Trump cancels Singapore nuclear summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un

Fun fact. When Washington was elected nobody knew what to call him as the first elected President by the population. All kinds of ridiculous titles were offered. Eventually, don’t know who offered it, but we just went with the simple Mr President.

Reactions: 1 person
Fun fact. When Washington was elected nobody knew what to call him as the first elected President by the population. All kinds of ridiculous titles were offered. Eventually, don’t know who offered it, but we just went with the simple Mr President.

"As they deliberated over appropriate designations for the new president, Vice President Adams suggested the following titles: “His Elective Majesty”, “His Mightiness”, and even “His Highness, the President of the United States of America and the Protector of their Liberties”.

That last one is like a GOT title.

Reactions: 2 people
"As they deliberated over appropriate designations for the new president, Vice President Adams suggested the following titles: “His Elective Majesty”, “His Mightiness”, and even “His Highness, the President of the United States of America and the Protector of their Liberties”.

Lol nice.

This may be promising news, but you can never tell with NK. They are erratic to say the least.

Also, I don't think people want Trump to fail on this. The only thing I've said negatively is that he straight up, bold faced lied that the soldiers' remains were already in country at one of his little rallies. Then Pompeo immediately contradicted that.

Best he keeps his mouth shut and let the grownups do the work. Then he can take credit for it later.

The only thing I've said negatively is that he straight up, bold faced lied that the soldiers' remains were already in country at one of his little rallies.

When did this rally occur when he said this? And compare against the time line of the articles I linked?

I could do "His Mightiness" imagine a bunch of presidents like Teddy rolling around with that title. "Merika!

Wondering if this could lead to more. And wondering what the China angle is.

North Korea wants US to make 'bold move' towards peace before denuclearization: source - CNNPolitics

Continued negotiations between the United States and North Korea hinge on Washington's willingness to make a "bold move" and agree to a peace treaty with Pyongyang, according to an official with close knowledge of North Korea's position on the matter.

If the US is unwilling to replace the armistice agreement that ended the Korean War with a permanent peace that would ensure the survival of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's regime, Pyongyang will likely not proceed further with denuclearization talks, the source said.

The establishment of a legally binding peace treaty would require the approval of two-thirds of the US Senate.

North Korea is putting pressure on the administration of US President Donald Trump to begin lifting sanctions, according to the official, believing they have done "so much" by freezing nuclear and missile testing, destroying one of their nuclear sites, and facilitating the upcoming repatriation of US service members' war remains.

For his part however, Trump has privately expressed frustration over the perceived lack of progress in the talks, according to a US official, though he regarded the testing freeze as a positive sign.

Would a peace treaty be worth the price of denuclearization?

imo hell yes. not sure what good has come from staying at war with them. not sure what terms they would want, but I would be more than willing to end it that mess.

I admit, that wasn't as clear as I wanted it to be (coffee, lack thereof, being the issue). Rather, would it be worth the price of going forward with a peace treaty on the "promise of negotiations" for Kim to rid himself of nuclear weapons?

I'd say no and let history be our guide. We've been burned too often. Now, if it's the opposite and we get verified and complete dismantlement of the WMD programs, I'd dare say that's worth the price. But not giving them anything until they give up a lot more.

VN Store

Back