UCF National Championship Parade

Good for them.

The system is rigged in favor of the P5, if they aren't going to let a 13-0 team participate in the system then the NCAA should have a separate play-off for those schools.

They do it for the divisions below, works fine and is a hell of a lot more fair than a 4 team playoff.

Reactions: 2 people
Good for them.

The system is rigged in favor of the P5, if they aren't going to let a 13-0 team participate in the system then the NCAA should have a separate play-off for those schools.

They do it for the divisions below, works fine and is a hell of a lot more fair than a 4 team playoff.

The NCAA doesn't run the FBS postseason. The Group of 5 could start a playoff whenever they'd like.

The NCAA doesn't run the FBS postseason. The Group of 5 could start a playoff whenever they'd like.

That's why I specifically said the NCAA should do it...and why I said the FBS system is rigged.

You want to know who won't like it...the bowls.

That's why I specifically said the NCAA should do it...and why I said the FBS system is rigged.

Why would the NCAA step in to create a system the Group of 5 schools don't want?

You want to know who won't like it...the bowls.

Why would the bowls not like it? You aren't making much sense.

UCF is undefeated and did something bama couldn't do and that is beat Auburn, the SEC runner up. They also beat the SEC West Division champion and the Alabama state champion.

I don't see anything wrong with what they are doing. Why not claim a National title.

Bama claims one every year.

UCF is undefeated and did something bama couldn't do and that is beat Auburn, the SEC runner up. They also beat the SEC West Division champion and the Alabama state champion.

Too bad they didn't do any of that when it might have mattered.

Why would the NCAA step in to create a system the Group of 5 schools don't want?

Why would the bowls not like it? You aren't making much sense.

The Group of 5 schools should want it...the only thing I wonder would be should they let the NCAA run it, like DII, or should the break completely apart, set up their own with TV rights and all, just like the P5...then, refuse to play the P5 in the regular season.

And when I say, set up their own, I mean a real play-off, 16, 24, etc... teams with the highest seeds playing at home for the first rounds, those teams wouldn't play in the lower tier bowl games which means they won't lose all the money associated with the bowl experience...

Obviously, this is just an off the top of my head blue print...

The Group of 5 schools should want it...the only thing I wonder would be should they let the NCAA run it, like DII, or should the break completely apart, set up their own with TV rights and all, just like the P5...then, refuse to play the P5 in the regular season.

That suggestion is dead on arrival. The G5 schools have to get their paycheck games with the Power 5 or they won't be able to afford to keep playing.

And when I say, set up their own, I mean a real play-off, 16, 24, etc... teams with the highest seeds playing at home for the first rounds, those teams wouldn't play in the lower tier bowl games which means they won't lose all the money associated with the bowl experience...

Obviously, this is just an off the top of my head blue print...

Are you still expecting schools to play 12 regular season games AND a 4 or 5 round playoff?

Last edited:
That suggestion is dead on arrival. The G5 schools have to get their paycheck games with the Power 5 or they won't be able to afford to keep playing.

Are you still expecting schools to play 12 regular season games AND a 5 or 5 round playoff?

No, they would have 10 game schedules, like DII and it would be over before X-Mas, so the players can be at home with their families...that's another component, it should be set up in a "what's best for the athletes" way.

In other words...There are good things about the way the lower divisions do things with the NCAA, but obviously the way the P5 retain their TV rights is also a plus. I think the money they could make doing their own thing would off set the money they make from playing P5 schools...

In this case they are penalizing UCF for not playing Ga. Tech though it was out of their control...they scheduled Maryland, Cincinnati and Navy in addition, won those games...

You seem to think a team in this situation should just take the hand out and be happy. This may not be the best solution, but the BCS was far more fair than this to those schools...this is why I don't have an issue with them claiming whatever they want, they earned it, but the big boys say they can't even participate...even if they went to an 8 team playoff these guys still wouldn't have gotten in, even though they just beat a team with the best schedule in college football and beat both teams in the CG.

No, they would have 10 game schedules, like DII and it would be over before X-Mas, so the players can be at home with their families...that's another component, it should be set up in a "what's best for the athletes" way.

In other words...There are good things about the way the lower divisions do things with the NCAA, but obviously the way the P5 retain their TV rights is also a plus. I think the money they could make doing their own thing would off set the money they make from playing P5 schools...

In this case they are penalizing UCF for not playing Ga. Tech though it was out of their control...they scheduled Maryland, Cincinnati and Navy in addition, won those games...

You seem to think a team in this situation should just take the hand out and be happy. This may not be the best solution, but the BCS was far more fair than this to those schools...this is why I don't have an issue with them claiming whatever they want, they earned it, but the big boys say they can't even participate...even if they went to an 8 team playoff these guys still wouldn't have gotten in, even though they just beat a team with the best schedule in college football and beat both teams in the CG.

They beat a team that was disappointed being in the game against them while they were extremely fired up to play the game...It is entirely different level of intensity then if they faced Auburn during the regular season and especially if it was during the playoffs. I wish they would only accept teams into the playoffs that are in conferences to be eligible. Then take every conference champion and those are the only teams in the playoffs.

So, not only are they going to sacrifice the revenue from playing the Power 5, but all but the 8 to 12 that get to host early playoff rounds will sacrifice revenue from home games.

I would love to see your projections for how much money a G5 playoff would generate. Keep in mind, the G5 conferences get a cut of the current playoff even if they don't get to play in it. So that's another chunk of cash that has to get replaced.

The GT game had no bearing on UCF getting in, because GT sucked, as did Maryland. They played Cincy (who sucked) and Navy in-conference. They didn't play a ranked opponent until the AAC title game.

You seem to think a team in this situation should just take the hand out and be happy. This may not be the best solution, but the BCS was far more fair than this to those schools...

How do you figure? The BCS didn't guarantee a spot for the G5 schools.

this is why I don't have an issue with them claiming whatever they want, they earned it, but the big boys say they can't even participate...even if they went to an 8 team playoff these guys still wouldn't have gotten in, even though they just beat a team with the best schedule in college football and beat both teams in the CG.

They beat that team AFTER the playoff was set. It had no bearing on their playoff resume.

They beat a team that was disappointed being in the game against them while they were extremely fired up to play the game...It is entirely different level of intensity then if they faced Auburn during the regular season and especially if it was during the playoffs. I wish they would only accept teams into the playoffs that are in conferences to be eligible. Then take every conference champion and those are the only teams in the playoffs.

That's why Auburn fans are screaming for Malzahn's head this week...it's the job. Kiffin did the same thing here...flat, didn't want to be there.

If the P5 aren't going to let those teams in the playoffs then they should go back to a 10 game regular season, 8 conference games with 2 games from other P5 schools and expand the playoff. Conference champs and some at large bids.

So, not only are they going to sacrifice the revenue from playing the Power 5, but all but the 8 to 12 that get to host early playoff rounds will sacrifice revenue from home games.

I would love to see your projections for how much money a G5 playoff would generate. Keep in mind, the G5 conferences get a cut of the current playoff even if they don't get to play in it. So that's another chunk of cash that has to get replaced.

The GT game had no bearing on UCF getting in, because GT sucked, as did Maryland. They played Cincy (who sucked) and Navy in-conference. They didn't play a ranked opponent until the AAC title game.

How do you figure? The BCS didn't guarantee a spot for the G5 schools.

They beat that team AFTER the playoff was set. It had no bearing on their playoff resume.

They could not have known when they scheduled the games that the teams would suck...they took what they could get and beat them all...no let downs.

In the BCS, there were more polls, some computer generated, more input...

Like I said earlier, it's off the top of my head...If I was going to start somewhere it would be with a statement of mission.

"The P5 wants autonomy. Let's give it to them." You do your thing and we'll do ours." You play P5 teams. We'll be alright.

The truth is it would be better for everyone.

They could not have known when they scheduled the games that the teams would suck...they took what they could get and beat them all...no let downs.

Either your resume matters or it doesn't. If it doesn't, why schedule anyone who might be decent?

In the BCS, there were more polls, some computer generated, more input...

The polls and computers are still around. UCF would have still wouldn't have sniffed the BCS. They would have played in the Fiesta.

Like I said earlier, it's off the top of my head...If I was going to start somewhere it would be with a statement of mission.

"The P5 wants autonomy. Let's give it to them." You do your thing and we'll do ours." You play P5 teams. We'll be alright.

Again, that is not possible.

The truth is it would be better for everyone.

That is the opposite of the truth.

That's why Auburn fans are screaming for Malzahn's head this week...it's the job. Kiffin did the same thing here...flat, didn't want to be there.

If the P5 aren't going to let those teams in the playoffs then they should go back to a 10 game regular season, 8 conference games with 2 games from other P5 schools and expand the playoff. Conference champs and some at large bids.

The smaller conferences can get there but need at least one big upset to prove they belong and people should take them seriously......I think Malzahn and Auburn Fans cared alot about the game but getting college kids to care about a meaningless game in which you dont want to be at is another story. How many kids chose to just sit them out the bowl games instead of risking injury?

Either your resume matters or it doesn't. If it doesn't, why schedule anyone who might be decent?

The polls and computers are still around. UCF would have still wouldn't have sniffed the BCS. They would have played in the Fiesta.

Again, that is not possible.

That is the opposite of the truth.

We'll have to agree to disagree I guess. I can absolutely see why you are happy with the current set up and can absolutely see why UCF is not.

I am speaking for myself here. I would rather play our 8 conference games and play 2 more P5 schools, we still play you guys, so however that gets worked out and then P5 schools must schedule 2 more games versus P5 opponents.

That's true autonomy, I bet Saban would be for going back to 10 games and doing right by the players as opposed to the giant money grab we have going on now. Expand the playoffs to 8 teams at first, with the four highest seeds getting home games...which half the fans would appreciate.

Just spit balling my Bama friend. :)

The smaller conferences can get there but need at least one big upset to prove they belong and people should take them seriously......I think Malzahn and Auburn Fans cared alot about the game but getting college kids to care about a meaningless game in which you dont want to be at is another story. How many kids chose to just sit them out the bowl games instead of risking injury?

The ones that are thinking they are 1st rounders...stupid to do otherwise.

In the history of the G5 schools getting into BCS/NY6 bowls, they have won more often than not.

You could look at that and assume that the G5 schools are every bit as good as the Power 5. Or, you could look at it and acknowledge that they are typically playing a team that just missed out on a title and isn't terribly motivated. It's all hypothetical, of course.

VN Store

Back