U.S. Launches Millitary Strike Against Syria (merged)

Do you agree with Trump's decision to strike Syria?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I support limited, effective strikes, against military targets used to launch planes and deploy chemical weapons against innocent civilians.

Agreed. They can put the Tomahawk in any window of their choosing on a building from 1000 miles away. You cannot sit back and watch any army use chemical weapons in war especially when used on civilians.

Last thing I heard last night was structures and fuel depots were hit at this airfield but not the runway itself. Im guessing Russia uses this runway since we left it alone or it would be unusable this morning.

I'll echo my comment in another thread.. yes, and only because Mattis was reported to have been one of the main people advising him. I trust him over pretty much everybody else.

Reactions: 2 people
Mods feel free to merge w the other Syria thread, just wanted to get a poll going

As has been covered/reported multiple times, the Russians were given advance notice of the strikes.

So if your jerk neighbor tells you in advance that he's gonna run over your mail box with his car, and then he gets in his car and runs over your mail box, you're OK with that because he gave you advanced warning? :thud:

Reactions: 1 person
So if your jerk neighbor tells you in advance that he's gonna run over your mail box with his car, and then he gets in his car and runs over your mail box, you're OK with that because he gave you advanced warning? :thud:

I'd move my mailbox?

Wow.

They were either told gtfo of this airfield or stay on this certain side of it where we're not aiming.

People that were gassed but could still talk.

I know it's a screwed up situation but you cannot allow gas to be used for any reason anywhere in the world.

Well, like I have said in another thread the rebels don't have any fixed wing aircraft. All the witnesses are saying they saw a plane fly over and drop this.

A plane could have hit a chemical weapons munition or it could have been a opportune time for the rebels to release the chemical weapons. Assad knows he's on the radar for this and what the repercussions would be. He would have to be very stupid to do this.

Yes. Chemical warfare is unacceptable and should be dealt with severely. If no one else in the international community is going to step up, then it is on us.

did we strike Russian property? Nom Your analogy is inaccurate.

Reactions: 2 people
If nothing else it shows Trump has a pretty short fuse. I'm not condemning him. He's the president and this was a crime against humanity. I hope it will prevent future chemical attacks.

Do I agree with his decision? I agree he needed to do something. It was as good as anything I can think of.

Did the Syrian military have warning?

Syrian military officials appeared to anticipate Thursday's night raid on Syria 's Shayrat airbase, evacuating personnel and moving equipment ahead of the strike, according to an eyewitness to the strike, ABC News is reporting.

Yet, Trump scolded reporters two days before, telling them he wasn't going to tell anyone what he was going to do militarily. The president made his remarks during a press conference at the White House on Wednesday with King Abdullah II of Jordan.

“I’m not saying I’m doing anything one way or the other, but I’m certainly not going to be telling you,” Trump said.

So, just to play devil's advocate, if our goal was to actually really hurt Syria militarily, didn't Trump defeat that purpose by giving Russia a heads-up that we were attacking the Syrian airbase? If we gave the Russians *enough time* to get their personnel out of harm's way, then didn't that also allow Syria time to potentially scramble some of their jets? If these are military pilots, many of them were likely on the base and capable of scrambling their jet off the base in a matter of minutes... that's what they're designed to do.

The initial number of destroyed jets I've read is 9. This airbase had far more than that onsite.

Seems to me this demonstrates that our missile strike was more a 'show of power' than a real attempt to really harm the Syrian air force. Yep. We're still the freshest smelling military on the face of the Earth, by God.

Reactions: 3 people
Leaning to no but not 100% sure.

The use of gas cannot be tolerated by the world community. Owimps 'red line' was no line, so it became tacit acceptance.

However, I believe this may should have been a measured response by a multinational coalition with eastern Mediterranean support instead of a US unilateral action.

VN Store

Back