Trevor Knight says Neyland Stadium was ‘loudest and most intimidating ever’

For the folks on here that get to attend all the home games, what would you say was the loudest/craziest atmosphere in Neyland of the Butch Jones era so far? Oklahoma game? 2nd half vs Florida this past season? Georgia 2015? i know everyone jumps back to 98 florida 04 florida but im curious about more recent.

Games that I have attended

Oklahoma 2015
Florida 2016
South Carolina 2013 (underrated by those not there)

Heard from friends that Georgia 2013 and 2015 were loud.

Oklahoma game was by far the loudest for the longest period of time. It was crazy. The Halloween game with black uni's in 2009 vs SC was great also.

Games that I have attended

Oklahoma 2015
Florida 2016
South Carolina 2013 (underrated by those not there)

Heard from friends that Georgia 2013 and 2015 were loud.

the 2013 Georgia had my ears ringing more than any other

No, and if he had, he would of folded like a cheap tent. That was the loudest place on earth that day. 107,000 strong.

I can proudly say that I was there that night. And despite the lost I remember thinking how proud I was that our fans could produce that kind of an atmosphere. We need to bring that level of enthusiasm to every major game!

I remember it being so loud it seriously hurt my head. I had to strategically decide when to scream or I'd get a massive headache lol.

Oklahoma 15 was louder than Florida 16, IMO.

The Oklahoma game was just absolutely deafening.

An Oklahoma offensive lineman also mentioned Tennessee as being the loudest environment. I know there are bigger stadiums, like Penn State, LSU, Michigan, but there just is not a stadium like Neyland. It towers over the field and all that sound is trapped, those bigger stadiums all expand outwards.

Glad we were loud, that's nice.

How about let's protect that house and win more of the BIG games at home than we lose. That would be nicer.

Coming soon I hope...

An Oklahoma offensive lineman also mentioned Tennessee as being the loudest environment. I know there are bigger stadiums, like Penn State, LSU, Michigan, but there just is not a stadium like Neyland. It towers over the field and all that sound is trapped, those bigger stadiums all expand outwards.

The loudest game at Neyland every year is the loudest stadium in the world that year.

If any of these games were louder than UF in '98... that's sayin something. It was so loud that night that I literally couldn't hear myself screaming at the top of my lungs. Almost passed out! :)

If any of these games were louder than UF in '98... that's sayin something. It was so loud that night that I literally couldn't hear myself screaming at the top of my lungs. Almost passed out! :)

That's loudest I have ever heard Neyland. My ears were still ringing on Tuesday after that game.

I'm SO glad he had such a GREAT experience in Neyland...

/blue font

Oh...and...I'll NEVER forget THIS POS!

eric-striker-tennessee.jpg

*redemption*
Professional career
On April 30, 2016, Striker was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Buffalo Bills. On August 30, 2016 Striker was waived by the Bills.

What does his professional career have to do with the UT vs. OU game from Sept. 2015?

I have followed the Sooners all over the country and the 2015 game in Knoxville was with out a doubt the most electric atmosphere I've ever experienced as a visitor. Even had we lost I'd say the same thing. The only game it's equal is not an away game for us but a neutral site affair with the Horns. Knight did not play in Knoxville. He did QB the Sooners vs the Vol in Norman.

For the folks on here that get to attend all the home games, what would you say was the loudest/craziest atmosphere in Neyland of the Butch Jones era so far? Oklahoma game? 2nd half vs Florida this past season? Georgia 2015? i know everyone jumps back to 98 florida 04 florida but im curious about more recent.

2nd half of UGA '13 always comes to mind for me. Maybe just because it had been so long since I'd heard it like that.

Obviously all of the ones you mentioned were great and very loud.

2015 Oklahoma takes the cake for me. Just from start to finish it was electric the entire night.

2016 UF is next. It may have had some moments that were louder in that 2nd half, but I don't remember the atmosphere being what the OK game was. Obviously the OK game was at night and the UF game had the better outcome.

Probably 2015 UGA next. That was a pretty exciting comeback too. Then 2013 USC after that. Didn't make it to 2013 UGA.

What does his professional career have to do with the UT vs. OU game from Sept. 2015?

Uh maybe the fact that he was a complete jackass before and after the game. I surely don't believe in being a sore loser, but being a sore winner is no better.

Uh maybe the fact that he was a complete jackass before and after the game. I surely don't believe in being a sore loser, but being a sore winner is no better.

Again, his professional career has/ had no bearing on the game in Knoxville in Sept. of 2015. If you take redemption from that, OK (I guess). Personally, I rather beat their a$$ on the field...you know, where it actually matters.

VN Store

Back