Trump wants Popular Vote over Electoral College

Fake "fake news". :crazy:

Need more evidence that the guy is completely retarded? When hes unleashed and unscripted, the truth comes out. He is just so friggin dumb, I'm amazed.

Last edited:
He is the master at it.

Sad thing is, the media keeps falling for it every single time.

Oh, I don't know. They took the bait the first 30 times. But now ? Meh, I think people know at this point that he's ALWAYS trolling. He loves the attention. It's what he's all about. So he says stuff he knows is goofy because that gets people to pay attention to him. It's really kind of sad, when you think about it.

Oh, I don't know. They took the bait the first 30 times. But now ? Meh, I think people know at this point that he's ALWAYS trolling. He loves the attention. It's what he's all about. So he says stuff he knows is goofy because that gets people to pay attention to him. It's really kind of sad, when you think about it.

Doesn't stop you from starting a thread each time Trump farts. It's really kind of sad, when you think about it.

Reactions: 4 people
Doesn't stop you from starting a thread each time Trump farts. It's really kind of sad, when you think about it.

You're not wrong and I'm compelled to agree. Im not going to pay any more attention to him with new threads prior to his day of reckoning.

Reactions: 1 person
We aren’t a Democracy. We’re a constitutional representative Republic. Always have been from our forming documents. The fed does not derive its mandate from the people. It derives it from the states. Thus the electoral college.

And each state can decide how to allocate their electorate. Either proportional or total. The feds have no authority over that I’m pretty certain.

There is only one federal elected official. POTUS. And he is not nor ever has been elected “by the people”

I completely understand that. Doesn't make my point invalid, though.

The one smart thing he has said. The people in rural areas votes literally count more. Even though they get more welfare, pay less taxes, and are less educated.

That or reallocate the votes by current population levels. Make it fair so each vote counts the same towards EC votes. Each quarter-million should count for one EC vote or something like that.

The one smart thing he has said. The people in rural areas votes literally count more. Even though they get more welfare, pay less taxes, and are less educated.

That or reallocate the votes by current population levels. Make it fair so each vote counts the same towards EC votes. Each quarter-million should count for one EC vote or something like that.

you mean something like the 3/5ths clause?

Good point. He knew that Dr. Jackson would be withdrawing his nomination today. He also knows how bad E.P.A. Chief Pruitt looks right now. He could just be trying to flood the news cycle with nonsense.

Makes as much sense as anything.

Reactions: 2 people
California and New York and Fla would get all the attention. If you can flip California by 10% more D or less D you get 1.4 million votes (using 2016 data).

That's more than the total votes from 21 individual states (not combined; 21 states have total votes cast less than 1.4 million).
Yup. Trump never stepped foot in Cali.
With the EC there was no point.

you mean something like the 3/5ths clause?

Wtf are you talking about? You apparently just were dying to make a slavery reference.

Make each vote equal. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the concept. One million votes = 4 EC votes. Each person has the same impact on EC votes.

I completely understand that. Doesn't make my point invalid, though.

While I said it in a lecturing fashion I wasn’t really talking to you. I realize you probably understood this. However many, including some people ok this forum, either don’t get it or try to talk around it.

We are always going to use the EC because changing it would take a constitutional amendment. That won’t happen.

But people’s votes have never counted at the national level. They count at the state level. And in that regard everybody’s vote indeed does count at the level in which it is recognized. The state.

The dialog which should happen to address your question could actually be addressed in 50 different valid methods. None of which require touching the constitution.

I don’t know historically why we can’t have proportional delegates. I don’t know if it’s driven by a desire for a singular clean vote by a singular state.

There's one problem with that: we're the United STATES of America. We elect a Preaident with 50 separate elections that run simultaneously precisely so the central government doesn't become overbearing.

Possibly. You could be correct if we use a place like New York or California as a guide for the whole country. Especially when a single City or a couple controls the entire state.

I'd like to see each congressional district carry it's own electoral vote. That would give a voice to the rural areas as well as the big metropolitan areas.

California, for example, would have 53 seperately congressional districts up for grabs and the final two electoral votes represented by the Senate delegation would go to the overall winner of the state.

There's one problem with that: we're the United STATES of America. We elect a Preaident with 50 separate elections that run simultaneously precisely so the central government doesn't become overbearing.

Umm...

The EC would be rendered moot. You essentially cover up the EC’s intentions with a diminished popular vote.

For instance, Candiate A received 1M votes and Candiate B received 750K votes.

Candidate A: 4 EC votes
Candidate B: 3 EC votes

If Candidate A carried the popular vote across the board, he wins. Pointless.

If you want to “levelize” the vote, award ECs on a scale of total state population, eligible voters out of the total population and the number of eligible voters who voted (i.e. 3M eligible voters out of 5.5M, in which only 1.6M voted). The total available ECs are set by total population, but a benchmark of eligible voters have to turn out for maximum ECs to be awarded. In other words, states with greater per capita turnout are awarded and have their voices heard. If you want to increase voter participation, why not?

Last edited:

True. But I see where people are coming from. Our States have abdicated their autonomy to the Fed for decades. Only in some rare instances do States look to exert their rights. I hope it changes and power is taken back by the states.

Wtf are you talking about? You apparently just were dying to make a slavery reference.

Make each vote equal. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the concept. One million votes = 4 EC votes. Each person has the same impact on EC votes.

Except that people in less populous states (like Wyoming, Alaska, Rhode Island) will receive even less EC votes than they do now while population centers like NYC, LA, Chicago and Miami gain even more.

So is that the historical context for the lack of prop delegates? I honestly don’t know. Each state basically says in a singular stance this person is president?

They must have to pump sunshine into whatever holler you live in.

Except that people in less populous states (like Wyoming, Alaska, Rhode Island) will receive even less EC votes than they do now while population centers like NYC, LA, Chicago and Miami gain even more.

And? They have a tiny amount of people. Their impact on the vote should reflect that.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about this.

The reapportionment of EC votes reflects population shifts already.

Next thing we'll here is that the Senate is not fair since the small states get the same as the big states...

VN Store

Back