with more talent have a bigger question mark,when they step on the floor, than Barnes.

You serious Clark? Seemed straightforward to me.

Suggesting that you haven't seen any posts suggesting we bring back Pearl, and then acknowledging there is an entire thread dedicated to the idea is not contradictory only in the academic sense.

Suggesting that you haven't seen any posts suggesting we bring back Pearl, and then acknowledging there is an entire thread dedicated to the idea is not contradictory only in the academic sense.

Smart enough to not click the thread. It’s a moron magnet no matter what reason you enter.

Smart enough to not click the thread. It’s a moron magnet no matter what reason you enter.

I have seen it posted in at least two other threads since last Saturday, though I'm pretty sure the posts were eventually moved to the "moron magnet", as you called it.

so dumb these 9pm east coast games. TN vs Kentucky at 9PM? No way I'm watching a game until midnight. I'll be giving my tickets to friends.

so dumb these 9pm east coast games. TN vs Kentucky at 9PM? No way I'm watching a game until midnight. I'll be giving my tickets to friends.

I agree that it's late for a Tuesday or Wednesday night, but come on. Game will be over by 11:00-11:15. We've played football games that went further into the night.

Barnes can coach circles around Pearl. He'll get us to the dance this year. We are lacking on the inside, when he gets a couple big men that can b dominate look out.

VN Store

Back