Tua Tagovaiola and the Bama offense

To illustrate with another sport...They have recruited 'LeBron James' types for 10 years while most everyone else has recruited "Nate Robinsons'. Good player, but not in the same league with James.

I believe that this team tips the scales in how far Bama can push their obvious cheating and the sec's obvious favoritism of them. It's not about my team getting waxed. Rationally evaluate what we are seeing on the field. Bear could recruit unlimited scholarship players. Sign 100 guys per year when most colleges didn't even try and he couldn't dominate like this. College football has never had more parity, yet somehow Bama puts together an unpralled dynasty based on physical superiority? How does make sense? It's azz backwards.. unless..

At what point will it stop? Does bama need to start putting up 100 at the half before people start questioning why their players physically develop 2-3x faster than every other player and team in college? How many years does their OL need to go without a holding call before people start raising their eyebrow?

I guess they are just better at lifting weights than every other team in the country year in and out? I guess their 19 to 21yr kids are just that more disciplined every single year for 12yrs than everyone else's?

Makes sense. It makes sense that kids that go there never make mistakes on it off the field. That they always develop into perfect physical specimens. Makes sense.

Tua was worth the price of the ticket today. He had a few throws that were a bit off that showed he was human, but for the most part he was throwing dimes...really nice touch, great instincts, and amazing vision.

The sad thing is he isn't even eligible for the NFL this year....we have to get a whole other season with him destroying CFB

Reactions: bpalmer28
Warrior should've had that interception. Of all the single plays today I would've loved to see him haul that in just to put an INT on Tua's record. It's not the first INT that Warrior has dropped this year.

Reactions: 08Vol and RollerVol
Nobody is close. OSU is struggling with Purdue. Bama would beat any other team in the NCAA by 21.

Ohio State would turn into Mizzou if they played in the SEC. They recruit well, but always end up getting blown out by some middling team. That wouldn't fly in the South. If they had to go up against the gauntlets many SEC teams go through they would be a consistent 3-4 loss team bowing at the feet of Alabama football..Probably a good thing they lost too since they would get creamed in the CFB like last time

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Warrior should've had that interception. Of all the single plays today I would've loved to see him haul that in just to put an INT on Tua's record. It's not the first INT that Warrior has dropped this year.

For a brief moment ESPN failed to acknowledge Jalen Hurts substitution for Tua on the Box score and credited Tua with a pick for a few minutes.....that counts right!

Reactions: RollerVol
Reading coverage, understanding coverage & going to the proper receiver. Tua does it very well. He's extremely accurate. He can move around in the pocket and throw accurately on the move. He can run if he needs to. He's clearly a top level quarterback by any measure.

Yep. Same was said about Eli. It doesn’t get better than 23 touchdowns with 0 interceptions through 6 1/4 games. If their defense wasn’t so good he’d end up with 60+ touchdown passes in a pro style offense AND he can run. Just an amazing talent

If Warrior didn't have the Ronnie Garvin "Hands of Stone" going on, Tua was picked off yesterday. He threw a dead duck into the endzone into triple coverage and it was just straight up dropped by the man.

Of course it’s not going to happen but I’m not going to agree that they wouldn’t win a game. They are better than the Browns
Ok say they played the Browns next Sunday...it wouldn’t be pretty. That DL would push Bama all over the field and not half try. The score wouldn’t be funny either. It would be 35-0 halftime Browns and the final score something around 55-0..... dude just give it up!!!!

Reactions: AaronUT
Theyre not gonna waltz into Death Valley and throw all over LSU
LSU looks tough this year I’ll admit. I can’t wait to watch that game. I’m hoping for a 24-20 upset by LSU!!!! Would be awesome!!!! But no it won’t be a massacre like the rest of the teams Bama has played....

Ok say they played the Browns next Sunday...it wouldn’t be pretty. That DL would push Bama all over the field and not half try. The score wouldn’t be funny either. It would be 35-0 halftime Browns and the final score something around 55-0..... dude just give it up!!!!
This is absurd. They've got 3 guys who will be starting in the NFL next year and a 4th who will be a top 5 pick when he's eligible but you think the Browns would "push them all over the field"? That's completely irrational.

This is absurd. They've got 3 guys who will be starting in the NFL next year and a 4th who will be a top 5 pick when he's eligible but you think the Browns would "push them all over the field"? That's completely irrational.

I think the point being proffered is the worst player on the NFL's worst team is still an NFL player. From there the talent level just goes up. There simply isn't any college team, including Bama, that could compensate for that much across the board talent and depth.

I think the point being proffered is the worst player on the NFL's worst team is still an NFL player. From there the talent level just goes up. There simply isn't any college team, including Bama, that could compensate for that much across the board talent and depth.
I understand the point, but I completely disagree with it. There are a lot of "average" college players who make NFL rosters and sometimes become starters. Guys like Jason Croom, Emmanuel Moseley, Justin Coleman, etc. Becoming an NFL player doesn't all of a sudden make someone better. They are the same player and they are still not as good as the guys in Alabama's two-deep.

I understand the point, but I completely disagree with it. There are a lot of "average" college players who make NFL rosters and sometimes become starters. Guys like Jason Croom, Emmanuel Moseley, Justin Coleman, etc. Becoming an NFL player doesn't all of a sudden make someone better. They are the same player and they are still not as good as the guys in Alabama's two-deep.

I don't think you do understand the point. Let's say, for the sake of argument, every player you mentioned was the worst on their team. Again, the talent goes up from there. NFL teams are cumulative. They draft every year from across the country and every single year there's a draft that's going to replace people that aren't good enough to keep the job. These people aren't worried about NCAA rules and making grades or anything. (insert Bama jokes here if you must but it doesn't change the observation) There, basically by definition, will never be a college team that's going to play with a team made up of professional culled players taken from the entirety of the eligible population. As good as Bama has been over the last decade their players make up less than 3% of NFL active rosters.

Reactions: AaronUT and 08Vol

VN Store

Back