UFC Thread

Sheesh. Over the bar fight?

Yeah. He was leaving a courthouse (for something unrelated) 2 days ago and he said "come and get me" to the media before he sped off in his car.

My first instinct is it seems like a publicity stunt but the cartel can't afford to look weak for the sake of McG's ego, so I don't really know what to make of it.

Glass Chin + Freaky Alien Power =

200.gif

Aldo really got worked there. He had no power, wasted all his energy throwing bombs at air, and then was completely lost when Max pushed the pace.

Teymur was nicely executing a lateral stick and move strategy for 3 minutes and Herb Dean gave him a warning for running...

...McG literally ran backwards for 25 minutes against Diaz, no warning.

Can we find some middle ground?

Teymur was nicely executing a lateral stick and move strategy for 3 minutes and Herb Dean gave him a warning for running...

...McG literally ran backwards for 25 minutes against Diaz, no warning.

Can we find some middle ground?

Herb had a pretty rough night...

Whittaker is likely going to fight Rockhold next. MFer had to walk through fire just to get a shot at the interim, doesn't get the money fight against Bisping or GSP, and now has to make his first title defense against the guy most capable of beating him. Seriously, **** GSP.

Since the more stringent testing, Aldo and several other Brazilians have looked like absolute garbage. Please stop giving the "usual suspects" big fights. It's obvious these guys aren't the same anymore...

Since the more stringent testing, Aldo and several other Brazilians have looked like absolute garbage. Please stop giving the "usual suspects" big fights. It's obvious these guys aren't the same anymore...

Brazilians as a whole are nothing like they used to be. Aldo, Silva, Machida, Belfort, Werdum, etc etc. All have taken huge losses and are more or less shells of their former selves. It doesn't help that they are all getting older, but the level of fighters everywhere else has caught up and we are seeing more and more well rounded fighters.

Brazilians as a whole are nothing like they used to be. Aldo, Silva, Machida, Belfort, Werdum, etc etc. All have taken huge losses and are more or less shells of their former selves. It doesn't help that they are all getting older, but the level of fighters everywhere else has caught up and we are seeing more and more well rounded fighters.

In addition to juice, Brazil's biggest advantage was BJJ and now that everybody has some level of BJJ training, that advantage has disappeared.

Dana says wrestling is the best foundation for MMA, but I look at it differently. In order to compete in wrestling at a high level, you gotta be tough and you are probably a great athlete. That's the most important foundation for success. Now teach that guy BJJ (which he can pretty much master inside of 5 years) and who wins? The guy who is all arms and legs and needs a gi to execute at his best?

Whittaker is likely going to fight Rockhold next. MFer had to walk through fire just to get a shot at the interim, doesn't get the money fight against Bisping or GSP, and now has to make his first title defense against the guy most capable of beating him. Seriously, **** GSP.

Rockhold may be the most skilled middleweight, but he doesn't have a great chin, and he didn't look as good as I thought he would in his last performance. I wouldn't be totally shocked if Rockhold wins, but I can see Whittaker putting him away.

Rockhold may be the most skilled middleweight, but he doesn't have a great chin, and he didn't look as good as I thought he would in his last performance. I wouldn't be totally shocked if Rockhold wins, but I can see Whittaker putting him away.

Whittaker is a small MW and that didn't matter that much against Souza and Romero because he's more skilled than them and he hits like a truck. Rockhold is very skilled and he's a big MW. Whittaker needs to KO him. I don't see him winning any other way.

Whittaker is a small MW and that didn't matter that much against Souza and Romero because he's more skilled than them and he hits like a truck. Rockhold is very skilled and he's a big MW. Whittaker needs to KO him. I don't see him winning any other way.

I agree with this. I think that there is a good chance Whittaker does catch him. It's a really interesting fight.

UFC Fresno tonight. Ortega is a really fun guy to watch. He's a top notch jiu-jitsu guy and developing striker. Going up against Cub Swanson, who allows brings his chaotic and wild style on the feet. Meh card outside that main event.

Lots of unfamiliar fighters on this card, which means some guys will be looking to make a name for themselves.

VN Store

Back