UGA Troubles Brewing- Isaiah Crowell arrested and dismissed

Kind of reminds me of what happened with Smith and the basketball team a few years ago. Will he be dismissed from the team as well? I'm guessing so

why these idiots feel the need to carry weapons (illegally) and steal laptops, and whatever else stupid crap they do, is beyond me...I did TONS of stupid crap in college, but I was paying my own way and didn't have millions riding on my collegiate actions...good grief

keepin' it real, I suppose...

Reactions: 3 people
If this were a Tennessee player, "BREAKING NEWS" would be posted up in the top left corner on Espn, also scrolling at the bottom with a red wrap around.

:yes:

Reactions: 5 people
Ha! Spurrier was dead on with his comments about playing Georgia early in the year. You can always count on playing Georgia minus a few suspended players early in the year.

I'll be shocked if he is suspended.

so how big a loss would this be considered for UGA?

I thought I had read about their expecting a freshman RB to contribute a bunch immediately (after looking over their commit list...maybe Marshall or Gurly?)

Georgia running back Isaiah Crowell was arrested Friday morning and charged with two felonies and a misdemeanor, according to the Athens-Clarke County Jail Booking report.
Crowell was charged by ACC Police on a felony count of weapon in a school zone, a felony count of altered ID mark and misdemeanor count of possession/carrying a concealed weapon. He was booked at 3:37 a.m. and bond was set at $7,500.

sounds like Tyler Smith. Should get booted.

lol at these college kids packin' guns. Who cares about free education and a good chance of getting paid millions of dollars.....I'd rather ride around with a gun and play thug. ehhh. I don't like Georgia but I hate to see any young man with a bright future ruin his life over something so retarded.

lol at these college kids packin' guns. Who cares about free education and a good chance of getting paid millions of dollars.....I'd rather ride around with a gun and play thug. ehhh. I don't like Georgia but I hate to see any young man with a bright future ruin his life over something so retarded.

agreed, except for the "lol", it's sad really.

The fact that this kinda crap keeps happening everywhere tells me it's going on all the time and plenty of athletes are getting away with living the thug life, packin, stealing, etc, with no consequences. If the only one's who were doing it were getting caught, arrested, and dismissed, then it wouldn't be the problem it is today.

Adding more fuel to the fire:

Mark Schlabach
‏@Mark_Schlabach

Athens-Clarke County Police spokeswoman Hilda Sorrow just told me officers smelled marijuana coming from Crowell's car when he was stopped

The fact that this kinda crap keeps happening everywhere tells me it's going on all the time and plenty of athletes are getting away with living the thug life, packin, stealing, etc, with no consequences. If the only one's who were doing it were getting caught, arrested, and dismissed, then it wouldn't be the problem it is today.

It was pretty common when I was at tech. Football and basketball players were involved in a couple robberies. They'd go rob a drug dealer cause they aren't callin the cops. They had shots fired at campus apartments over a girl, just dumb stuff. If its happening with guys at a small school, what could a player in athens, knoxville or gainesville get away with.

Crowell is talented, but a real head case. He would go out of the game and act hurt every play when he got hit. He is arrogant and has a high regard for himself. I really don't believe UGA was counting on him for much.

images

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back