UGA having problems also

Rain games at Neyland are fun when Vols win. Remember this.

uf92pap.jpg

I was at that game. It was great. The one in the rain against the Gators 10 years later, not so much.

I agree 100%! I wonder if UGA losing to a "strugging Tennessee team" will put his job in immediate jeopardy? what do ya'll think?

ESPN lists this week CMR as one of the coaches feeling some heat. Once UT wins Saturday it will really heat up down in Athens!

Mark Richt, Georgia (3-2). Seems heretical to even mention this super-consistent winner -- but Year 9 hasn't started too splendidly, and there might be some mutual fatigue between coach and fans.

ncf_i_mricht2_200.jpg

Could the time be right for Mark Richt and Georgia to head in different directions?
LeGarrette Blount, Tate Forcier, Clemson Tigers, LSU Tigers and the art of the apology - ESPN

CMR's quotes from today - he's scared.

"It's Tennessee week and we are going to the big orange house. I guess this will be the fifth time that I've gone there as head coach at Georgia, and it never gets any easier. They have an unbelievable atmosphere there. We have to do our best to try to help educate our young players of what it's going to be like. Until you go there, you just don't really get it. We've had a couple of away games and the atmospheres have been outstanding, but when you get the numbers over 100,000 it does make a difference. We have to get our guys ready for that. Last time we played away, we had a rain day that Thursday and did not get in the stadium and did not get the noise. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but as it turned out at Arkansas we probably jumped offsides five or six times. I don't know if it was that many and it could have been more; I don't know, but more than you would like. That's probably the reason you go to the stadium on Thursday, to get the crowd noise issue taken care of. This is a game where both teams want to get back on track. We certainly had a tough ball game this last week. All of our games have been tough to this point. All of our games have been close. To come out on the losing end after winning three thrillers was a little tough to swallow. The bottom line is Tennessee is not going to feel sorry for us. We can't feel sorry for ourselves.

CMR's quotes from today - he's scared.

"It's Tennessee week and we are going to the big orange house. I guess this will be the fifth time that I've gone there as head coach at Georgia, and it never gets any easier. They have an unbelievable atmosphere there. We have to do our best to try to help educate our young players of what it's going to be like. Until you go there, you just don't really get it. We've had a couple of away games and the atmospheres have been outstanding, but when you get the numbers over 100,000 it does make a difference. We have to get our guys ready for that. Last time we played away, we had a rain day that Thursday and did not get in the stadium and did not get the noise. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but as it turned out at Arkansas we probably jumped offsides five or six times. I don't know if it was that many and it could have been more; I don't know, but more than you would like. That's probably the reason you go to the stadium on Thursday, to get the crowd noise issue taken care of. This is a game where both teams want to get back on track. We certainly had a tough ball game this last week. All of our games have been tough to this point. All of our games have been close. To come out on the losing end after winning three thrillers was a little tough to swallow. The bottom line is Tennessee is not going to feel sorry for us. We can't feel sorry for ourselves.

So much smoke. Richt is 3-1 at Neyland.

Nothing confirmed but there are rumors that Caleb King has a broken jaw and will be out for a few weeks.

That is true and he also has a concussion. Richard Samuel is suppose to get the start. Richt also said that JC is the BEST QB they havn't gotten. Wow.

Georgia by the way is 12th in the conference in rushing. Odds are now Vols giving up 2 points.

I was at that game. It was great. The one in the rain against the Gators 10 years later, not so much.

Great game. I had great seats that day. Atmosphere was great, especially in the monsoon of the second half. Todd Kelly was a monster.

It was the game that got Majors fired though (in reality).

And it was the game that started the Fulmer era (and it was a great way to start; Philip did have a good run there for awhile. I wish he could have pulled it off in 2001....)

Doesn't matter. Crompton will give UGA at least 7 pts and that's enough for UGA to win. Sorry guys but the rough ride through the month of October is just beginning. Hold on tight, this place will be pandamonium by the end of the month.

And with quotes like this, its no wonder, UT has the best fans in america

Great game. I had great seats that day. Atmosphere was great, especially in the monsoon of the second half. Todd Kelly was a monster.

It was the game that got Majors fired though (in reality).

And it was the game that started the Fulmer era (and it was a great way to start; Philip did have a good run there for awhile. I wish he could have pulled it off in 2001....)

It was a great game, despite the deluge. I sat in the top row of the stadium straddling the 50 yd line. It was like watching game film. The last time we really thumped the Gators. I think you are right that it was the game tha launched the Fulmer error, and you could also look back and mark the 2002 loss as the beginning of the end for Fulmer. We were a top 5 team that had beaten UF in the Swamp, playing at home against the start of the Zook era. I had never been so confident going into a UF game and we were down 24-0 at halftime. UT hasn't been that high as a program since that game.

Check the SEC stats. UGA is under us except in punting, and of course pass effenciency and pass offense. And oh yes they average giving up 3/4 yard less on KO defense. We may have a chance.

The team stats are skewed somewhat because UGA hasn't played any cupcakes comparable to WKU and Ohio, but the point is well taken. They are very comparable to us. A lot of close games that either side can win. Another yard against UCLA and we have the same records.

VN Store

Back