UFC Thread

I think it'll be close. DC beat Roy Nelson. Bigfoot was 16-2 when DC KO'd him. Frank Mir is no slouch, either.

If DC wins this, he's arguably the GOAT. Has Stipe fought anybody on DC's level?

Cormier will be the best wrestler Stipe has faced, but he’s fought better strikers and Werdum’s Jiu-Jitsu is as good as the heavyweight division has seen, although the fight didn’t make it that far. I think Stipe lights Cormier up on the feet, and his wrestling is good enough that Cormier won’t be able to keep him in his back all night.

Cormier will be the best wrestler Stipe has faced, but he’s fought better strikers and Werdum’s Jiu-Jitsu is as good as the heavyweight division has seen, although the fight didn’t make it that far. I think Stipe lights Cormier up on the feet, and his wrestling is good enough that Cormier won’t be able to keep him in his back all night.

It's all about the wrestling. If it's a signifficant mismatch, DC probably wins. If it's not, Stipe will likely KO him. I could see DC catching him, but only if the threat of a takedown is something Stipe over-defends.

I just have no idea how good his wrestling is.

Fun fact the 3 guys you named are a combined 9-21 since they fought DC with 2 of those wins and loses coming against each other.

Fun fact the 3 guys you named are a combined 9-21 since they fought DC with 2 of those wins and loses coming against each other.

Yeah, he caught them on the tail end. I think Roy and Silva were still very good when he fought them. Silva took so much damage from Hunt and got KO'd by Cain x2. He's never been the same.

Yeah, he caught them on the tail end. I think Roy and Silva were still very good when he fought them. Silva took so much damage from Hunt and got KO'd by Cain x2. He's never been the same.

Or maybe he just killed their careers. Another fun fact the last 7 HWs he fought are a combined 42-50. I'm not going farther back than that. Lol I actually think his best win was probably Barnett, who went on to beat 2 of the 3 you named after he lost to DC.

Roidless JDS and Reem, glassiest of jaws Arlovski...and you could say Stipe has caught people at yge right time too. But honestly throw out Cain for injuries and

Stipe and DC are here while all other HWs are...

Here.

Roidless JDS and Reem, glassiest of jaws Arlovski...and you could say Stipe has caught people at yge right time too. But honestly throw out Cain for injuries and

Stipe and DC are here while all other HWs are

Here.

HW has definitely been a dinosaur division lately. One thing to consider is Stipe has fought all those guys in the last 4.5 years and DC stopped fighting them 4.5 years ago. Bigfoot was almost 7 years ago.

I hope so. MM needs to do it for his legacy and I suppose TJ would do it for the money and to hide from a CG rematch.

Hide? TJ absolutely earned and deserved that win. And he deserves to get a shot at someone like DJ. Went through the gauntlet and back while Cody shot through in under a year.

Hide? TJ absolutely earned and deserved that win. And he deserves to get a shot at someone like DJ. Went through the gauntlet and back while Cody shot through in under a year.

Regardless, he said he doesn't wanna fight Cody which is the fight that makes the most sense within his weight class. It's also the $ fight in his weight class. So yeah...."hide".

Regardless, he said he doesn't wanna fight Cody which is the fight that makes the most sense within his weight class. It's also the $ fight in his weight class. So yeah...."hide".

Not sure. It's definitely a fight I'd like to see again, but there's other options too. Rivera and Cruz should be rebooked ASAP. Cody has options in Moraes or even Assuncao. It's not like Cody was a dominant champ or lost a close fight to TJ. I'm not sure a rematch immediately is necessary. We all know it'll happen eventually with their beef before the 1st fight.

If there was ever a division and situation where a money fight is fine, this is is. DJ has no one in his division. TJ has run through a gauntlet and is finally the champ. There are contenders jockeying to fight him. DJ and TJ makes sense unlike GSP/Bisping.

Cody doesn't really deserve a rematch (tho he was winning when he got caught), it's just the best fight.

Rivera has a nice record but a decision over Almeida is his best win.

MM is the only fight that makes as much sense as a rematch to me.

Cody doesn't really deserve a rematch (tho he was winning when he got caught), it's just the best fight.

Rivera has a nice record but a decision over Almeida is his best win.

MM is the only fight that makes as much sense as a rematch to me.

I would just hate to rush that Cody/TJ fight. I kinda hope Cody wins the next just so we see a third, but I don't care. The 135 division as some real talent so I think it'll be fine even if Cody loses.

I hope Cody wins because I hate TJ.

If only Cody could trash talk at all. It was somewhat painful at times going back and forth with Dom and then TJ. Cody is legit but could do so much better getting attention to his division he if promoted himself better.

If only Cody could trash talk at all. It was somewhat painful at times going back and forth with Dom and then TJ. Cody is legit but could do so much better getting attention to his division he if promoted himself better.

Cause he's dumb as a rock. Normally I want people that stupid too lose, because I think they should all be banished to an island to spare us of their stupidity...but TJ is such a douche bag.

I don't get the TJ hate though?

I just think he's fake. For a little while, I believed him that there was nothing wrong with the way he left TAM, but now many more people have opened up about it and he just seems like a phony. Be a bad guy if you're a bad guy, and I'll love you. Don't act like you're the high road guy and then scream in a guy's face right after you KO'd him. He's also got no personality. At least Cody has that.

I just think he's fake. For a little while, I believed him that there was nothing wrong with the way he left TAM, but now many more people have opened up about it and he just seems like a phony. Be a bad guy if you're a bad guy, and I'll love you. Don't act like you're the high road guy and then scream in a guy's face right after you KO'd him. He's also got no personality. At least Cody has that.

What made that even worse was Cody was completely out of it. Most fights you see some sort of respect for each other after the fight........none given there.

Conversely, I think Cody has been a complete idiot about the way he's treated the TJD TAM departure, but he's that way because he's loyal, probably to a fault. His wrongness is made up for by the fact that his heart is in the right place.

VN Store

Back