Transfers?

On the subject of transfers, Harris IMO, does not have enough to sell to a D1 school. Maybe a D2, D3 where she can be a project and worked with immediately.
She seems to be a good teammate and I suspect she will graduate with her TN class.

I agree that if anyone transfers it would be Westbrook. She wants to be a point, but she is a 2. Unless she makes major improvements over the summer, she should not be running the team. Also, Massengill is coming in next year, not saying she is better, but 3 point guards..finding minutes for all might be an issue.

Reactions: 1 person
Welcome to the forum...

I agree some what but (IF) Zarelle Green is the shooter we hope???? We will need her in the game because other teams defensive scheme will slant towards stopping Davis! Hayes and Evina must make threes or the defense will back off and clog middle like this year! Right now NOBODY shoots the three near 40%. I think Zarelle starts instead of Annie ...Just My Opinion

Jasmine will sub for Evina or Annie....

Collins for Davis or post when we are pressuring or just substitute! KK and London will have a say on how soon Collins plays??

Rae Burrelle I am not sure of....but if her three is a high percentage????? She will get on the court!!!

Holly has enough athletes to pressure the other team for the entire game!!! Just Saying 😁

Rae Burrell don`t anyone sleep on her she has big time game 6-1 6-2 the last time i watched her in february they had her listed at 6-2 in the game.

I agree that if anyone transfers it would be Westbrook. She wants to be a point, but she is a 2. Unless she makes major improvements over the summer, she should not be running the team. Also, Massengill is coming in next year, not saying she is better, but 3 point guards..finding minutes for all might be an issue.

We need a pg right now to keep the defense honest and right now Westbrook and Hayes are not.

No one is transferring, but I hope some of these inbreed posters do! If any of them ever went to school (college), they might have an idea what sitting out a year, and transferring credits, means and takes. Morons, all of them.

Reactions: 9 people
But the players knew all of this when they signed here and so did their parents. Holly has been HC six years and everybody has watched her teams play, seen the results and heard the criticism. It's not like Holly suddenly became a different coach or things unexpectedly took a radical turn for the worse at UT. If the FR think they made a bad decision, sure they could transfer, but the university, the LVs program and the coaching hasn't changed much during the past few years. What they saw is what they got.

I disagree. Holly completed her sixth season with a 2nd round loss 57-1 in NCAA home games.

Her first season was an E8 appearance. The program has slowly but surely gone down hill each season.

Holly's second season fan excuse was these were not her recruits. The third was injuries . . . and so on

This comment does not address the OP it addresses future recruiting.If my daughter is a top recruit this Dad is going to suggest she consider somewhere else.

Reactions: 2 people
No one is transferring, but I hope some of these inbreed posters do! If any of them ever went to school (college), they might have an idea what sitting out a year, and transferring credits, means and takes. Morons, all of them.

Well Holly glad you woke up. This season is over while were asleep at the wheel! As far as inbred posters you seem to fit the bill! Many of these posters have more college degrees that you do if you really have any at all. Transfers may or may not happen but it does happen and you ran off Alexa Middleton last year if i remember correctly and has sat out that year.Cooper also did that.:loco: Credits and that BS you are referring to as a determinant is nothing. Harris needs to leave if she ever plans to plan BB any at all but being a good teammate is important, ask KD!

Really don't worry about transfers because if it happens usually players that don't have what it takes to make the sacrifices to get better and become the player needed to make the team elite. I don't see any of these players going anywhere they have all the minutes they want maybe more than they want.
I could see these players playing to many minutes and late in the season the legs wore out and shot they usually make were misses.
Make no mistake we had the shots just didn't make them against several teams this season.
I would like to see everyone play less minutes would be great if we had up to 10 players that were capable of playing 20 minutes at a high level of intensity.
I agree coaching could be better, but we were playing great for 15 games and then part of many games after that just suddenly the shooting went south and even short jumpers and layups were misses.
Players don't ever think their tired because the cardio is superior and they never feel much fatigue. The legs however wear down over a season. We play players more minutes than almost anybody except UConn and they never miss so maybe my tired leg theory is shot out the window by them.

There may be one transfer of a player who is not getting any playing time.

If Holly were to be fired there will be at least three, plus losing one or two commits.

The next few years the Lady Vols would be in a for real Rebuilding Mode.

Well, they have been in a perpetual rebuild ever since Holly took over. Why break precedence now? As long as you and Gary Blair are happy, so should the rest of us be, huh?

Dang...i hope this doesnt happen and losing her is my biggest fear for this team, especially with Hayes’ dad hating on her and causing drama on the team. Hmph. I hope she sticks with it and remains a lady vol but she didnt look very happy down the stretch. Plus top kids don’t go to schools to lose in the 1st or 2nd round. If OSU makes a deep run I wouldn’t be surprised if she transferred. I’d be sad as hell though. :cray::cray::cray::cray:

How you think I have been feeling since Holly took over!

Holly is very easy to play for and who really wants to sit out an entire season before they play again. These girls made the decision for Tennessee because they like the school and Holly a few losses has not changed any of that. I hope they have it in them to work hard and become great players. Some that were rated very high coming out of high school have serious flaws in their game.
A couple more could also develop a basketball IQ and the understanding that basketball is a team game.

If I was the coach I would definitely tell Hayes if she wanted to play next season she better develop the ability to shoot the outside shot. I would also tell her to develop some control in her game try to be more of a person that finds the open player instead of the player that tries to do to much by herself.
Westbrook same thing needs to have an outside shot and must become an over 70 percent free throw shooter. She can't play point guard shooting 38 percent from the field and 54 from the free throw line. She would be losing huge minutes to anyone in the next class that can do better if she doesn't have the inclination to improve.
KK didn't play that much but everyone could see she may need to trim down a few pounds and also try to develop her shooting. She is a terrible free throw shooter as well and playing inside means getting to the line a lot.
All three could develop better rebounding skills. We give up way to many second chance points in every game we play.
The only thing Davis needs is to put on a little more muscle and become a more aggressive player. She needs to be a 20 point scorer next season and she doesn't need to be shy in taking the open shot. She passed out of way to many open shots this season.
Meme needs to improve as much as she did from her sophomore to her junior season. She has to develop a better basketball iq her decision making is flawed and results in a lot of terrible basketball plays.

I think all five of these players could be really outstanding if they had the right person coach and train them this summer. I don't know if that will happen guess the ones of us that are still here will find out next season.

When Maria Cornelius interviewed the players post-game, Westbrook's comments and demeanor were different from the others. Davis, Hayes, Meme, Kasi and Green all talked about getting in the gym right away and working on their game. They seemed very committed. When Maria asked Westbrook the same questions about the offseason, she said she wanted to get home and rest. She might have said other things that weren't included in the video clip.

I think they're all back, but if anybody transfers, it could be Westbrook. She's going to have even more competition at PG next year and she hasn't seemed to like the criticism. Still think she sticks and remains the starter, though. Holly goes easy on her and she'd sit a year elsewhere.

Last edited:
It remains to be seen if the upcoming 2nd year students are willing to put in the time and work to improve over the summer. They were not the "program saviors" that they were heralded as, were they? I think there is some real disconnect between what the rating services say and what actually shows up. Some of that you can expect, but there has been way too much of it the last 5 years, as we have seen. So either it's like this for everyone, or quite a few are overrated (why do we get them? Not sufficently looked at by recruitment?) or they lose quite a few "abilities" when they step on campus. BTW, do the rating services get PAID to rate prospective athletes?

It's hard to measure heart and work ethic from a distance, but skills ought to be evident to a trained eye.

I don't know what others have alluded to regarding "package deals" with families of players, but the coaches need to use sense in something like that, and refuse to participate! That smacks of a weird type of bribery or quid pro quo.

I am not a women's basketball expert; I've been watching it since before the NCAA decided to sponsor women's championships. It's a great game that is fun to watch and fun to play and contributes a great deal to campus life, and student life, and personal growth. The University of Tennessee deserves coaches and players that can get it done when provided the facilities and amenities they need. At this point, Phil needs to be pushed to look closely and dispassionately at the program and make some decisions, hard or not. That's what ADs have to do.

You mean to tell me that there is no possible way anyone transfers to or from Tennessee? It's never happened before? Or is your response just masking your anger. You're not really upset with the posters now are you Tell us who you're really upset with.lol

Reactions: 4 people
When Maria Cornelius interviewed the players post-game, Westbrook's comments and demeanor were different from the others. Davis, Hayes, Meme, Kasi and Green all talked about getting in the gym right away and working on their game. They seemed very committed. When Maria asked Westbrook the same questions about the offseason, she said she wanted to get home and rest. She might have said other things that weren't included in the video clip.

I think they're all back, but if anybody transfers, it could be Westbrook. She's going to have even more competition at PG next year and she hasn't seemed to like the criticism. Still think she sticks and remains the starter, though. Holly goes easy on her and she'd sit a year elsewhere.

That is why i think Holly will not be back as coach, I like Westbrook but not at the pg spot. Also smart move by Hayes to get in the gym and work on that jump shot. Westbrook and Hayes need to understand the pg spot will be up for grabs.

That is why i think Holly will not be back as coach, I like Westbrook but not at the pg spot. Also smart move by Hayes to get in the gym and work on that jump shot. Westbrook and Hayes need to understand the pg spot will be up for grabs.

Westbrook also looked so beat up by the end of the year....some rest will definitely do her well. I hope she stays but I think it’d be in her best interest to transfer. If she goes back Home to Oregon or Oregon State she could really make an impact on a Final Four caliber team.

Westbrook also looked so beat up by the end of the year....some rest will definitely do her well. I hope she stays but I think it’d be in her best interest to transfer. If she goes back Home to Oregon or Oregon State she could really make an impact on a Final Four caliber team.

Yep, turnovers and missing shots really put wear and tear on the body.

Now supposed Tennessee fans are URGING members of the team to quit the Lady Vols basketball team.

Reactions: 11 people
I think Kamera Harris will transfer. I really do. They haven’t played her for two seasons yet they haven’t developed her either. :ermm:

Have we ever developed anyone in the last six years? Recently players come here and seem to not get any better. Middleton was a great guard in high school and a very good three point shooter, while she was here she started going backward. Give all the excuses you want for Russell’s ocassional lackluster play and lack of toughness, Holly ignored her issues and did little to improve her play. Holly has had a multiplicity of 5 stars, how many have become All Americans? The talent has been here, but not the coaching to take these players to the next level. It comes to the point where you must face reality, Holly bleeds orange, she is a good person and she wants to win and take the team to the next level, however, she simply lacks the ability to get the job done.

Now supposed Tennessee fans are URGING members of the team to quit the Lady Vols basketball team.

Scott Rueck would make her into a much better player than Holly will. If there’s one thing we’ve learned it’s that Holly doesn’t develop players well. If you’re a top recruit that wants to be the best they can, playing for Holly isn’t the way to make that happen.

Reactions: 3 people

It is sickening. I can’t believe some of the things I read on here and have even heard people scream at our players during games (sitting behind the bench). It makes my blood boil! They don’t know these girls, what they’re going through, or anything about them. True fans lift a player up when she’s struggling, not tear her down.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back