Uniform options for 2023

stumps

I am assuming that those orange helmets were one-and-done.

Any word on what uniform combinations the team may wear this year?

Orange Shirts White Pants, White Shirts Orange Pants. Thats it nothing else.

Alabama, LSU Penn State etc do not have more than two kits. Stop pandering to recruits now we are back they will want to play for "T" not smokey, black. blue uniforms.

Alabama, LSU Penn State etc do not have more than two kits. Stop pandering to recruits now we are back they will want to play for "T" not smokey, black. blue uniforms.

Attachments

• 4lgh92.jpg
    4lgh92.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 1
I like the orange helmets, the color have the helmet had nothing to do with that cluster of a ball game. Color may have been alittle off, atleast to my old eyes, I like the look though🤷‍♂️
We look like Clemson in the highlights with those orange helmets. Accidentally, that is not a bad thing that night. But let's not do that again.

The dark mode or black mambas are awesome and the recruits love them. Permanent part of the uni repertoire.

Always play major rivals and post season in the classics. It screams Tennessee and everyone in the country recognizes that look in an instant. Teach them to fear the Pantone 151.

I am not a big fan of the grays, but a lot of people are, and I think they have stood the test of time, so I say allow them in to make my fellows happy.

Our road white are a really sharp look. I also like the orange pants on occasion, home or away.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Why? The helmets looked great, this fan base has a huge issue with change and I don’t understand it.

Because I didn’t like the look, that’s why. I want Tennessee to look like Tennessee.

That said, I think dark mode and Smokies look good for certain games. Just don’t care for the orange lids.

Reactions: Orange.

I would love this.

(Although LSU does have alternates)

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

Lsu wore alternates in our game lasT year. Penn State wears faux back uniforms every season or almost every season.

Because I didn’t like the look, that’s why. I want Tennessee to look like Tennessee.

That said, I think dark mode and Smokies look good for certain games. Just don’t care for the orange lids.
The dark and smokies do not look like Tennessee. More like Oklahoma State. Maybe more like a high school.

Reactions: J C Higgins
LSU has worn gold, white and purple helmets as of recently. Not just their classic yellow and purple. Alabama wore Nike pro combats when that was a thing, that changed their pants significantly and added houndstooth to the numbers although it was real subtle. It’s 2023, everyone at this point has worn alternates from their normal look. Honestly everytime this discussion gets brought up everyone wants to use the worst examples to support the “be traditional” narrative. The truth is jerseys have changed over time for every school in college football history. USC fans will tell you their jerseys have never changed, but look at their uniforms from the 1980’s and then now. They’re absolutely not the same. Jerseys changes wether subtle or significant are way more of a college football tradition than not changing. This argument for or against is always so lame

1693654593869.jpeg
Alabama’s pro combat uniform. Subtle? Yes. An alternative look? Absolutely.

1693654743437.jpeg
Penn State also has a throw back uni they break out from time to time. I don’t really know about the faux black uni that has been mentioned here, but it wouldn’t surprise me. Teams never changing their uniform and not wearing an alternative look is just fairy tale type stuff

So you want to dig your heels in to the same recruits that will keep us good! These kids were not born the last time we were good. They know nothing of our history nor do they care. Sounds like a great plan to put us right back where we have been for 20 years.

We look like Clemson in the highlights with those orange helmets. Accidentally, that is not a bad thing that night. But let's not do that again.

The dark mode or black mambas are awesome and the recruits love them. Permanent part of the uni repertoire.

Always play major rivals and post season in the classics. It screams Tennessee and everyone in the country recognizes that look in an instant. Teach them to fear the Pantone 151.

I am not a big fan of the grays, but a lot of people are, and I think they have stood the test of time, so I say allow them in to make my fellows happy.

Our road white are a really sharp look. I also like the orange pants on occasion, home or away.
Great post. I agree. I was going to post but don't have to now.

I’m not sure they’re done with the orange helmets although I hope they are.
Like I’ve said before, AD White has signed a contract with SpaceX for a Falcon Heavy launch to send the entire inventory of orange helmets directly into the sun.
Butch Jones’ “charts” will hitch a ride as well

Reactions: stumps

Your second part completely contradicts your first part………..

Reactions: J C Higgins

So you want to stop pandering to the people that brought the team back? Makes sense

I like the orange helmets, the color have the helmet had nothing to do with that cluster of a ball game. Color may have been alittle off, atleast to my old eyes, I like the look though🤷‍♂️
A thousand times this. I love the orange 🍊 helmets.

VN Store

Back