Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

I disagree. I love that script Vols, it's based on what the baseball teams wore in the early days of the program. Like I said, the current version has been around since the early 1990s.

I like script Vols, but I do agree the type of script Vols could be better. But I don't hate it.

So what exactly do yo like about Tennessee football uni's? I

Say what? Read the post again:

As far as the new unis go, please keep the present Butch Jones rendition of orange jerseys and white pants with the orange stripes down the legs. For the away games, use white jerseys and white pants with orange stripes. Never bring back the hideous black outline on the numbers. Never use all orange for home games, it's too gaudy and looks better with the white pants. On the other hand, burn the smokey grays, they are not traditional, they are not the school's colors in spite of what some say. They didn't exist prior to the Butch Jones era but are contrived to get ignorant Vol fans to believe they are really a part of school colors. No one has the right to change school colors without putting it to a major vote. As for the Kiffin blacks, or any other black accents, can them forever !

As far as fearing change goes, sure change all you like as long as you're improving something. When perfection is reached, change can only go down hill. When I say never go back to black trim, does that show feer of change? Black trim was worn for years, did not like it at all, advocated for change. As far as the orange helmet is concerned , it may not look too bad, but should not be used due to the established national brand. The national brand should not be screwed with.

I don't mind the diamond VOLS uni's just sayin VOLS but I just don't like all the curvy fufu. Just block the letters and go with it. It's just a matter of my own personnel taste. There still the best lookin uni's out there cause of that beautiful orange.

Baylor ones aren't terrible. Syracuse looks terrible. Hope they make them better by May.

I kind of feel like Nike unis might not go over well until year 3.

The baseball unis look snazzy other than that, I can't figure out who the "U"ols are.
Football is the bench mark, the face, the pride of this state and this University...Don't Frick with the unis!

I could accept helmet variations, BUT, that's it.
Maybe metalic orange with a chrome Power T and chrome face mask with double chrome rally stripes down the center.

Or, maybe not.

Baylor ones aren't terrible. Syracuse looks terrible. Hope they make them better by May.

I kind of feel like Nike unis might not go over well until year 3.

If Nike screws up the current uniforms, I will NEVER buy any Nike products again. Adidas had it right, if they can get it right then Nike should be able to "just do it" too!!

Below is what I want to see from Nike!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Nike should take what we wore last year, and then add a swoosh to it. That would be that.

Correct, but you know they won't just do that. Look what those a$$holes did to FSU and Miami's uniforms! They completely redesigned the Chief Osceola logo just so it would be easier to mass produce on t-shirts and hats ect. As a result FSU had to change the logo on the field to match.

On the radio yesterday they said that Nike came out with the colors that were going to be used...Orange and White, and 2 different shades of Grey. not sure where i can find proof on this. i have been looking everywhere.

If Nike screws up the current uniforms, I will NEVER buy any Nike products again. Adidas had it right, if they can get it right then Nike should be able to "just do it" too!!

Below is what I want to see from Nike!!!

Sexy

Do we have any ideas on when we will get to see the new uni's? At least just the home and away?

There will be a major unveiling of most teams' uniforms and the 2015 sideline apparel July 1. Earlier, if a deal can be reached between our current apparel provider and our future provider.

There are a couple of high-profile schools (ASU and Maimi) making the transition the other way, from Nike to adidas, and adidas would like to unveil their stuff early as well. The two companies have to come to an agreement that benefits all parties, the schools have to honor their current contracts.

There will be a major unveiling of most teams' uniforms and the 2015 sideline apparel July 1. Earlier, if a deal can be reached between our current apparel provider and our future provider.

There are a couple of high-profile schools (ASU and Maimi) making the transition the other way, from Nike to adidas, and adidas would like to unveil their stuff early as well. The two companies have to come to an agreement that benefits all parties, the schools have to honor their current contracts.
At what level of the companies do these decisions get made?

I love our current uniforms. .. Adidas hit those outta the park.. just put a swoosh on it and be done... I love mixing up the uniforms, and changes to them.. but, for the everyday uniform, just keep it the same... I do like the orange helmet, white strip, white power T idea though...

Reactions: 1 person
Say what? Read the post again:

As far as the new unis go, please keep the present Butch Jones rendition of orange jerseys and white pants with the orange stripes down the legs. For the away games, use white jerseys and white pants with orange stripes. Never bring back the hideous black outline on the numbers. Never use all orange for home games, it's too gaudy and looks better with the white pants. On the other hand, burn the smokey grays, they are not traditional, they are not the school's colors in spite of what some say. They didn't exist prior to the Butch Jones era but are contrived to get ignorant Vol fans to believe they are really a part of school colors. No one has the right to change school colors without putting it to a major vote. As for the Kiffin blacks, or any other black accents, can them forever !

As far as fearing change goes, sure change all you like as long as you're improving something. When perfection is reached, change can only go down hill. When I say never go back to black trim, does that show feer of change? Black trim was worn for years, did not like it at all, advocated for change. As far as the orange helmet is concerned , it may not look too bad, but should not be used due to the established national brand. The national brand should not be screwed with.

Leon, dang man, I am like you, I hate all them new fangled inventions like the horseless carriage, and photographs because they trap your immortal soul in the picture. We need to stay with the tried and true ways of the past that are safe.

Really, the national brand, all things change, we used an interlocking U and T on our helmets at one time, and also on the field. We have had variations of our uni's over the years. I am 52 years old so I am not some college age kid and I personally likey like the gray uni's. I could live enjoy the retro ones we wore against vandy in a pic earlier on here. Live a little brother, no body still dress like they did in the sixties, and wears flat tops. Styles and taste change and evolve, as long as we keep the basic tenets of what it is to be a VOL I am cool with it myself.

Reactions: 4 people
On the radio yesterday they said that Nike came out with the colors that were going to be used...Orange and White, and 50 different shades of Grey. not sure where i can find proof on this. i have been looking everywhere.

Uh...wait...what?

We have had variations of our uni's over the years. I am 52 years old so I am not some college age kid and I personally likey like the gray uni's.

I don't like those old crappy grays. Don't look like Tennessee. However love the evolution of the pure orange and white without black outline. One of the best things about Butch Jones away unis. I like them better than the ones during Majors and Fulmer years. Been a long time since we have had pure orange and white on away uniforms. It's OK for you guys to like the things you do though. I don't mind.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back