Transfers?

Most of them. We fail to realize the relationships they have. They like holly. Letting her go could make things worse

Heard this exact thinking the other night from Mimi Collins' father. The tradition is nice and all, but they come to TN & stay for the relationship they have formed with the coaches.

Reactions: 5 people
At least five. Eight if you include the three signees.

You don't let kids hold a program hostage, but this is a different situation.

And if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. You think a year from now after Holly crashes and burns yet again Fulmer will be scared to pull the trigger because a few players/families are posturing?

Reactions: 3 people
I'm resigned to her staying but it is not because of the fear of players transferring. I think Fulmer and the bigs want her to stay because they really don't care if the program wins big anymore. I would be glad to see her gone regardless of transfers if we were going after a coach that could get the program back to where it should be.
With three more years she will see these players through their careers and well I expect more of the same. A lot of beatings by three star recruiting Miss St and Alabama. Auburn will probably get us as well like Ole Miss did last season.
We'll lose to Penn State if we play them. At least we know where we stand accept what we have or move on to some other activity.

Last edited:
And if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. You think a year from now after Holly crashes and burns yet again Fulmer will be scared to pull the trigger because a few players/families are posturing?

I'm sorry the facts disagree with your opinion.

Reactions: 4 people
Heard this exact thinking the other night from Mimi Collins' father. The tradition is nice and all, but they come to TN & stay for the relationship they have formed with the coaches.

Do Mimi think she can get better under Holly if she do then i wave the white flag.

I know you love to think highly of yourself here, but you saying it doesn't make it fact. When you actually have some factual proof to present, let me know....

DP provides a bunch of credible information on VN. I believe the fallout theory because it makes sense to me, I've spoken with current team parents, and I heard it reinforced practically verbatim the other night from Tank Collins (2018 signee's father).

I mean, we're talking what if scenarios here, so I don't know what other proof folks could provide.

Should I email the players and get signed affidavits as evidence to something that makes sense but you don't wanna believe?

Reactions: 5 people
Do Mimi think she can get better under Holly if she do then i wave the white flag.

Well, yes! Why would they sign if they didn't?

Players/parents see TN differently than we fans do. While they would love to get a championship at TN, they are not as weighed down by the idea that we don't currently match up to our program's loftiest achievements.

Well, yes! Why would they sign if they didn't?

Players/parents see TN differently than we fans do. While they would love to get a championship at TN, they are not as weighed down by the idea that we don't currently match up to our program's loftiest achievements.

Well most Tenn fans want to see the team win a NC. I understand what you are saying. But under Holly that will never happen never. And what burns me up is Holly blaming the fans and media for being a awful coach. If you are a top recruit and want to win you might think twice with Holly at the wheels. Holly threw shades at the fans in the press conf, Now the fans should throw shades right back stay home.

Well most Tenn fans want to see the team win a NC. I understand what you are saying. But under Holly that will never happen never. And what burns me up is Holly blaming the fans and media for being a awful coach. If you are a top recruit and want to win you might think twice with Holly at the wheels. Holly threw shades at the fans in the press conf, Now the fans should throw shades right back stay home.

so fans should try to hurt the program? Awesome

Reactions: 2 people

Oh, she said no such thing. She is frustrated with the things we fans say about her players on social media, and she said they didn't deserve that. She has a right to say that. In no way did she blame her coaching failures on the fans. The fans ARE dissing the players and the fans ARE staying home. Fans who want to help the team can stop the negativity and show up at the games. Message boards won't persuade the AD to make coaching changes - that comes from the fans with money. Dissing the players does not help our team and does not help recruiting. Holly has never complained about what is said about her, just the players.

Reactions: 11 people
Oh, she said no such thing. She is frustrated with the things we fans say about her players on social media, and she said they didn't deserve that. She has a right to say that. In no way did she blame her coaching failures on the fans. The fans ARE dissing the players and the fans ARE staying home. Fans who want to help the team can stop the negativity and show up at the games. Message boards won't persuade the AD to make coaching changes - that comes from the fans with money. Dissing the players does not help our team and does not help recruiting. Holly has never complained about what is said about her, just the players.

Hmm!

Not even the home court could save the Lady Vols this time. The tough-minded Beavers weathered a first-quarter storm, gained their composure and handed Tennessee its first home-court loss in 58 NCAA tournament games.

The players handled the defeat better than sixth-year Tennessee coach Holly Warlick.

“Sometimes the things that are thrown at these kids are unfair,” an emotional Warlick said. “They come here wanting to learn and get better and just play the game. They get criticized quite a bit."

Later she added: "This isn't about winning or losing. It's about young ladies getting better on and off the court and I don't think they deserve half the crap thrown at them."

Given the situation, the response was out of place and over the top.

My guess is that Warlick was referencing criticism on social media. But most of that has been directed at her, not the players.

It’s fine for a coach to defend her players. Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy became famous for that.

However, let’s put Warlick’s reaction in perspective.

Dan Fleser and John Adams recap the loss by the Lady Vols and what’s next for Tennessee. Phil Kaplan/News Sentinel

Imagine if an SEC football coach had reacted that way after a defeat. In fact, former UT coach Butch Jones did just that when he proclaimed his players “champions for life” after they lost an SEC East championship they should have won in 2016. The general public is still chuckling.

Reactions: 1 person
Sophomore Amber Ramirez playing at TCU is transferring to another school. Saw her play in that 3 on 3 tourney a couple years ago with Megan Walker was much better player in that tourney. She leaves shooting 40 percent from the three has two years left to play.

i

Amber Ramirez 2016 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPN

This is a player that Holly should contact and try to convince to come to Tennessee she is the three point shooter that can also defend that we haven't had in a long while. She would really cure a weakness that has haunted our program.

Last edited:

Oh hell! welcome to the real world.
The universal rule in life and especially social media is no one is exempt from criticism. If the players or coach deserves criticism then so be it. And really the players and coaches deserves more than what is being dished out about them.If you play well and can accept my praises then when you play or coach bad accept my wrath.
Suck your big toe if you need a pacifier this realm isn't for babies.

Holly comes out of a loss of significant magnitudes and blames the fans for comments which in no way or the other determined the outcome of a second round lost with exceptional talent. Most coaches would have given credit to the opposing team or put the blame on self. Not only is she a awful coach she's a baddd PR. With the uttermost disrespect to Holly which in the past I would have died for,she DO NOT deserve my social media accolades or her players for the way they conduct UT basketball.
My children can play better bball than this team. And if many would began listening to the voices in the wilderness than maybe things will right itself. There is no excuses ask Muffet. It's time for a real change. I have no problem with the players, but if Holly was the least merciful and loyal she would retire or in defeat accept your due reward.
Prophet1

Last edited:
Hmm!

Not even the home court could save the Lady Vols this time. The tough-minded Beavers weathered a first-quarter storm, gained their composure and handed Tennessee its first home-court loss in 58 NCAA tournament games.

The players handled the defeat better than sixth-year Tennessee coach Holly Warlick.

“Sometimes the things that are thrown at these kids are unfair,” an emotional Warlick said. “They come here wanting to learn and get better and just play the game. They get criticized quite a bit."

Later she added: "This isn't about winning or losing. It's about young ladies getting better on and off the court and I don't think they deserve half the crap thrown at them."

Given the situation, the response was out of place and over the top.

My guess is that Warlick was referencing criticism on social media. But most of that has been directed at her, not the players.

It’s fine for a coach to defend her players. Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy became famous for that.

However, let’s put Warlick’s reaction in perspective.

Dan Fleser and John Adams recap the loss by the Lady Vols and what’s next for Tennessee. Phil Kaplan/News Sentinel

Imagine if an SEC football coach had reacted that way after a defeat. In fact, former UT coach Butch Jones did just that when he proclaimed his players “champions for life” after they lost an SEC East championship they should have won in 2016. The general public is still chuckling.

Lol. You just proved the other guys point.

rumor is Holly signed a 3 year extension, :(

The moment a decision is executed, it should be be public knowledge. . . He hay have hinted towards this happening, but if it done in secrecy and revealed later....That would be a major faux pas.

The moment a decision is executed, it should be be public knowledge. . . He hay have hinted towards this happening, but if it done in secrecy and revealed later....That would be a major faux pas.

Again, there was no “decision,” the idea of her not being retained was never seriously entertained on campus.

She will receive additional years on her contract for recruiting purposes, but the buyout will not be for the full amount of those years.

Transfers, Transfers, Transfers. There are already at least 4 SEC schools. I've follow some basketball people on Twitter and players are moving from one school to another. Saw where Mississippi got a coach. Hope no Lady vol Transfers.
The final game was over just a few days ago and I already miss the game. As always go Lady Vol's.

VN Store

Back