Trevor Knight says Neyland Stadium was ‘loudest and most intimidating ever’

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/trevor-knight-says-neyland-stadium-loudest-intimidating-ever

The name Trevor Knight likely does nothing but conjure up bad memories for Tennessee fans.
After all, he was a member of two Oklahoma squads that beat the Vols, and more recently accounted for five touchdowns in a double-overtime victory for Texas A&M against Tennessee last fall.
But after an appearance on the Cole Cubelic Show on Tuesday morning, the former Sooner-turned-Aggie may not seem quite so bad to many Tennessee fans.
Knight, who is hoping for a chance to continue his football career at the next level with the NFL Draft coming up later this month, is making the media rounds during the final weeks of prep before his future is determined. The topic of favorite places to play came up.
According to Cubelic’s Twitter account, Knight pegged Neyland Stadium as the “loudest and most intimidating” venue he’d come across during his long and storied college career, which spans two major conferences.

:rock:

Reactions: 9 people
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhc5ngwz_FM[/youtube]

When Neyland gets to really rocking there isn't a more intimidating spot in CFB. Death Valley is the only rival imo.

Reactions: 1 person

When Neyland gets to really rocking there isn't a more intimidating spot in CFB. Death Valley is the only rival imo.

There is not a more intimidating place in the known world.

I'm SO glad he had such a GREAT experience in Neyland...

/blue font

Oh...and...I'll NEVER forget THIS POS!

eric-striker-tennessee.jpg

*redemption*
Professional career
On April 30, 2016, Striker was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Buffalo Bills. On August 30, 2016 Striker was waived by the Bills.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people

I wish I could re-edit all of these hype videos with some decent music.

For the folks on here that get to attend all the home games, what would you say was the loudest/craziest atmosphere in Neyland of the Butch Jones era so far? Oklahoma game? 2nd half vs Florida this past season? Georgia 2015? i know everyone jumps back to 98 florida 04 florida but im curious about more recent.

For the folks on here that get to attend all the home games, what would you say was the loudest/craziest atmosphere in Neyland of the Butch Jones era so far? Oklahoma game? 2nd half vs Florida this past season? Georgia 2015? i know everyone jumps back to 98 florida 04 florida but im curious about more recent.

I wasn't there for OK 2015, but hear it was amazing.

I was at UF game this past year and it was off the charts good.

The UGA 2013 game was unreal too, especially for a loss.

The OU game from start to finish was impressive all the way till the end. The second half of the UF game exceeded that environment. There was a current moving through the crowd the second half of that game. They couldnt even get a first down. I had a headache and nausea from the noise and current running through my body.

But what difference does it make it the visitor wins anyway?

The OU game from start to finish was impressive all the way till the end. The second half of the UF game exceeded that environment. There was a current moving through the crowd the second half of that game. They couldnt even get a first down. I had a headache and nausea from the noise and current running through my body.

I still have it saved on my DVR, i turn the surround sound on and crank it up to try and feel like i'm there. also when i re-watch the Oklahoma game it sounds like it was deafening roar any time we were on defense.

I wasn't there for OK 2015, but hear it was amazing.

I was at UF game this past year and it was off the charts good.

The UGA 2013 game was unreal too, especially for a loss.

These 3 are the best recently. Plus 2006 Cal.
Others back in the day are 1998 Fla, 1998 Arkansas, 1990 Notre Dame, 1985 Auburn, 1984 Alabama (Especially when Robinson scored the winning 2 pt conversion!) 1979 Notre Dame, ah memories!!

This was the game that we set the noise level record at Neyland. I met Trevor Knight's parents and grand parents that game. Super nice. But he wasn't the QB in that game. Baker Mayfield had already taken his starting position. That game is probably the reason that Knight ended up at TAM. Pretty much solidfied BM as the QB for the future. Also another note was that Trevor's twin brother played on that OU team. That must have been a hard move to TAM. Anyway thats that. Looking forward for another against that program.

Speaking of Mayfield....

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-neyland-stadium-was-best-experience-ive-had/

Champions of loudness and atmosphere.

Not for nothing, and am proud of our hospitality and atmosphere, but am tired of people complimenting us on how good of a time they had coming in and giving us a loss. "Really nice people, very hospitable, Neyland is great, Vols played really hard." Got a big W last year w/ FL, and year before that UGA, but we're not back to being feared at home...hoping we get there this year. They can still walk away feeling great about their experience...they just need to take a "loss" away with them! Go Vols!

The OU game was physically painful it was so loud. FL wasn't that loud but was a blast.

VN Store

Back