Tyndall on Woodson: "He will not push himself through fatigue"

The comment you are replying to didn't say anything about players being pushed. He was specifically referring to going to the media which I also think is a bad move. I am all for riding a kid who needs the constant motivation. My own kids require it for school work and etc. But embarrassment as motivation is a dangerous game to play in my opinion. It rarely works and gives outsiders a poor opinion of you deserved or not.

You push them in the way that reaches the kid.....Dom has a real good chance of wasting his immense talent if CDT wasn't doing this. I feel like if he doesn't do this then this particular kid will not make it. Calling out his weight loss seems to have worked as he has almost reached those goals set for him.

He needs to get down to 265 to be a factor this year. At 280 he want have the stamina to play very long and Tyndall want play him unless he shows in practice he can hang in there at least seven or eight minutes going all out. I don't know how much we'll see him this season hopefully he can get it together guy his size could be a dominating force.

He needs to get down to 265 to be a factor this year. At 280 he want have the stamina to play very long and Tyndall want play him unless he shows in practice he can hang in there at least seven or eight minutes going all out. I don't know how much we'll see him this season hopefully he can get it together guy his size could be a dominating force.

He's already down to about 270, weight doesn't seem to be the issue anymore, seems more mental.

The timing of the comments is important. He hasn't played a single game for Tennessee yet. Hopefully, he'll get tougher as the season progresses and be even better next year. Tyndall can use these comments later to emphasize how much he's improved through the season and from year to year. We shall see.

wussification of America is evident in this thread.

Dom has had trouble everywhere he has been. Was released from Memphis. Has been overweight. Has had a questionable attitude.
And his new coach that already has him on the right track for the first time in his basketball career talks about his inability to fight through fatigue, and you guys cry about it.
Again, part of the wussification of America and hurt feewings.

Reactions: 1 person
wussification of America is evident in this thread.

Dom has had trouble everywhere he has been. Was released from Memphis. Has been overweight. Has had a questionable attitude.
And his new coach that already has him on the right track for the first time in his basketball career talks about his inability to fight through fatigue, and you guys cry about it.
Again, part of the wussification of America and hurt feewings.

We are in the "everyone gets a trophy" era.

VN Store

Back