Trump cancels Singapore nuclear summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un

There's a lot of blame that's warranted however the DPRK withdrew from the non-proliferation treaty in 2003 and announced it had conducted its first successful nuclear test in 2006, a full three years before Barry Hussein.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn’t look it up and I’m only going from memory but I’m pretty sure most all of the international community discredited all of those initial claims as the post test analysis didn’t show results consistent with a nuclear yield did they?

I will actively speculate the development and successes accelerated on Barry’s watch.

Reactions: 1 person
I didn’t look it up and I’m only going from memory but I’m pretty sure most all of the international community discredited all of those initial claims as the post test analysis didn’t show results consistent with a nuclear yield did they?

I will actively speculate the development and successes accelerated on Barry’s watch.

Agreed, see how easy he believes an unsubstantiated claim? You can add Iran to the list under Barry’s watch as well

Reports look like the cancellation caught South Korea completely off guard. Hope we aren’t blowing any trust with them.

Agreed, see how easy he believes an unsubstantiated claim? You can add Iran to the list under Barry’s watch as well

Which claim was unsubstantiated?

I made objective statements, haters gon' hate I guess.

I don't know, maybe this site is on the banned list of credible sites for information.

Chronology of U.S.-North Korean Nuclear and Missile Diplomacy | Arms Control Association

These are now on Ebay 2 for 25¢. Scoop 'em up Trumpkins.

Dd-NbH2V0AA7mQd.jpg

I don't know, maybe this site is on the banned list of credible sites for information.

Chronology of U.S.-North Korean Nuclear and Missile Diplomacy | Arms Control Association

That’s actually a great site. I saw a reference to a DPRK claim in 2003 to having nuclear weapons but no proof. The first mention I saw of a plausible test was here.

October 9, 2006: North Korea conducts an underground nuclear test near the village of P’unggye. Most early analyses of the test based on seismic data collected by South Korean, Japanese, and U.S. institutes estimates the yield to be below one kiloton. Russian estimates differed significantly, and Foreign Minister Sergei Ivanov said Oct. 10 that the estimated yield was between 5 and 15 kilotons.

Edit: ah reread it. Yeah that is the test you are referring to.

It is just a rumor, but sources are saying that Trump cancelled the summit after he saw the commemorative coins and felt slighted because he was not given the title "Supreme Leader"

Reactions: 4 people
What makes you think it's not?

History is an excellent predictor of the future.

It's unfortunate, but I don't think many people honestly believed that this was going to happen. No way this guy is giving up his regime or his power.

The key is assuring him we will not do regime change. Bolton f-d this thing up by mentioning handling this like we did Libya.

Reactions: 2 people
The key is assuring him we will not do regime change. Bolton f-d this thing up by mentioning handling this like we did Libya.

It should have been assumed the second Bolton was installed, but you're right.

Reactions: 3 people

Bolton is another awful hire in a long line of horrible Trump hires.

It should have been assumed the second Bolton was installed, but you're right.

I don't think anything Bolton or Trump said had much to do with this. KJ was probably always planning some antics. Trump may have taken the bait, and has surely learned a valuable lesson here. But the pull-the-rug-out ploy was probably always the plan.

Just have to hope that there is not some "display" of force now by NK to express their displeasure such as to cause a response by us that spirals.

That would suck.

Just like people got overly excited that a meeting might happen, people are getting overly excited that it’s now off. I think this might just be part of some back and forth. No sense in trying to read too much into all of this in the moment

Reactions: 5 people
Just like people got overly excited that a meeting might happen, people are getting overly excited that it’s now off. I think this might just be part of some back and forth. No sense in trying to read too much into all of this in the moment

Overreaction plays well on news channels. It will continue.

Not surprising. I never trusted Kim would follow through with it. The sudden shift in posture made zero sense.

I think China sabotaged it; they want Kim in their control and portrayed as a loose cannon. He's a good diversionary tactic. Kim's the one in the Asian sphere that keeps you looking in the wrong place.

I think China sabotaged it; they want Kim in their control and portrayed as a loose cannon. He's a good diversionary tactic. Kim's the one in the Asian sphere that keeps you looking in the wrong place.

Don't usually agree with you, but this is spot on IMNSHO.

VN Store

Back