UGA opens as 7 point favorite

Sucker bet. This is exactly the type of game UT comes out and wins. They could also lay down and lose by 35. No way I put money on any UT game other than vs UF and Bama.

This is how I feel. It wouldnt surprise me if Tennessee comes out, plays great and wins. My brain is telling me we dont have a shot. But my gut says its UT/UGA and the Vols can win it.

Or your first ever start on the road at Notre Dame.

On TV it looked like half of the ND stadium was red....HOPEFULLY Neyland won't look like that on Saturday. I cannot make the game, but PLEASE DO NOT sell your tickets to UGA fans if you don't go to the game.!

I thought it would be more.

Really thought it Would be closer to 10. If Eason was starting it probably would be. If the Team that we have seen the first 4 games shows up it's gonna be over early. It's typically a close game so we will see.

I'm not saying we will win but not buying we get beat down. Odd things happen in this series. This is the kind of game you bring in Georgia native Inky Johnson to fire up the team and let the cards fall where they may.

On TV it looked like half of the ND stadium was red....HOPEFULLY Neyland won't look like that on Saturday. I cannot make the game, but PLEASE DO NOT sell your tickets to UGA fans if you don't go to the game.!

Ha sadly I had to give up my tickets when we moved to the West Coast. BUT I still give the same amount to the AD to make up for it, and I wouldn't EVER have sold t the dawgs!

LOL I remember in 2015 when UGA was about a 5 point favorite. We were coming off the ARK loss and people on here were screaming “TAKE THE DAWGS!! It’s going to be a blow out!” One guy was bragging about how much he put down on UGA. Well... we know how that turned out.

So go ahead all you “Vol fans”, take the “easy money”. Please.

Seems like easy money... Vegas has more faith than most of us do.

Vegas has a dispassionate eye when it comes to forecasting. One thing that leaps off the page about UGA's offense is RB Chubb does not have the stats through four games that Kelly does. Against Notre Dame, 63 total yards rushing, in a beat down against Miss State he had 81 yards rushing, he's not averaging a 100 yards per game through a third of the season where Kelly is. There is something amiss in UGA's offense, does UT understand what it is and can they take advantage of it? Vegas says they can't by at least 7 points, but UGA based on playing so far should be a 2 TD favorite IMO. They know something the rest of us don't, bet this one very carefully.

Reactions: 1 person
I can see UGA winning big, and I can see it being a close game. What I can't see, realistically, is UT winning. We have the talent, but I just don't think the players through individual effort can overcome the shortcomings of this staff. They can beat UGA, they just can't beat UGA and bad coaching. Which, sad to say, is going to happen.

So...always a Vol fan, and looking forward to the day...when it finally does come...when UGA in Neyland is a game worth traveling to see.

Go Vols.

Vegas has a dispassionate eye when it comes to forecasting. One thing that leaps off the page about UGA's offense is RB Chubb does not have the stats through four games that Kelly does. Against Notre Dame, 63 total yards rushing, in a beat down against Miss State he had 81 yards rushing, he's not averaging a 100 yards per game through a third of the season where Kelly is. There is something amiss in UGA's offense, does UT understand what it is and can they take advantage of it? Vegas says they can't by at least 7 points, but UGA based on playing so far should be a 2 TD favorite IMO. They know something the rest of us don't, bet this one very carefully.

UGA uses as many as 4 RB's. UT has 2 "go to's". Look at the team numbers. UGA is 203/game. UT is 157/game.

I don't even want to compare defense against the run, but if you insist...UGA allows 122/game. UT is 283. Of course, that includes the GT game, so if we just look at UMass, the number was 147.

Either way, and both ways, Advantage: UGA.

Go Vols.

Edit: I don't bet, and if I did I still would never bet against the Vols.

Last edited:
Kinda new here, can someone tell me how to quote someone where it shows on the screen in the rectangular box with "originally posted by", instead of the "quote" followed by a bunch of syntax ?

VN Store

Back