Transfers?

I was surprised she even landed at A&M imo, I think she'll end up at like Houston or Rice unless she gets an full release then I can see Dawn bringing her to Transfer U

If she didn't get off the bench at A&M I highly doubt she will at SC

Reactions: 1 person
Anriel Howard transferring from A&M as a graduate transfer.

Stated she has a desire to play for a POWER5 school in a position to win a national championship...

Let’s start guessing which schools are options...

UCONN- they still have the Kentucky transfer, Auzra Stevens (if she doesn’t leave), Nelson- O, Collier can play the four and Samuelson can switch off to the 4.

Oregon- has the ND transfer, Hubbard, and a couple of other big girls.

Louisville- does lose Hines- Allen so maybe this spot? She sorta plays like her

ND- shepherd, Turner, the two freshman this year, and another one coming in

Baylor- seemingly has a log jam at the 4 spot

Schools like Ms st, TN, USC, MD, OSU could use the rebounding and have needs to fill but probably not in championship position

Louisville would probably fit her

Does anyone think Boothe from Texas will transfer?

When players put it out there about transferring do they make contact with schools or wait for coaches to contact?

Each young lady Vol should transfer to Pratt Pavillon and practice, practice, practice shooting ... then more shooting, including layups. Our freshmen guards were horrible from the field and free-throw line this year. Self motivation to improve will be the key this off-season.

Reactions: 6 people
Here is what she had to say ...

“She’s on line to graduate in August,” said A&M head coach Gary Blair, who met this week with the 5-foot-11 forward and her mother, adding that Howard would transfer “if she can find something better than what she has here.”

If she can have something better somewhere else ... does she really wanna be there ? As a coach i wouldn’t be “crossing my fingers” like please stay like coach Blair but he also knows her value.

Texas A&M could be good next year. They have a couple of transfers that could help with the departures.

Stated she has a desire to play for a POWER5 school in a position to win a national championship...

Let’s start guessing which schools are options...

UCONN- they still have the Kentucky transfer, Auzra Stevens (if she doesn’t leave), Nelson- O, Collier can play the four and Samuelson can switch off to the 4.

Oregon- has the ND transfer, Hubbard, and a couple of other big girls.

Louisville- does lose Hines- Allen so maybe this spot? She sorta plays like her

ND- shepherd, Turner, the two freshman this year, and another one coming in

Baylor- seemingly has a log jam at the 4 spot

Schools like Ms st, TN, USC, MD, OSU could use the rebounding and have needs to fill but probably not in championship position

Louisville would probably fit her

$100 says she ends up at TransferU in Columbia, SC. Guarantee you Staley already talked to her.

A&M obviously had some chemistry problems with the addition of Carter. She is possibly the best individual woman to play basketball in the last decade, but if she can't become a better team player they'll have more transfers and trouble recruiting other scoring guards.

Reactions: 2 people
$100 says she ends up at TransferU in Columbia, SC. Guarantee you Staley already talked to her.

A&M obviously had some chemistry problems with the addition of Carter. She is possibly the best individual woman to play basketball in the last decade, but if she can't become a better team player they'll have more transfers and trouble recruiting other scoring guards.

This i was hoping D. Williams transfers also, she has stated to have dreamed of being a LV all her life. She only chose A&M due to family being able to see her play. This is her last chance to shine and i doubt she will get that shine with Carter on the team . Chemistry issues were an understatement with this team. Williams reminds me of Kayla McBride.

Reactions: 1 person
She is the rebounder we need averaged 12 a game and 12 points will be a terrific pickup for someone.

No impact post players are coming until Holly is out. And giving her another year would be a big mistake.

We won't get her that is for sure. She rebounded better than anyone on our team and suspect there are a lot of teams looking at her. She will easily find a home.

Reactions: 2 people
We won't get her that is for sure. She rebounded better than anyone on our team and suspect there are a lot of teams looking at her. She will easily find a home.

I agree and 2019 class not looking good for Tenn at all.

I agree and 2019 class not looking good for Tenn at all.

Way too early.

If you follow high school recruiting, half the prospects will wait until their actual senior year to announce. This summer will be busy with visits. Outside of Collins, our 2018 class (top 5 recruiting class or 6 depending on organization) didn't announce until their senior year. We are okay at the moment. 68% of the top 60 are still undeclared.

Have we ever developed anyone in the last six years? Recently players come here and seem to not get any better. Middleton was a great guard in high school and a very good three point shooter, while she was here she started going backward. Give all the excuses you want for Russell’s ocassional lackluster play and lack of toughness, Holly ignored her issues and did little to improve her play. Holly has had a multiplicity of 5 stars, how many have become All Americans? The talent has been here, but not the coaching to take these players to the next level. It comes to the point where you must face reality, Holly bleeds orange, she is a good person and she wants to win and take the team to the next level, however, she simply lacks the ability to get the job done.
Middleton should have been a great player but was cowed down by Holly

Middleton should have been a great player but was cowed down by Holly

she may have been cowed down but Middleton and great should not be used in the same sentence. She was nowhere near great, IMO.

Really time for Fulmer to make a move one way or another. Either keep her or let her status be known. It really doesn't help with any recruit to have a coach with 11 months left on her contract.

Really time for Fulmer to make a move one way or another. Either keep her or let her status be known. It really doesn't help with any recruit to have a coach with 11 months left on her contract.

He's already made a "move," she's coming back and there was never any serious consideration for making a move.

They'll add a couple of years to her contract for recruiting purposes, but won't greatly increase the buyout.

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back