Trump orders Pentagon to kiss his butt with Yuge Parade

Such cognitive dissonance.

Completely proud of the military.

Completely ashamed of the President.

I wonder if he has thought this through. It is going to naturally lead to a lot of questions of his .... rather dubious deferments. And that will be the story of the day. The guy with a massive ego wanting a parade by the military he commands, with whom he avoided service.

Its going to backfire. Bigly.

Reactions: 6 people

I wonder if he has thought this through. It is going to naturally lead to a lot of questions of his .... rather dubious deferments. And that will be the story of the day. The guy with a massive ego wanting a parade by the military he commands, with whom he avoided service.

You TRULY have no life do you??

Reactions: 2 people

#stillyourpresident

Can you folks impeach him for that?

Reactions: 1 person

Keep screeeeeeeching, you havn't met your quota yet.

I don't know how old you are, but I am 68, and was in college at U.T. during the Vietnam war. I went to school with about 25,000 other students. If half were male, that makes about 12,500 males of draft age. I knew one person out of 12,500 who wanted to go to war. He was in the Rangers.

Everybody else that I knew pulled every string, and used every connection they had to avoid military service back then, and we weren't in the anti-war movement.

By the way, your party was very much against that war. Try to remember that.

Edit: In current lingo, referencing Vietnam, nobody wanted to got to that sh!thole. For the most part, the poor guys with no connections and no deferments fought that war. There were some who actually felt a sense of duty to do whatever their country asked of them, and volunteered. Most saw it for what it was by the late 60's.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
So it immediately Soviet or North Korean in nature but not like the French Bastille Day? Come on man, do I want a military parade probably not but I'm not going to lose sleep if there is one.

no, this is proof he's about to install concentration camps next

I don't know how old you are, but I am 68, and was in college at U.T. during the Vietnam war. I went to school with about 25,000 other students. If half were male, that makes about 12,500 males of draft age. I knew one person out of 12,500 who wanted to go to war. He was in the Rangers.

Everybody else that I knew pulled every string, and used every connection they had to avoid military service back then, and we weren't in the anti-war movement.

Edit: In current lingo, referencing Vietnam, nobody wanted to got to that sh!thole. For the most part, the poor guys with no connections and no deferments fought that war. There were some who actually felt a sense of duty to do whatever their country asked of them, and volunteered. Most saw it for what it was by the late 60's.

I'm 54 so before my time. I appreciate that avoiding the draft was very common.

But Trump has done more than that. He has ridiculed McCain and his POW status. He has wrapped himself in the flag

I don't think failure to serve disqualifies him from being President I DO think that he should maintain some dignity about that and not insult those who did sacrifice. And he sure as hell shouldn't use them to massage his own ego or for a political stunt.

Reactions: 10 people

That won't stop a large segment of the population, those without substantial means and without the ability to avoid a draft, for hating him. And, quite honestly, rightfully so. And now they see this guy that used means to avoid serving in the military wanting to have a military parade to essentially praise himself. It's not a good look.

Reactions: 5 people
Why not ... not really a biggie ... Might as well show the world what kind of toys the US has in store. :)

I'm 54 so before my time...

I am also 54 ...
ext_gimmefive.gif

There was a parade in DC with tanks, flyovers etc in ‘91 after the Gulf War, another at JFK’s inauguration. Some of you act like it’s never happened before.

I'm 54 so before my time. I appreciate that avoiding the draft was very common.

But Trump has done more than that. He has ridiculed McCain and his POW status. He has wrapped himself in the flag

I don't think failure to serve disqualifies him from being President I DO think that he should maintain some dignity about that and not insult those who did sacrifice. And he sure as hell shouldn't use them to massage his own ego or for a political stunt.
McCain fired the first shot in the feud. Trump hit him back. I don't agree with what he said, but McCain started it.

Reactions: 4 people
That won't stop a large segment of the population, those without substantial means and without the ability to avoid a draft, for hating him. And, quite honestly, rightfully so. And now they see this guy that used means to avoid serving in the military wanting to have a military parade to essentially praise himself. It's not a good look.
Draft?

I think we should have mandatory service of some kind though.

I'm having a hard time seeing a down side to a Parade like this. The vast majority of the country (outside the Liberal areas and Pink hatters) will see it as Patriotic and Pride in our Men & Women of the Armed Forces.

Kids & Adults will love seeing the vehicles and Planes flying over head (probably the Blue Angles & Thunderbirds) doing some Demos.

The Navy already has something like this called Fleet Week and the Navy & Air Force air wings get to show off at Air Shows both here and around the world.

As I said I think it will bring Patriotism & Pride and probably help in recruiting for the Military branches.

This is banana republic stuff. 70 ton Abrahms tanks would destroy Pennsylvania avenue, btw.

If they do it, it should be held this November 11th to mark the 100th anniversary of Armistace Day... end of WW1.

The Abrams unlike a bulldozer or there WW2 counterparts there tracks are flat on the bottom so they shouldn't cause any problem.

VN Store

Back