Trump cancels Singapore nuclear summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un

Attachments

• Di0JE_xWsAM5H_h (1).jpg
    Di0JE_xWsAM5H_h (1).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

Attachments

• thediplomat-exclusive-revealing-kangson-north-koreas-first-covert-uranium-enrichment-site-2018_0.jpg
    thediplomat-exclusive-revealing-kangson-north-koreas-first-covert-uranium-enrichment-site-2018_0.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 3 people
Who accidently let a journalist in the back door at Fox News??

FlcBc3.gif

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Is anyone still defending the "deal" Trump made? Did it accomplish anything or is it completely worthless?

We still got 3 citizens released. Hopefully we got some of our servicemen’s remains returned before today. And I’ll defend that he absolutely deserved the latitude to let it play out. I’m pretty sure you agreed to that also.

But with this public balk it’s time to put the screws back to them BUT still smile and remind them we’d love to try and work this thru if we all can.

I admit, that wasn't as clear as I wanted it to be (coffee, lack thereof, being the issue). Rather, would it be worth the price of going forward with a peace treaty on the "promise of negotiations" for Kim to rid himself of nuclear weapons?

I'd say no and let history be our guide. We've been burned too often. Now, if it's the opposite and we get verified and complete dismantlement of the WMD programs, I'd dare say that's worth the price. But not giving them anything until they give up a lot more.

make it the carrot. and do some reciprocal removal of something so its not a one sided affair.

but yes I would agree, don't give peace and then expect them to dismantle.

I think they’ve got something up their sleaves. China won’t allow them to have a peaceful unification with the South. They need them as their rabid dog to keep the US at bay.

There is only 1 authority in NK and it’s not the central committee.

And you think the Central Committee is going to announce this without the approval of KJU? He murders those who oppose him. No, this is KJU speaking through the Central Committee.

And you think the Central Committee is going to announce this without the approval of KJU? He murders those who oppose him. No, this is KJU speaking through the Central Committee.

Not at all, the central committee is posturing as instructed. I was just pointing out that only 1 man can make anything official.

We still got 3 citizens released. Hopefully we got some of our servicemen’s remains returned before today. And I’ll defend that he absolutely deserved the latitude to let it play out. I’m pretty sure you agreed to that also.

But with this public balk it’s time to put the screws back to them BUT still smile and remind them we’d love to try and work this thru if we all can.

I did say let it play out, but I would also say that it is time to push back now.

Let's see about getting the remains returned first. Then push a bit.

North Korea is expected to hand over the remains of a number of U.S. service members who were killed during the Korean War on Friday, the 65th anniversary of the armistice that ended the fighting, according to reports in South Korean media

North Korea is expected to hand over the remains of a number of U.S. service members who were killed during the Korean War on Friday, the 65th anniversary of the armistice that ended the fighting, according to reports in South Korean media

Saw that earlier.

Let's bring them home before going back to a hard ball stance.

Here's the thing to remember about peace treaties and things like that.

WWII officially "ended" in February 1947 for the European Theater and in September 1951 for the Asian Theater. While hostilities officially ended in 1945, the final peace treaties took far longer to sign.

Those complaining about "nothing" getting done need to realize these things take time. Sometimes years of negotiations have to be completed before ink is put to paper.

Small steps.

VN Store

Back