Trump: Hey where's my kudos?

I disagree with the premise. We need decent and qualified people to lead this country. The problem is the fringes don't want balance even though all evidence suggests our country has performed better when there is balance. In other words, we need leadership that on the ideologically spectrum, is center right to center left. Balance and compromise. Look at this tax package. It's focking pathetic to the middle class. A supply side policy, aka trickle down, won't work as those idiots are claiming. It didn't in the 80s and it sure as hail won't now.
I'm sorry, but the opposition research will bring up something like kicking a neighbor's dog, or being a bully while you were in the 8th grade. If they can't find something, they will make it up.

I'm sorry, but the opposition research will bring up something like kicking a neighbor's dog, or being a bully while you were in the 8th grade. If they can't find something, they will make it up.

The establishment has fenced it off, thus the hate for Trump who cut the fence.

Reactions: 2 people
It did work and Bill Clinton is thankful for it.

But to the bigger point, why would a successful non career politician that isn't an egomaniac run for President? They'd be taking a pay cut, have absolutely no privacy for the rest of their lives, no matter what they did half the population hating them and the press up their azz constantly.

Trump put a few of those types in his cabinet. They were already filthy rich so it didn't matter to them.
I think there are still a few patriots left that really want what's best for the country.

Trump put a few of those types in his cabinet. They were already filthy rich so it didn't matter to them.
I think there are still a few patriots left that really want what's best for the country.

I think there are more than a few but they are far outnumbered by the entrenched establishment.

It did work and Bill Clinton is thankful for it.

But to the bigger point, why would a successful non career politician that isn't an egomaniac run for President? They'd be taking a pay cut, have absolutely no privacy for the rest of their lives, no matter what they did half the population hating them and the press up their azz constantly.

No it didn't. Reagan had to raise taxes later in his presidency as a result of it not working. The economy grew because the Fed kept interest rates down. Same thing in the 90s. I sat and talked with the pioneer of supply side economics, Art Laffer, for about an hour a few years ago. He freely admits it didn't work in the 80s. Any job growth in that era can't be directly linked to the tax policy, but more so the dereg of the financial industry and the billions the government poured into the defense industry

Reactions: 1 person
No it didn't. Reagan had to raise taxes later in his presidency as a result of it not working. The economy grew because the Fed kept interest rates down. Same thing in the 90s. I sat and talked with the pioneer of supply side economics, Art Laffer, for about an hour a few years ago. He freely admits it didn't work in the 80s. Any job growth in that era can't be directly linked to the tax policy, but more so the dereg of the financial industry and the billions the government poured into the defense industry

The 90's boomed due to Reagn's policies.

One of Trump's greatest talents is selecting his opponents...

I'd go a step further and say that its picking his battles.

The black community already hates him. And his supporters love that about him. To them, its a badge of honor. So he frequently does things just to stoke that divide. This, for example -- saying "hey, black guy, you aren't being grateful for what I did for you." That plays right into all of the racial resentments his base just eats up.

Or the NFL kneeling controversy. He brings that up at a rally pretty much out of the blue. He has no actual role in the issue. He just brings it up to exploit the sentiment his base has that blacks are feeling too entitled and ungrateful these days. Again, his base eats that up.

Reactions: 3 people

The black community already hates him. And his supporters love that about him. To them, its a badge of honor. So he frequently does things just to stoke that divide. This, for example -- saying "hey, black guy, you aren't being grateful for what I did for you." That plays right into all of the racial resentments his base just eats up.

Or the NFL kneeling controversy. He brings that up at a rally pretty much out of the blue. He has no actual role in the issue. He just brings it up to exploit the sentiment his base has that blacks are feeling too entitled and ungrateful these days. Again, his base eats that up.

GTFO with this race baiting BS.

Reactions: 5 people

I’m not certain if that’s completely accurate, but I imagine his base is delighted about who he has called out.

Reactions: 1 person
GTFO with this race baiting BS.

I’m not certain if that’s completely accurate, but I imagine his base is delighted about who he has called out.

Its part and parcel of the economic troubles in the midwest as the manufacturing base has shrunk so much in the past 30 years. Trump blames essentially three groups of people for that: 1) Foreign governments and businesses unfairly competing with American manufacturers, costing the US jobs; 2) American politicians paid of or otherwise willing to look the other way as that has occurred; and 3) racial minorities who are taking the jobs that are remaining away from qualified and deserving American workers.

That midwest base is willing to believe in all of that as to blame for their troubles because it gets them off the hook. It makes it someone else's actual fault. So look at what Trump runs on:

1) I will get us great trade deals and build factories again.

2) I will get rid of the politicians who allowed this to happen.

3) I will elevate white American citizens back to where they belong.

The most interesting thing to me about this is that the economic theory behind all of this is that we are not being competitive with these other countries and their cheap labor. So the solution to that is to artificially make ourselves competitive with tariffs and quotas?

This is the contradiction that has been inherent in Republican dogma since WW II. Competition within markets is the best way to maximize efficiency. But, to allow that internationally means either manufacturing losses on a huge scale, American workers taking 75 % pay cuts to stay competitive, or creating artificial hurdles to true competition to stack the deck.

Trump is proving that it is easy to run a campaign on those issues, with promises to restore economic opportunity, but that it is damn near impossible to actually accomplish it.

Trump plays to his base because it comes naturally to him. He's a racist--and that's not in dispute. The funny thing about racists is that they pretend to be offended when they are called such--but they are really aren't. Trump was an original birther. Beyond that, Trump is a very insecure, egotistical infant: this is why he spends most of his waking hours searching for bull$hit with which he can praise himself. A /very/ strange, stupid and dishonest man.

Come on. You know the only way to prosperity is to tax the businesses and rich people (>$75k) higher.

I am not advocating that type of model. What I do know for a fact is that supply side doesn't work, at least not how you guys BELIEVE it does. It certainly didn't work in the 80s and there is little belief among informed economists that it will work now.

If any of you know better, please provide some specificity as to how it will work instead of parroting the conservative party line on it.

The players came back a week or two earlier than they otherwise would have. Trump said it was all because of him, that it would have been 10 years, and that the players needed to thank him after the conference commissioner already had, because of course he did.

He lives for public adoration. As soon as it looks like he may not get it, he loses his ****. Over and over again. Even after the players thanked him, when the dad didn't bow to him, he did it yet again.

It's like your significant other washing 3 dishes, claiming they saved the whole house from starvation, and demanding thanks. Great, you did something positive, but don't be surprised when people roll their eyes at you for telling it that way.

Trump plays to his base because it comes naturally to him. He's a racist--and that's not in dispute. The funny thing about racists is that they pretend to be offended when they are called such--but they are really aren't. Trump was an original birther. Beyond that, Trump is a very insecure, egotistical infant: this is why he spends most of his waking hours searching for bull$hit with which he can praise himself. A /very/ strange, stupid and dishonest man.

He's not a racist. He's just an azzhole. Big difference.

I think it says something when both parties try to beat you.

This....all ****ing day long.

These dumbasses are so consumed with the little **** getting reported by the alleged media, they can’t see the big picture.

Is that a gay joke? Pitiful but expected from you. Party before Country for you, nice job, that makes you unpatriotic, un-American, and just plain ignorant. What else you got? It's painfully obvious your feelings got hurt just like little boy Trump's.

Party before country?..... how about the idiots that shoplifted while in China? ..... how stupid do you have to be? Yo blood.... less liff deez Louie V's beeotch..... and create an international news story and embarrassment for the USA....UCLA and the president. What do you think Trump said to China? Please let these dumb Mfs go?

VN Store

Back