U.S. Launches Millitary Strike Against Syria (merged)

Do you agree with Trump's decision to strike Syria?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Confronted does not require occupation in a place that does not want us occupying it.

I'm all about going in, kicking them in the balls in their front yard and heading back home. No reason for getting involved in a perpetual war that's been going on long before we arrived.

The 50's dad strategy. If you f' with me or my family I'm going to beat the crap out of you. Do it again and you'll get another, worse beating.

Reactions: hog88
Nope. But if you believe militant Islam is a thing that must be militarily confronted, there's one of the hot spots. Or it will be again, if abandoned. The Taliban is already taking over.

Begs the question - if the Taliban is already taking over what will a small number of troops accomplish? We can't make them nice people, we can't make them observe human rights for their own people, we can't change their culture or economy. All we can reasonably do is make them understand that if they get out of line the consequences will be severe.

I'm with Grand. Get out and if they mess with us or things we protect then punish them harshly.

Begs the question - if the Taliban is already taking over what will a small number of troops accomplish? We can't make them nice people, we can't make them observe human rights for their own people, we can't change their culture or economy. All we can reasonably do is make them understand that if they get out of line the consequences will be severe.

I'm with Grand. Get out and if they mess with us or things we protect then punish them harshly.
It’s almost like the place is just going to be a shithole no matter what we do so we need to tell them keep your shithole mentality inside your shithole nation or if you can’t keep it there make sure it doesn’t come near us then we don’t care.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol

I agree with the sentiment, but when you say "things we protect", do you mean like other "allies" in the region like Pakistan, KSA or Israel?

I agree with the sentiment, but when you say "things we protect", do you mean like other "allies" in the region like Pakistan, KSA or Israel?
The thing we protect is Oil.
Without it nobody would care.
Pro-west regimes must be kept in power.
Whatever the cost, wherever the threat.
IMHO to think otherwise is foolish.

The thing we protect is Oil.
Without it nobody would care.
Pro-west regimes must be kept in power.
Whatever the cost, wherever the threat.
IMHO to think otherwise is foolish.
Are you serious?

We have oil in this hemisphere... and plenty of it. Plus, instead of us trying to sell our natural gas to Western Europe in order to c*ckblock the Russians, we could be using those resources domestically.

Are you serious?

We have oil in this hemisphere... and plenty of it. Plus, instead of us trying to sell our natural gas to Western Europe in order to c*ckblock the Russians, we could be using those resources domestically.
The oil is not for us, I never said it was, it is for the rest of the world.
We are now a net exporter.
The US will never allow the petroleum market to fall to the Axis of Evil. Japan brought the US into a world war over an oil embargo. Countries today are equally dependent.

The base that was being "threatened" is in Syria oil-rich eastern region, which for years American forces have occupied in support of Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF). In the same area lies the country's largest oil facility, al-Omar oil field, as well as Conoco gas field - both under US-SDF control, something Damascus and Moscow have long condemned as an illegal occupation presence intent on blocking Syria from its own vital energy resources.

This is outright theft. This is a gangster country we have.

VN Store

Back