Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

I know that uniform manufactures usually work on a 2 year cycle. With that in mind I can't help but think that the uniforms Tennessee will be getting next year have already been designed/approved, and possibly even manufactured at this point, and just waiting to be unveiled in July.

I'm not asking for a detailed description of the uniforms for any sport if you have seen them, but rather if there is a significant difference in style/look of the unis apart from cut and fit that we already know will be different.

I would assume that the football unis wont be much different, if there even is a change, but w/ basketball I'm expecting some sort of aero-graphic design on the back of the shirt like most Nike schools have with some other standard piping on the sides. Honestly baseball is what I'm most curious to see. Also will they be bringing any new logos to the fold much like adidas did with the new smokey logo and Vols wordmark.

Any info would be appreciated. SIAP

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I don't have any inside info but I did see DP say that the font style would be different. I think Syracuse was one of the examples he gave that look similar. IDK what I think about it

I know that uniform manufactures usually work on a 2 year cycle. With that in mind I can't help but think that the uniforms Tennessee will be getting next year have already been designed/approved, and possibly even manufactured at this point, and just waiting to be unveiled in July.

I'm not asking for a detailed description of the uniforms for any sport if you have seen them, but rather if there is a significant difference in style/look of the unis apart from cut and fit that we already know will be different.

I would assume that the football unis wont be much different, if there even is a change, but w/ basketball I'm expecting some sort of aero-graphic design on the back of the shirt like most Nike schools have with some other standard piping on the sides. Honestly baseball is what I'm most curious to see. Also will they be bringing any new logos to the fold much like adidas did with the new smokey logo and Vols wordmark.

Any info would be appreciated. SIAP

I could answer all your questions but since you want DP to answer, never mind.

Reactions: 4 people
I could answer all your questions but since you want DP to answer, never mind.

Answer away, I'm not on here enough to know who everyone is. I just remember him posting about the new Smokey Greys 2 years ago and again this past season about the ones w/ checkerboard sleeves we were seeing online.

These are dope!

Our jerseys are gonna resemble (Arky, Cuse & Baylor) with Syracuse having close colors to ours.

Attachments

• 10483568-large.jpg
    10483568-large.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 9
I think of the three similarities, I'd personally prefer to have Arkansas's font. Not a fan of the other two. Just my opinion.

All 3 have ridiculous Number fonts.

2772.gif

5596_baylor_bears-wordmark-2005.png

6839_arkansas_razorbacks-wordmark-2014.png

Just to give those who aren't familiar with the other wordmarks something to think about. Of those three Arkansas is my least favorite. I could get on board with something like the other 2 though.

Reactions: 1 person
2772.gif

Just to give those who aren't familiar with the other wordmarks something to think about. Of those three Arkansas is my least favorite. I could get on board with something like the other 2 though.

He was talking about the numbers. The numbers don't look like the text

Reactions: 2 people
2772.gif

The Jerseys

Attachments

• baylor-bears-new-uniforms-combinations.jpg
    baylor-bears-new-uniforms-combinations.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 31
  • New-Arkansas-Football-Uniforms-1.jpg
    New-Arkansas-Football-Uniforms-1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Cuse1.jpg
    Cuse1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 22
I know 'Cuse football uni numbers are styled different than the bball uni. They are supposed to reflect the tall buildings in the city. The diagonal slants have some significance too but I can't think of what it is off the top of my head.

I know 'Cuse football uni numbers are styled different than the bball uni. They are supposed to reflect the tall buildings in the city. The diagonal slants have some significance too but I can't think of what it is off the top of my head.

Well at least there is a solid reason why they look dumb lol :hi:

There are two neat aspects of the jersey numbers. First, the elongated font size is meant to represent gothic-style architecture seen in New York City and around campus.

The numbers also pay homage the No. 44, worn by SU legends such as Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Floyd Little. Within each jersey number are stripes slanted at a 44-degree angle. This pattern is mirrored on the uniform pant lines and shoulder panels.

From this article
4 cool things about the new Syracuse football uniforms | syracuse.com

VN Store

Back