Unhappy

DresdenVol

With our fans who are mad about throttling back in the 4th quarter. Chill out people! We just went to our first bowl in a few years..

ICYMI, we WON! Sorry we didn't score more than Oregon did. Great game, great execution, AMAZING win!

Reactions: 11 people
anyone that can't be happy with what they saw today has deeper rooted issues than football.

I guess so. I'm ecstatic with this win! I'm not even sure what I should do now..probably end up surfing the recruiting forums in anticipation for next season. Where is August?

I'm extremely happy with the win and proud of this young VOL team. There are some aspects of the game I don't agree with and as a fan I enjoy throwing my 2 cents in. Seems to me this is why VolNation exists.

Reactions: 2 people
There would have been less chance for injury, and the same result, if Dobbs and Peterman would have taken a knee the last 12 or so plays.

Reactions: 1 person
Vol's came to play today and it showed a glimpse of the future.....winning is.....well, winning is really fun!
Go Vol's, let's have much, much, much more Fun!
Ah, it's been awhile since we tasted a Bowl Victory!

There would have been less chance for injury, and the same result, if Dobbs and Peterman would have taken a knee the last 12 or so plays.

I heard that, I wasn't happy about the last 3-4 min of play calling/ players still playing and risking injury

I am fine with not running up the score, but I am trying to figure out exactly what was going on? I personally feel Dobbs has a long way to go with his arm and could have used the reps, but instead CBJ left him in to take hits on running plays? That's not exactly putting in your second string. I'm just trying to understand the logic. While I'm very happy with the win, illogical coaching decisions can cost us a great deal in the future with some tight games as we have already witnessed.

Reactions: 3 people
I had no problem shutting it down with 5min left, or even letting Iowa get a couple scores to ease the pain a little, but the starters should have been in pajamas at that point. We'd have been screaming for his head , had Dobbs blown his arm or knee out.

With our fans who are mad about throttling back in the 4th quarter. Chill out people! We just went to our first bowl in a few years..

ICYMI, we WON! Sorry we didn't score more than Oregon did. Great game, great execution, AMAZING win!

Coach Jones showed class in not trying to humiliate Iowa. I agree with what he did. Great win!!!!!:pepper

:pepper:

I am fine with not running up the score, but I am trying to figure out exactly what was going on? I personally feel Dobbs has a long way to go with his arm and could have used the reps, but instead CBJ left him in to take hits on running plays? That's not exactly putting in your second string. I'm just trying to understand the logic. While I'm very happy with the win, illogical coaching decisions can cost us a great deal in the future with some tight games as we have already witnessed.

Thank u thank u thank u!!! So many fans on here get their feelings hurt if all of us aren't doing back flips because of the way we won! I'm tickled to death with the win...but the 4th qtr approach from Jones offensively was very very...well I was upset and frustrated.

"QB Dobbs accounts for 3 TDs as Vols smash Hawkeyes in TaxSlayer Bowl"

Sporting News headline - who couldn't be happy reading that!

I had no problem shutting it down with 5min left, or even letting Iowa get a couple scores to ease the pain a little, but the starters should have been in pajamas at that point. We'd have been screaming for his head , had Dobbs blown his arm or knee out.

and it can happen - look at Gurley tearing his ACL in a blowout game but still in with 5 minutes or less to go

At least he didn't play to not lose. I am very happy with the outcome and with the coaching.

VN Store

Back