UGA vs UF cocktail game the landing yessiree

Dawgs have the momentum in the East, therefore a loss to UF puts them into a tailspin. LSU mauled the dawgs physically and it shocked them and their staff. If the gators out muscle UGA, look out and listen to the rumblings in Athens. Nothing like self doubt to wreck things there.
lol so after having the best season for UGA in 30+ years, UGA fans will want kirby gone because they had a young team? Ya, I'm not buying that one. Any rational person could see that UGA would take a step back after losing so much to the draft. Really the only rumblings are about the QB's and that's to be expected after Fromm's poor performance. I think most are starting to see that Fromm was the beneficiary of a stacked backfield and front seven and rode that to the playoff. Hopefully Kirby starts easing in Fields and has him ready for next year.

lol so after having the best season for UGA in 30+ years, UGA fans will want kirby gone because they had a young team? Ya, I'm not buying that one. Any rational person could see that UGA would take a step back after losing so much to the draft. Really the only rumblings are about the QB's and that's to be expected after Fromm's poor performance. I think most are starting to see that Fromm was the beneficiary of a stacked backfield and front seven and rode that to the playoff. Hopefully Kirby starts easing in Fields and has him ready for next year.
Gone? No.

I also haven't heard many UGA fans expecting anything less than Atl and more than likely another trip to the playoffs. UGA fans are no more rational than any other around.

Gone? No.

I also haven't heard many UGA fans expecting anything less than Atl and more than likely another trip to the playoffs. UGA fans are no more rational than any other around.

In my book, because they put up with Mark "I always inexplicably lose one or two I shouldn't every year" Richt for so long, their fan base is certifiable.

Richt was just good enough not to fire a lot of times.

Tremendous recruiter over the long term. Have to give the devil his due.

But every year he disappointed on the field at least once, usually twice. Just could not seem to get it done at UGA and now Miami is seeing his underachieving first hand.

Gone? No.

Most I've talked to expected to win the SECe then lose in the SECC. Too many losses and too young on defense to go further.

Same here...they’ve been almost normal and dare I say rational with regards to expectations this season.
Was that before or after LSU choked em out?

Not that all fans in the same base are alike but I remember them rather confident just a few weeks ago that they had a shot at Bama and a better than 50/50 chance of making it to the playoff. Some we re even miffed that Bama was being talked up as a shoe in for the playoff while they had work to do to get in.

I can see why the expectation has been lowered now, they are still very good but not near what they were last year or what Bama is now.

Was that before or after LSU choked em out?

Not that all fans in the same base are alike but I remember them rather confident just a few weeks ago that they had a shot at Bama and a better than 50/50 chance of making it to the playoff. Some we re even miffed that Bama was being talked up as a shoe in for the playoff while they had work to do to get in.

Believe it or not, it actually started after they played you guys, and after it was evident to anyone paying attention Bama is on another level.

In my book, because they put up with Mark "I always inexplicably lose one or two I shouldn't every year" Richt for so long, their fan base is certifiable.
You were the beneficiary of his egg-laying most of the time too, and when you weren't, South Carolina and/or Tennessee was. When you were struggling there in the early 2010s he took care of you like he should have, but he had already lost multiple games by that point so it didn't matter.

The 2002 game was a killer and cost him a shot at the national title. 2005 as well; they still won the East, but the loss to you cost them a national title shot. The 2008 game is one of the most inexplicable games I've ever seen. They had already lost to Alabama, but still not sure how Matthew Stafford, Knowshon Moreno, A.J. Green, and an offensive line/defense filled with future NFL draft picks lose by 39 in a rivalry game. I know Florida had Tebow but come on.

If UF wins Perine n Scarlett have big days with Perine doing damage on those swing passes against Vandy or Option against LSU every week we roll out a new wrinkle and it works the hell out of a defense

Been fun to watch week to week

The fact that it’s now down to 2 man rotation has these boys ballin mac always had a 3-4 head monster backfield lol it killed their feel for the game now we see how they can really produce when coached and used properly

Have averaged 209 rush yds last 5 with a OL that look completely inept last year thank u Mullen for bringing Hevesy

God I hope everyone at game day picks Georgia if they do it’s a wrap

Last edited:
Not feeling as confident about the game as I was at the beginning of the season and basically view it as a coin flip now. Obviously UGA has to rely on their running game to win, but I didn't realize how much. With Fromm at QB, UGA is 18-0 when getting at least 150 rushing yards from their backs and 0-3 when getting less. If UF is able to stop the run, then UGA will need something more than a game manager at QB.
Auburn
70 rushing yards. Fromm 13/28 184 yards 1:0
Bama
148 rushing yards. Fromm 16/32 232 yards 1:2
LSU
113 rushing yards. Fromm 16/34 209 yards 1:2

so pick a winner and just for my own curiosity give it a little thought just curious in your opinions u watch both teams id imagine

Hell its sec football regardless of teams we at least all try to watch our opponents and root for them to lose

Thanks guys to who ever gives legit response and score pred if u feelin like it much appreciated
Discussion going on in another forum’s thread that you, as a Gator’s fan could shine a light on. Without throwing out a contrived percentage or made up opinion poll, what do you feel would be the overwhelming fanbase reaction if the schools started playing this game at their respective stadiums?

Discussion going on in another forum’s thread that you, as a Gator’s fan could shine a light on. Without throwing out a contrived percentage or made up opinion poll, what do you feel would be the overwhelming fanbase reaction if the schools started playing this game at their respective stadiums?
People would miss going to Jax I imagine

Would be fun to do a home and home once or twice a decade maybe

UGA fans had no problem with the game being played in Jacksonville until the 90s.

Since then there’s been talk of moving the games on campus, or alternating with Atlanta as a neutral site.

I’m a Jacksonville native who grew up watching UGA fans take over the city back in the 70s and 80s, and I’d hate to see the game moved.

UGA fans had no problem with the game being played in Jacksonville until the 90s.

Since then there’s been talk of moving the games on campus, or alternating with Atlanta as a neutral site.

I’m a Jacksonville native who grew up watching UGA fans take over the city back in the 70s and 80s, and I’d hate to see the game moved.
Seems to be a great tradition. Didn’t think anything was special about it growing up in Tennessee since we don’t have anything comparable. Since I’ve been in DFW with the Red River Shootout every year tho...? I think the vast majority of both your fan bases feel similar to you.

VN Store

Back