Uniform options for 2023

They need to leave those orange helmets from last year in the storage room. Or better yet, hopefully they left them in Columbia.

Your second part completely contradicts your first part………..

Not completely. I would prefer just orange over white at home and white over orange on the road. But if we're to do alternates, the dark mode and smokies are a nice look. The orange lids just look like Clemson to me. Or a high school.

Reactions: tbwhhs
View attachment 574924
Alabama’s pro combat uniform. Subtle? Yes. An alternative look? Absolutely.

View attachment 574925
Penn State also has a throw back uni they break out from time to time. I don’t really know about the faux black uni that has been mentioned here, but it wouldn’t surprise me. Teams never changing their uniform and not wearing an alternative look is just fairy tale type stuff

How is this Bama one an alternate? What's different?

Agree. I hate the smokey gray.
Yep. I'd keep our traditional orange/white combos and use a black uni as our alternate instead of those gray abominations. The gray just reeks of and evokes memories of sergeant carter for me.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Yep. I'd keep our traditional orange/white combos and use a black uni as our alternate instead of those gray abominations. The gray just reeks of and evokes memories of sergeant carter for me.
Maybe that's it I don't know, but I can't stand the grays.

LSU has worn gold, white and purple helmets as of recently. Not just their classic yellow and purple. Alabama wore Nike pro combats when that was a thing, that changed their pants significantly and added houndstooth to the numbers although it was real subtle. It’s 2023, everyone at this point has worn alternates from their normal look. Honestly everytime this discussion gets brought up everyone wants to use the worst examples to support the “be traditional” narrative. The truth is jerseys have changed over time for every school in college football history. USC fans will tell you their jerseys have never changed, but look at their uniforms from the 1980’s and then now. They’re absolutely not the same. Jerseys changes wether subtle or significant are way more of a college football tradition than not changing. This argument for or against is always so lame
Yes, but those teams used their team colors. It is amazing how many people on here who have a distaste for Tennessee Orange and White. I love the orange helmets because they ARE Tennessee Orange. Not Vandy black or Army gray. Gold, white, and purple are LSU colors.

I like the orange helmets, the color have the helmet had nothing to do with that cluster of a ball game. Color may have been alittle off, atleast to my old eyes, I like the look though🤷‍♂️
Color was a touch off. It's hard to match, apparently. There is that.

I like that Heup reportedly let's the team decide about uniforms. If they want to wear the orange lids again, then everyone will be all in when they do.

People like myself who prefer the other looks will go wild for our guys if they are playing in orange helmets. We all have preferences but we really, at the end of the day, just love our Vols. (That's kind of how I am about the grays.)

Strengthening and preserving the brand in games against major rivals and bowls was a great DW decision imo. But that leaves a lot of games and a lot of options.

Here is s test case for people who jokingly say the classics are for blue hairs. Watch our LSU game highlights. Neither team really looks like who they are. Then watch our Bama game highlights: no doubt that is Tennessee beating Bama.

The orange helmets looked great. Hopefully they use them several more times just like the greys.

I love the grey uniform to death. I'd love to see the orange helmet get another chance at redemption. I would like anything with blue in it for one game.

Orange Shirts White Pants, White Shirts Orange Pants. Thats it nothing else.

Alabama, LSU Penn State etc do not have more than two kits. Stop pandering to recruits now we are back they will want to play for "T" not smokey, black. blue uniforms.
Disagree… let ‘em have fun!

VN Store

Back